This place is becoming like a ghost town

CorpusChristie

24 minutes ago, fangless said:

Despite the Mods removing the original false statement by "CorpusChristie" that "EVERY shop was closed" can I please explain that this remaining post/reference is NOT TRUE as he later admitted. 

There are many flourishing businesses in the Sridonchai 90/1-90/30 soi area and  are OPEN for business as usual!

Please do not believe the deniers, they are killing CM businesses.  Please do not make posts about "closed" when you mean "permanently shut down" businesses unless you have proof that they are permanently shut down. 

You’re quoting the wrong person. 

Please do not mix me up with CC. I cannot think of many situations I would less rather be in. Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kadilo said:

You’re quoting the wrong person. 

Please do not mix me up with CC. I cannot think of many situations I would less rather be in. Thank you. 

Sorry but I was only trying to say the original quote by CC, which had been removed (thankfully), but re-quoted by you, was still extant at that time and appeared misleading. (it has now also been removed I believe!) 

I had to use your quote as I did not want the lies, as then printed to continue.  I in no way meant to infer that you had anything to do with the original CC quote. 

My apologies if that is how you read it.

I appreciated all your support and I believe that with the MODS considerable help and good judgment that truth and sensibility has prevailed.

Again my apologies if my use of your requote seemed out of turn!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, fangless said:

Sorry but I was only trying to say the original quote by CC, which had been removed (thankfully), but re-quoted by you, was still extant at that time and appeared misleading. (it has now also been removed I believe!) 

I had to use your quote as I did not want the lies, as then printed to continue.  I in no way meant to infer that you had anything to do with the original CC quote. 

My apologies if that is how you read it.

I appreciated all your support and I believe that with the MODS considerable help and good judgment that truth and sensibility has prevailed.

Again my apologies if my use of your requote seemed out of turn!

No problem. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Sorry!

Did you really think I could mix you up with CC!!!!!!  ????????

Please again refer to my full apology above which I know you have seen and acknowledged!  :partytime2:

Edited by fangless

3 hours ago, fangless said:

Could that be a euphemism for a "lunch time session" in the pub? 

Seriously with CC it is not a clear case of what time of day or place etc, more a case of Photo cropping/omission, what is todays message to be and/or what misleading narratives etc can be added/implied!

Otherwise just take the photos with a very large dose of salt! 

Do please go ahead and post photos of all the open shops and business , any time of day is OK  .

CCTV would also be acceptable 

6 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I can clearly see 3 that have 'for rent' signs and 1 that says 'closed'.

What time of day did he take the pics, was it 'lunch time'?

This is along by daily biking route...always a quiet road even before covid----Whole Earth...was popular back in the day, as I even went there and Im a cheapskate..$$$$ place that has seating that one would not see from the street, as its idea is to put you in an oasis setting.......The Castle is Bar....a haunted bar theme so that would be closed during day, and I drank nearby weekly and it was never a busy place...was pricey and a theme....I dont want to pay 200 bt for a drink to have it spilled on myself by someone hiding to scare me.

There was a nice thai jazz bar along that road..a $$$$ tea house..some noodle shops, but always mellow

so those pics could be from any year as there just isnt any real tourist foot traffic past the night bazaar.

Some of the others..snow ice..how can one sell enough of these to pay rent, esp during a rainy season with no tourists....the cmu students have enough of these on shutep rd....   one of many, many massage shops and tour shop....we need them like we need another coffee shop in cm.....some shops catering to chinese where the chinese would not even know exist as they tend to head right for nimman area for snail white

If you look at a few of the pics-esp the Castle one you can clearly see the reflection of our shutterbug ????

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Do please go ahead and post photos of all the open shops and business , any time of day is OK  .

CCTV would also be acceptable 

Given the assumption that the CCTV even works anymore, as we know thais are all about maintenance ????

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some can't download movies from the internet. One such is myself. My internet is too irregular to guarantee continuity at any time.

Doesn't matter that it's easier or better if one's computer loses the internet at any time.

typically back in the day i would download a torrent and just let it run until it finished...drops and all....

like a thai train ride..it arrives when it arrives......just read a book until the "train arrived".......

or.....just get better internet...my AIS sim card on my phone gave me good speed to stream/ download

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fangless said:

Despite the Mods removing the original false statement by "CorpusChristie" that "EVERY shop was closed" can I please explain that this remaining post/reference is NOT TRUE as he later admitted. 

There are many flourishing businesses in the Sridonchai 90/1-90/30 soi area and  are OPEN for business as usual!

Please do not believe the deniers, they are killing CM businesses.  Please do not make posts about "closed" when you mean "permanently shut down" businesses unless you have proof that they are permanently shut down. 

Post the photos of those "open flourishing businesses" up then  .

What is stopping you ?  

You visit the area regularly .

When I visited on the Saturday afternoon, every shop was indeed closed , when I went back during a weekday, the clinic and the Chinese herbal/money exchange shop were open .

