non O visa who don't have 400k, what are the options

14 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

The Agent Did ALL The Work for me & WILL Also do the 90 Day Reports & Cost Me 18k.... I'm Also Worry free for A Year !!

Using an agent would not leave me worry free for a year.

Dodgy to say the least.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fishtank said:

There is no combination method.

400,000 OR 40,000 a month not both or combination.

Don't know where you do your extension but I use Combo method at Jomtien and have done for the past 6 years.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Moonlover said:

You are all in this situation through no fault of your own and I'm sure that a suitable arrangement will be made to enable you all to remain here.

Arguably, but better not here.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

One option other than the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months there is the option to prove 40k baht income.

The income can be proven by a document from yoru embassy is issuing them. Or proof of transfers into the country from abroad.

Not really... I had the affidavit from my embassy and immi still wanted to see deposits in thai bank... so this option is out. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, fishtank said:
43 minutes ago, a977 said:

Don't know where you do your extension but I use Combo method at Jomtien and have done for the past 6 years.

44 minutes ago, fishtank said:

I doubt it. There is no such option.

I'll let you know later on that @fishtank. I'm off downtown this morning to apply for one. Which, incidentally has already been sanctioned at an earlier consultation.

2.18 In the case of a family 

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child 

of his/her spouse): 

Permission will be 

granted for a period of 

not more than 1 year at a time. 

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Not really... I had the affidavit from my embassy and immi still wanted to see deposits in thai bank... so this option is out. 

The may of wanted them to support the affidavit you did. But the transfers would not have to meet the same requirements that are required if you do not have the letter.

The amendment to the immigration order states it is transfers or proof from your embassy not both.

• Like 2

OP - seems the obvious choice hasn't even been mentioned. Get a job. You can work in Thailand on a NON-O based on marriage. Then, before Sept. 11th, go to immigration, get the stamp, apply for the 60 day to visit wife. Then, 15 days before that 60 days expires apply for the regular, single entry NON-O extension based on marriage using your job as the 40k a month income.

2 hours ago, a977 said:

But not for a extension of stay based upon marriage since it is clearly not allowed. It is only allowed for extension based upon retirement.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, 72BKK said:

I am 48. An agent cover the money means i have to borrow the amount from an agent? Do they provide that service?

25.000 baht to "borrow" the money for the 1 minute the corrupt IO overlooks that you don't have it

for retirement people may 25.000

I am in same position, not 50, but have money in the bank (10+ years) but another corrupt IO problem ...

so I was quoted 55.000 baht to oversee the problem

Edited by Bender Rodriguez

Sorry for my Ignorance, How and where do you find these agents (never done either retirement nor marriage ext.)? I suspect you just hang around the immigration office, look bewildered and someone will approach? Problem is where i live there aren't many foreigners, so I don't think there are any "agent" hanging around the office looking for foreigners. Most work handled by this office deals with labor from Cambodia.

Just now, AlQaholic said:

Sorry for my Ignorance, How and where do you find these agents (never done either retirement nor marriage ext.)?

Many just use the term "agents". 

Places such as Thai Visa Centre etc are offices that resemble travel/tour offices.

Google and you will find plenty.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:45 AM, DrJack54 said:

Use an agent to cover the the money.

If over 50 the agent may prefer you obtain extension based on retirement.

where to find an agent please ? ask immigration office who is their cheater friend ?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Fact is the guys who entered on ME marriage have very easy path to non o marriage followed by annual extension.

I think you missed the part of the OP writing about those who do not have the funds in the bank to qualify for an annual extension. In fact, the was the whole point of his post. First sentence in fact.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The ME guys that do not have the financials. They need an agent asap.

Are you saying that the only way those married and who need an annual extension but do not have the funds is to spend tens of thousands on an agent? To do what, exactly, that the visa holder can't do himself? Are you saying that part of the agent fee is to bribe the IO and encourage him/her to forget the law? I just want to be clear on this.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

To do what, exactly, that the visa holder can't do himself?

If you don't have the funds either via income method or via money in the bank, then that means you don't have the funds.

You can use an agent if you wish.

Pretty simple really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, 72BKK said:

I am 48. An agent cover the money means i have to borrow the amount from an agent? Do they provide that service?

It doesn't work that way. You pay the agent who will make the financial requirement go away. It will cost you about 25k, maybe even more when you're not 50 years old. Don't you have a monthly income? 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you don't have the funds either via income method or via money in the bank, then that means you don't have the funds.

You can use an agent if you wish.

Pretty simple really.

Thanks. What you didn't reply to is all the answer I needed to know.

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

18K sounds like a retirement extension (and not especially cheap). 25K is a good price for a marriage extension which requires sign off from on high.

Tim, It is a Retirement Extension.....(and not especially cheap ) But I Was just " Happy " to get it & Has me Good for the next 12 Months Worry Free "

Edited by Nong Khai Man