Thai Airways eyes expansion into food business

webfact

They're out of luck its already been done!!

Image result for Steaks on a Plane Bolton

Suppose they could also move into the outdoor drinks venue bit different to a VW camper...

pps. I never bothered reading the preceding pages so apologies if I am repeating stuff!!

Please, please don't ever ask the Thais to make bread or pastry.

People who normally put the least effort into doing anything cannot possibly make good breads or pastries.

Good delicious breads or pastries are made by people who are proud of their job and take pride in making good quality products. I have not seen such people in Thailand rather unfortunate I must say.

I have eaten a couple of nice thai dishes but generally I find them rather disappointing. Just watery , watery stuff here and there. Using lots of factory made paste or ingredients. Mind you, I am talking about middle-level class restaurants- not those fine dinning types.

You know, if you don't know how to make sauce you are a failure in cooking.

Making sauce is an art- the french have master that art. Well, the Italian too. I am not Thai bashing , please, I need to speak the truth(at times the truth hurts) and in the art of cooking you do need to be honest.

Edited by poloshirt
add words
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, poloshirt said:

Good delicious breads or pastries are made by people who are proud of their job and take pride in making good quality products. I have not seen such people in Thailand rather unfortunate I must say.

There are a few artisanal bakeries run by Thais in Bangkok. The rest of the country - not so much, it's additives galore to get it fluffy and save flour. I do my own.

11 hours ago, poloshirt said:

Please, please don't ever ask the Thais to make bread or pastry.

People who normally put the least effort into doing anything cannot possibly make good breads or pastries.

I have eaten a couple of nice thai dishes but generally I find them rather disappointing. Just watery , watery stuff here and there. Using lots of factory made paste or ingredients. Mind you, I am talking about middle-level class restaurants- not those fine dinning types.

You know, if you don't know how to make sauce you are a failure in cooking.

Making sauce is an art- the french have master that art. Well, the Italian too. I am not Thai bashing , please, I need to speak the truth(at times the truth hurts) and in the art of cooking you do need to be honest.

With rare exception the only way to enjoy Fine Thai Dining is to LEAVE. I enjoyed Thai Dishes worldwide till i came  to live here. The Restaurant Crud they eat heres fit for the Doggy Bag. Flung together in seconds and MSG laced into the Sugar Gunge. Yes,Fine is available at the Oriental and thats where quality begins to show good Thai Cuisine. Idle sums them up nicely.