LAZADA Fake Scam Brand Bait and Switch

Fuk Thong

ive been a lurker on this forum for quite some time. it has helped to inform and answer many of my questions in the past. i received some products from Lazada this morning and that prompted me to actually create an account to post. 5555

A. STORY:

i ordered a nutribullet blender from lazada. what i received was a knockoff brand. this is simply a story about a bait and switch scam

B. TL:DR:

advertised product (most likely) will not be the one you receive. welcome to lazada

C. i am done with Lazada:
- there is no way to verify before you receive your product that your received product will be the product advertised

- i understand most products are made in china, thats not my issue. but i can safely say that most of the products sent via lazada are chinese products. unfortunately you are not likely to receive the one you actually ordered

- i understand most sellers on lazada are not representative of lazada, but of course lazada has no feature or process or incentive to assure the customer that they will receive the product advertised by the seller

- i had ordered a 71L fridge from lazada and it was some random chinese brand, no complaints. it works and all such products are most likely some random chinese brand

- now i will have to go thru the ballet of return requirements to ship this POS back to whomever sent it. i will just go to Central to buy one

- as an FYI i looked up the exact brand product i was sent and the lazada price was about 30% higher than what others offered. you will be ripped off either way inevitably

D. Fun with Pictures:

-

i ordered this nutribullet blender from lazada

image1.thumb.png.009d7ed85e34d13b30528293c4bdc4da.pngI ordered this Nutribullet 

-

this was the box that i received (i opened it myself) but the packaging was really questionable, both too small to be a nutribullet and padded horribly

image2.thumb.jpeg.e5aa3e757eb123c2b2da04900221c1a7.jpeg

-

this was the product box

image3.thumb.jpeg.765f193354ac547c95dc25af1282daa0.jpeg

-

and these were the products inside

image4.thumb.jpeg.931ed788acad15b4b0faa7dbd30b48a4.jpeg

-

save urself time and money. go to the store and buy brand name products. only order oem knockoffs from lazada

the end

Edited by Fuk Thong

I have asked the seller (Lazada) point blank is the item (a watch in this case) genuine or a copy, the response was 100% genuine, which is a lie, because it's impossible to sell a 5000 baht watch for 1000 baht. I was just testing their honesty, non-existent in many cases.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Shopee and Lazada are actually Singaporean companies.

you are partially wrong (well, me too):

Shopee and Lazada could be both Singaporean, can't know for sure.

but Lazada is hosted on Alibaba network and has Aliexpress scripts on the website, while Shopee is partially hosted in Thailand, partially Singapore, and has no chinese scripts.

laz1.jpg

laz2.jpg

shopee1.jpg

shopee2.jpg

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I have asked the seller (Lazada) point blank is the item (a watch in this case) genuine or a copy, the response was 100% genuine, which is a lie, because it's impossible to sell a 5000 baht watch for 1000 baht. I was just testing their honesty, non-existent in many cases.

In that case you'd have even more reasons to absolutely have no problems in getting a refund from Lazada if you bought it!

2 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

So why does this 'shop' do this...they obviously cannot make money when all their orders have to be refunded by Lazada.

That's Aliexpress' way of doing business: item price is cheaper than shipping defective/fake item back so customer will not ship it back for refund.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

So why does this 'shop' do this...they obviously cannot make money when all their orders have to be refunded by Lazada.

I suppose that is a bit like asking why do do people put malicious malware in their adverts etc etc.

Perhaps they just rely on some people accepting what was delivered without complaint.  Perhaps this was a one-off from the shop in this thread and not something that they do all the time?

• Like 1

I've ordered a lot from Lazada and returned a few items due to damage, did not work, or I changed my mind and did not want the item.  I received full refunds with no problem each time. Easy process.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

I've ordered a lot from Lazada and returned a few items due to damage, did not work, or I changed my mind and did not want the item.  I received full refunds with no problem each time. Easy process.

How did you receive the refund? 

I bought a camping table and tairs set from chilindo a while ago, and when I recieved it, discovered it was only big enough for dwarf monkeys, so i returned it at no cost to myself, and got a refund.

I had a similar experience with a product from Amazon paid with Visa, the product was cheap garbage I printed off the return papers and the delivery people picked it up at no cost to myself. Again received refund to Visa no problem.

Have not had occasion to return stuff to Lazada yet, but I have come close.

Yesterday I had some Lazada foodie items delivered from the Britshop, tinned peas/carrots - French, corned beef - Argentinian, and pink salt - Pakistan. ( Highly recommend the salt, it adds an extra dimension to your taste buds. )

The corned beef was only 200 grams and didn't realise how small that is, and the salt was only 350 grams,  again shocked at how small, but really my fault and no reason to be unhappy.

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

Sounds like eBay...

Never had to send anything back on eBay and always got a full refund. In some cases I had to send a photo of the damaged item to the seller. Sure the items were not very expensive. I ordered a lot on eBay and never lost money. 

10 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Never had to send anything back on eBay and always got a full refund. In some cases I had to send a photo of the damaged item to the seller. Sure the items were not very expensive. I ordered a lot on eBay and never lost money. 

I bought a laptop via eBay. They sent the wrong one. I complained and they sent me the right one. They asked me to send the wrong one back and when I did, they processed a full refund for the wrong one they sent. Nice of them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

A precis...

You ordered an item, the wrong item was delivered (which may or may not have been intentional, who knows?).  You have the option to return it for a refund.

To use your own words, "the end".

There was no "fake", there was no "scam", the brand name can be seen in your photos and clearly was not a faked "Nutribullet" name.  Return it if you don't want it.

"advertised product (most likely) will not be the one you receive". 

That is just not the case.

Agreed. A totally unhelpful and erroneous reply.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Why do you have to quote a post that takes at least six scrolls on my mouse wheel to read your unhelpful post.

Fer F*ks sakes.

If you're referring to me it's because

(a) it's my choice to do that but,

(b) more importantly, it helped to make the point of my comment.

By the way, if you used your mouse wheel properly, i.e. click it, you could just move down the post without doing any scrolls and you wouldn't have had to post, to quote you, your unhelpful comment!  Hope your finger recover soon from all the exertion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Agreed. A totally unhelpful and erroneous reply.

Nothing "erroneous" about it at all unless you can clarify.  It was a comment, my opinion and accurate!

And, while you're so busy giving judgment on my comment as "totally unhelpful and erroneous", what exactly was so totally helpful and accurate about your comment above?    Maybe you're allowed to post a "totally unhelpful and erroneous reply", to use your words, and then criticise others for doing the same thing?  Isn't that called hypocrisy?

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

(a) it's my choice to do that but,

(b) more importantly, it helped to make the point of my comment.

a. Just because you have the right to do it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

b. I hope the readers are not so feeble minded and forgetful they need that - and can't scroll back to the original if need be. PITA 

• Like 1