Need to use a fax machine in Phichit.

Grumpy John

Hi folks, I have a document I need to send to Australia.  Phichit PO accepted it last week and now they say cannot deliver.  $37 for a letter not enough ay?  So now it's fax or nothing!  Does anyone know where I can send a fax from in Phichit.  I tried several gold shops, 4 photocopy shops, Kodak shop, the PO...to no avail.  Ps: Most could do in Thailand but not international.

Edited by Grumpy John
Ps:

There are lots of online fax services, google it. myfax.com, hellofax.com

Go to the fax service website, upload or email your document and it gets sent as a fax.

Also apps for your phone that do the same thing.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,  but they want my Visa card number even for a free trial...and I no longer have a Visa card!  Bangkok bank have a new phone app linked to Union Pay but I  am not sure if I can get it, or use it if I  can GEt it. 

Edited by Grumpy John
Smelling

3 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Thanks guys,  but they want my Visa card number even for a free trial...and I no longer have a Visa card!  Bangkok bank have a new phone app linked to Union Pay but I  am not sure if I can get it, or use it if I  can GEt it. 

There used to be free ones floating around, probably stlll some out there if you search enough. https://www.lifewire.com/free-fax-services-2378048

Why cant the people in Australia accept the document as an email attachment ?

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

10 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

but they want my Visa card number even for a free trial

...was just about to say, is there a reason the recipient won't accept the document as a emailed pdf?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There used to be free ones floating around, probably stlll some out there if you search enough. https://www.lifewire.com/free-fax-services-2378048

You would have to ask the government why in 2020 they cannot accept emails. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RichCor said:

...was just about to say, is there a reason the recipient won't accept the document as a emailed pdf?

Australian government rules.  They wouldn't do it on the phone because I  have to show a bank stamp and bank manager signature on the form. Peer gave me a link to some free sites...I might get lucky! 

On 8/31/2020 at 5:31 PM, GreasyFingers said:

If you have contacts in Australia email it to them and then they can fax it to the government.

Have run into this problem before,

Probably the only option!  My son is in Melbourne...hopefully he can go to a post office or internet shop.

On 8/31/2020 at 1:15 PM, Peterw42 said:

There are lots of online fax services, google it. myfax.com, hellofax.com

Go to the fax service website, upload or email your document and it gets sent as a fax.

Also apps for your phone that do the same thing.

Hi Peter, the problem is I no longer have a credit or debit card...or Paypal so despite the free trials or 3 free faxs I cannot sign up!   

1 minute ago, Grumpy John said:

Hi Peter, the problem is I no longer have a credit or debit card...or Paypal so despite the free trials or 3 free faxs I cannot sign up!   

Do you know someone that does?  Even a computer shop might have card or paypal they could use to pay and charge you in cash/fee?