90 day Immigration reporting must be done by the end of today (August 31)

Overheard a guy earlier at the Hat Yai IO being told he had to pay a fine of 4,000THB for not doing his 90-day report in August, despite the fact he went in in August and was told to come back another time. They kept pointing to the poster that also says "All stamps dated from Sept 27th", though it seems a lot of IO's are ignoring that part of the poster.

Wanted to refer him to the forum so Joe could supply the official govt order that says reports can be done until Sept 26, but he disappeared. 

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Did they take him away to the cells ?

Haha, no. He kept saying to the guy at the front "the lady inside told me to come back another time, as she told me that I disregarded the poster", *guy at the front points to poster again*, after they did that for a while I think they went inside to try to speak to the lady IO officer. Hope it worked out for him. 

Of course I don't know the full story, but seemed a bit off. 

21 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Overheard a guy earlier at the Hat Yai IO being told he had to pay a fine of 4,000THB for not doing his 90-day report in August, despite the fact he went in in August and was told to come back another time. They kept pointing to the poster that also says "All stamps dated from Sept 27th", though it seems a lot of IO's are ignoring that part of the poster.

Wanted to refer him to the forum so Joe could supply the official govt order that says reports can be done until Sept 26, but he disappeared. 

4000 baht fine for missing a 90 day report is a bit odd, is it not 2000 baht?

On 9/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your report date will still be the same.

Many offices only want the TM30 report instead of a TM27 or TM28 form.

Went a bit different than expected Joe. The lady asked me how long I planned to stay in the Province at my new address " about 2 years I said" She took my original 90 day report from the other province out of my passport and replaced it with a new one with the same dates but in her province...Job done.

I had read for confirmation of address they post it out to you in 15 days. I had my application ready lease etc. She told me to wait a few minutes and did it there and then. In and out in about 30 minutes....