60-day permit to visit wife, am i still eligible?

We arrived in Thailand on mid of February, i was on 60-day Tourist Visa. 

Then earlier Apr 2020, i went to CW to extend my Tourist Visa.

The lady officer gave me 2 choices:

1. Apply normal 30-day Tourist Visa Extension then on 29th day i shall return and apply for 60-day permit to visit wife

OR

2. Completely ignored 30-day Tourist Visa extension and that lady would have immediately given me 60-Day permit to visit wife

I chose option 1 and paid 1900baht. Then a week later, lockdown and city gridlock happened and every foreigners were exempted from visa until Sept 27

Fast forward today, 

1. Given my situation (living with visa amensty) am i still eligible to apply for 60-day permit to visit wife?

2. I have contacted my embassy and them refused to issue me letter to apply whatsoever Thai visa. 

3. There is no airlines schedule to depart to my country. There is ONE, scheduled for December 3 but airlines has stated it is subject to change.

4. I have 2 kids and 1 newborn, and Thai wife. The hospital my baby was born, willing to issue paper to state that the newborn is NOT fit to fly (absolutely no face-mask 24/7 or he will suffer brain damage for prolong use of facemask)

5. I remember i was told my wife MUST be present while i apply for 60-day permit. Is Chaeng Wattana safe enough to bring my kids and baby along? (I just want to show the officers the living proof and i guess there may not be much of visitors for now)

6. What is that "stamp before Sept 11" if i need to get visa extension? Do i need to get that extension?

Please guide me what do i need to do with my situation until December 3 (i have not booked the plane yet since i do not want to waste time asking for refund multiple times in half year)

Ps. I have been advised to pay THB 20.000 upon departure and get 1 year ban period IF none of the legal option works out. No, marriage visai is not an option since i have been using my wife bank account to receive transfered money.

Thank you

• Like 1

You can apply for 60 day extension to visit family. 

Can you meet financials to obtain non o based on marriage and subsequent annual extension. 

Re stamp prior to Sept 11, would be good idea.

Ask CW your path to annual extension based on marriage.

If nothing works out contact agent.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can apply for 60 day extension to visit family. 

Can you meet financials to obtain non o based on marriage and subsequent annual extension. 

Re stamp prior to Sept 11, would be good idea.

Ask CW your path to annual extension based on marriage.

If nothing works out contact agent.

I dont meet up the financial THB 400.000 in the bank account, season for 3 months. I have been using my wife bank account to receive monthly $1500 since the lockdown started.

I only need to hold out until December 2020 and hoping the scheduled flight is still on track. Embassy has rejected to issue me paper to extend my visa, I think counsular hate the idea that his citizen must beg to stay in the Kingdom, hence so far none paper was issued to any stranded citizens.

My options are either legally pay THB 1900 every month for extension till December OR THB 20.000 when check out on December. Going through agents must cost more than 20k baht and i dont know how long it will take them to finish up the deal

8 minutes ago, arfandy said:

I dont meet up the financial THB 400.000 in the bank account, season for 3 months. I have been using my wife bank account to receive monthly $1500 since the lockdown started.

No financial proof is needed to apply for the 60 day extension. It appears you qualify for one since you have not applied for one since you entered the country.

You should open a bank account in your name only and try to deposit 400k baht into you account. It only needs to be there for 2 months when you apply for an extension.  Or start doing the $1500 transfers into it.

Does you embassy issue proof of income documents that can be used to apply for an extension of stay. If they do then you could use it to meet the 40k baht income requirement for the extension.

Before you apply for the extension you will need to apply for a 90 day non immigrant (category O) visa entry. The 400k baht only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply for it. Requirements are here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No financial proof is needed to apply for the 60 day extension. It appears you qualify for one since you have not applied for one since you entered the country.

You should open a bank account in your name only and try to deposit 400k baht into you account. It only needs to be there for 2 months when you apply for an extension.  Or start doing the $1500 transfers into it.

Does you embassy issue proof of income documents that can be used to apply for an extension of stay. If they do then you could use it to meet the 40k baht income requirement for the extension.

Before you apply for the extension you will need to apply for a 90 day non immigrant (category O) visa entry. The 400k baht only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply for it. Requirements are here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

What if someone has non-o multi, but already used 60 day extension a month before covid? What are options for extending in this situation?

28 minutes ago, Finnc99 said:

What if someone has non-o multi, but already used 60 day extension a month before covid? What are options for extending in this situation?

A one year extension of stay is an option if you can meet the financial requirements.

A letter form you embassy would allow you to apply for a 30 day extension.

Or you could try to get another 60 day extension under this in immigration order 327/2557.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

The should be able to waive the one 60 day extension per entry rule under that paragraph in the immigration order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

@arfandy > Attached below the requirements to apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife.

= = = = =

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

You would need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A one year extension of stay is an option if you can meet the financial requirements.

Or you could try to get another 60 day extension under this in immigration order 327/2557.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

The should be able to waive the one 60 day extension per entry rule under that paragraph in the immigration order.

I don't meet the financial requirements, but I will try either letter from embassy or the 60 day extension (would be best). 

Thank you for the information!

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks Joe. But i've been hearing about foreigners were rejected to receive 60-day permit to visit wife and some rogue IOs at provincial offices, reasoned that 60-day permit will count the day that 30-day visa extension finished which was before visa amnesty was given. Is this situation happening at Chaeng Wattana IO?

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

@arfandy > Attached below the requirements to apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife.

= = = = =

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

You would need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

Thank you very much for complete guide on documents needed to apply 60 day permit. Just two question: does my Thai wife need to be present at Chaeng Wattana office when i apply? If yes, do you think it is best to apply TODAY (or as earliest as possible) while bringing my kids and newborn along? I recon the office might be incredibly quiet now but i'll need some confirmation before taking all family members there.

Yes, i have nobody to take care my kids for now. Mom in law is coming down to Bkk but that'll be on November.

17 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Is this situation happening at Chaeng Wattana IO?

No

13 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Just two question: does my Thai wife need to be present at Chaeng Wattana office when i apply?

Yes she must be with you when you apply.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, arfandy said:

Thank you very much for complete guide on documents needed to apply 60 day permit. Just two question: does my Thai wife need to be present at Chaeng Wattana office when i apply? If yes, do you think it is best to apply TODAY (or as earliest as possible) while bringing my kids and newborn along? I recon the office might be incredibly quiet now but i'll need some confirmation before taking all family members there.

Yes, i have nobody to take care my kids for now. Mom in law is coming down to Bkk but that'll be on November.

Don't you have any friends or other family members that can look after your kids while going to CW? Try to go midweek, Wed-Thu. Normally less people there those days. 

18 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Don't you have any friends or other family members that can look after your kids while going to CW? Try to go midweek, Wed-Thu. Normally less people there those days. 

Mom in law is about 800km away and she's scheduled to visit us in Oct or Nov. My kids dont really like to be left alone with strangers or babysitters, so the only choices i have are either going alone to CW or bring along the kids. I hope the place is not hellish like before covid-19 happened. We plan to drive to CW next Wed or Thu after songkran holiday.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hi again, I went to immigration office today, they gave me only 2 options, leave country or get 400k (but takes 2 months so not really option).

They didn't give the options that you gave me; 327/2557 and the letter from embassy... is there any information you can give me about these two extensions in Thai language that I can show them? As it is a small immigration office they are usually not up to date with the latest information...

I tried downloading 327/2557 on immigration website but it just redirects me to somewhere else.

Any help would be great, thank you!