This place is becoming like a ghost town

CorpusChristie

19 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Chaka

I went to Suan Prung yesterday for you and explained your situation to the Doctor, he said to have you go there immediately and that they had accomodations and treatment ready for you.  Although he could make no promises he said that with proper medication and care that you can expect at least a substantial partial recovery.

So get yourself checked in there or a comprable facility asap.

Will they accept my 30 baht insurance fee?   Is it a shared room with my future wife??  Was it Dr Cristi you spoke with??

Out and about last night at 10 PM , in the Tapae gate, CM gate and Loi Kroh area , deserted .

Photo 1 

An abandoned food enclave 

2 . CM gate night food area , usually many people there .

3 .Cannot usually walk through there due to many people , had to walk on the road

4 . Tapae gate , usually many artists , food/souvenir vendors  , musicians and tourists on the forecourt, now just a few people there .

5,6,7,8 ,9Loi Kroh . Just a few bars still open and those that were open had no customers , typically there would be a bar with just one cashier sat in there on her own .

10,11 The Night bazaar /Loi Kroh intersection , usually street stalls on both sides of the road as far as the eye can see 

12 Kalare night bazaar .  

DSCF5723.JPG

DSCF5685.JPG

DSCF5687.JPG

DSCF5689.JPG

DSCF5692.JPG

DSCF5693.JPG

DSCF5694.JPG

DSCF5695.JPG

DSCF5699.JPG

DSCF5704.JPG

DSCF5706.JPG

DSCF5713.JPG

1 minute ago, dingdongrb said:

You should really try holding you camera/phone still, stop before taking a picture, or get a new camera/phone.

I did feel rather uncomfortable, taking photos of girls sitting in bars on their own with no one else in the bar , rather like taking photos of someone injured in a car crash , so I discreetly took the photos' whilst on the move and the point was the emptiness of the bars, rather than what the people looked like

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Anyone could go about in the evening and take photos of busy streets, full restaurants, shops with many customers, lots of people in malls, many cars in parking lots.  Probably even active nightlife.

Sure tourist stuff is down or closed but that is not news or surprising. 
But charge on fearless biased reporter,  your tour reports are really telling us about you.

Was in Chang Puak area this morning, traffic was busy, lots of students around the University, people shopping, smoothie shop had customers, lots of people having lunch at Tanin Market. Stopped at a 7-11, had to wait for 3 people at the till, another 3-4 still making selections. 10-20 scooters around me at the traffic lights.

Didn't seem that quiet to me.

Edited by BritManToo

4 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Anyone could go about in the evening and take photos of busy streets, full restaurants, shops with many customers, lots of people in malls, many cars in parking lots.  Probably even active nightlife.

I really want to go to those places , this isolation is getting me down .

Can you tell me where those places are and I will go there ?

(P.S, no need to tell me where full car parks are , as that dont interest me much)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I did feel rather uncomfortable, taking photos of girls sitting in bars on their own with no one else in the bar , rather like taking photos of someone injured in a car crash , so I discreetly took the photos' whilst on the move and the point was the emptiness of the bars, rather than what the people looked like

Beats connecting with real folk too.

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Out and about last night at 10 PM , in the Tapae gate, CM gate and Loi Kroh area , deserted .

Photo 1 

An abandoned food enclave 

2 . CM gate night food area , usually many people there .

3 .Cannot usually walk through there due to many people , had to walk on the road

4 . Tapae gate , usually many artists , food/souvenir vendors  , musicians and tourists on the forecourt, now just a few people there .

5,6,7,8 ,9Loi Kroh . Just a few bars still open and those that were open had no customers , typically there would be a bar with just one cashier sat in there on her own .

10,11 The Night bazaar /Loi Kroh intersection , usually street stalls on both sides of the road as far as the eye can see 

12 Kalare night bazaar .  

DSCF5723.JPG

DSCF5685.JPG

DSCF5687.JPG

DSCF5689.JPG

DSCF5692.JPG

DSCF5693.JPG

DSCF5694.JPG

DSCF5695.JPG

DSCF5699.JPG

DSCF5704.JPG

DSCF5706.JPG

DSCF5713.JPG

yes but boy blues bar had upward of 25 to 30 people crammed into their space,  wow.

I was in CM two weeks ago for 3 nights and it looked exactly like this in your pics of the same places.

Even went to a locals bar area and same thing.

Shows how deep the recession in reaching.

Can only think of the poor unfed pigeons at TP Gate, where they once lived in the lap of chinese luxury...

Wont someone please think of those starving flying disease ridden rats???

I think TP gate is the real "teller" as that place ALWAYS had something a brewing with tourists....

Need some pics of the famous and annoying Sunday Walking Street as a real gauge....Nimman too--Maya

• Haha 1

Just spent the long weekend in CM, and it was sad to see so many shops closed with many For Rent or For Sale signs. I walked around the old city, Tapae gate, Loi Kroh, Nimman all very quiet, never mind the coffee shops and restaurants if they are still open, you may be their only customer. 

• Sad 1

There is still some life in the town as 4 Large tour buses, at least three full (4th had blacked out windows) drove  past the Anantara Complex yesterday and today at 0730 and a fleet of mini-buses are parked outside Anantara at this moment.

PS;  Anantara now occupy the site of the ex UK Consulate compound by the river.

On 9/10/2020 at 6:03 PM, BritManToo said:

Was in Chang Puak area this morning, traffic was busy, lots of students around the University, people shopping, smoothie shop had customers, lots of people having lunch at Tanin Market. Stopped at a 7-11, had to wait for 3 people at the till, another 3-4 still making selections. 10-20 scooters around me at the traffic lights.

Didn't seem that quiet to me.

This place , Chang Puak ?

DSCF5727.JPG

DSCF5726.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

This place , Chang Puak ?

Typical.  No (constructive) comment, observation or information as to time or date. 

These little things do help to give credence and objectivity to posts, especially in your case.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Afternoon is set up time, customers come later, a lot of them come.  It is an evening market not an afternoon market.   For a guy that presents himself as knowledgable about Chiang Mai, you seem to know very little.  

Go to the same place at 7pm take photos and post.  Probably anytime between 630 and 9 you will find the place busy.

Or go at 6am and take photos and show us the same place reallyl empty.

I went to that place because BM2 said it was busy in the daytime and I went there in the day time 

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Just drove past a couple of restaurants near my house, they were packed out.

No social distancing, no face masks.

Drove along Nimman this afternoon, around 3pm, traffic was really busy.

Had to weave in and out all the way along.

Here's a video clip made in T-bar (Santhitham) last week, I see plenty of customers.

Hello Teerak...You want to play a game of pool?  Loser buys 3 Pipers and So-Dah Mix-ERR....You stay Cm Alone?....No have Thai Lady?......Gin Khao?....You have Facebook???...You can buy me Spy Coo--laaah????

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

More people at the Saturday night market this week 

DSCF5737.JPG

DSCF5739.JPG

DSCF5741.JPG

DSCF5742.JPG

DSCF5745.JPG

DSCF5732.JPG

DSCF5735.JPG

Gals looking at their phones.....dont see that much anymore....maybe texting police about strange man taking photos of them.... ????

last pic.....right side---black outfit---that other red chair taken?...som tam and sticky rice anyone???

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...