Edited by Sheryl
Edited by Moderator for civility
  • Like 2

I read this topic out of boredom. 

I always see pictures of empty streets, and for sale/rent businesses. 

I also read that these pictures are tendentious. 

As an outsider, to been able to have a real/correct idea, it would be nice to see pictures of the same area when crowded, and florishing businesses. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Does your personal attack have anything to do with the topic?

Personal attack.....LOL.....  I take it you are one of those that have no knowledge to be able to download movies from the Internet.

My reply was on topic for the post I was replying to, was it not?

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

I did go in their to have a 230 Baht ice cream/snow cream or whatever they are called .

230 Baht and all it was , was a pile of shaved ice with some cocoa powder thrown on top , must have cost about ten Baht to make .

Had to walk past Haagen-Dazs just outside as well , looking through their window and feeling even more disappointed . 

230 Baht

You credibility issues are ballooning exponentially.

• Haha 2

Mai pen ra.    Maybe Thailand will value each tourist when things open?  Nah won't happen.  They will want to charge for lost revenue.   It would be interesting to document the asking price of some of those businesses over the next 6 months. 

If one thought buildings in Thailand were in disrepair last year just wait 3 years.   Many buildings won't be salvageable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2020 at 9:52 AM, ChakaKhan said:

typically back in the day i would download a torrent and just let it run until it finished...drops and all....

like a thai train ride..it arrives when it arrives......just read a book until the "train arrived".......

or.....just get better internet...my AIS sim card on my phone gave me good speed to stream/ download

Why do you assume I'm able to get better internet?

On 10/12/2020 at 1:43 AM, ChakaKhan said:

have also lived outside old city and would agree normal thai life is bustling.

What is that opinion based on ?

The previously busy main roads and not busy anymore , can easily walk across the road without having to dodge cars , seems that all the people who previously worked in the tourist  industry have all gone home to their villages , its effected local businesses as well because all the people that worked in the tourist industry, no long spend their money in local shop s 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

can easily walk across the road without having to dodge cars

Not across the main roads in the city areas 8-9AM and 5-6PM Mon to Sat.  And NOT Sri Donchai during those times.

I am sure of course that you are able to just walk across any road at any time like Moses and the parting of the Red Sea while us poor mortals use common sense and obey the "look left/right etc codes".

Just now, fangless said:

Not across the main roads in the city areas 8-9AM and 5-6PM Mon to Sat.  And NOT Sri Donchai during those times.

I am sure of course that you are able to just walk across any road at any time like Moses and the parting of the Red Sea while us poor mortals use common sense and obey the "look left/right etc codes".

Of course the roads are busy during rush hour and of course I look before I cross , I was talking about non rush hour times , but previously you had to wait for a gap in the traffic before you could cross , these days theres no need to wait , just walk straight across ten lanes of traffic less roads without needing to stop and wait 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why do you assume I'm able to get better internet?

There are always options, just the same as when I used True move-I found AIS much better--I shopped around...worst case there is even satellite internet that wold work in the middle of the pacific. So it seems that you just CHOOSE not to search for a better option or pay more for a better service..  and even if the internet you claim to have drops or is slow, you could still download, just at much slower speeds. Lastly, as you seem to have enough "juice" to be on this site daily, you would have enough juice to download, slowly.

Where there is a will, there is a way...Id even go to a gaming cafe, tons of them in LOS, your move mate ????

https://internationalsatelliteservices.com/products/portable-satellite-internet/

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

ERRmm , arent you living in the USA and havent been to Thailand since last March ?

Yep, trapped in the Trumpster fire, seeking escape from The Purge..came home thinking id be safer, boy what a fool I was!  To think Id be safer in Maga world than a 3rd world....anyhoo....That was my location a few months ago and I would think still applies to my observations, as other have concluded about the situtation

My tea buddy is still up and going if you wanna pop by for a bubble tea and a photo...I did a review for his shop and it keeps sending me "view" updates and is now past 6000 views, so he seems to be doing ok-right in the heart of the old city, one block north of the famous Thae Pae gate, poor lonely starving pigeons tho..

The math equation being local=same same......no tourists=no business in tourist areas..seems simple to me

Hope i didnt wake you...fun dee teerak! ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Yep, trapped in the Trumpster fire, seeking escape from The Purge..came home thinking id be safer, boy what a fool I was!  To think Id be safer in Maga world than a 3rd world....anyhoo....That was my location a few months ago and I would think still applies to my observations, as other have concluded about the situtation

My tea buddy is still up and going if you wanna pop by for a bubble tea and a photo...I did a review for his shop and it keeps sending me "view" updates and is now past 6000 views, so he seems to be doing ok-right in the heart of the old city, one block north of the famous Thae Pae gate, poor lonely starving pigeons tho..

The math equation being local=same same......no tourists=no business in tourist areas..seems simple to me

Hope i didnt wake you...fun dee teerak! ????

Canal Road.. USA! ????