Bt6.52bn Locomotives Ordered

snoop1130

Bt6.52bn Locomotives Ordered

fhgbtgh.PNG

BANGKOK, Aug 31 (TNA) – The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) signed a 6.52-billion-baht contract to buy 50 locomotives from the SFR consortium to replace old locomotives.

SRT governor Nirut Maneephan said the contract was signed today for the procurement of 50 diesel-electric locomotives with the maximal axle load of 16 tons together with spare parts.

The SFR consortium consists of Sanfoco International Co and River Engineering Co.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-526068

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-08-31

They need to double track the main line all the way from the south to Chiang Mai before they buy new locos. I'm sure 6.52billion baht would buy a lot of installed track.

Perhaps cleaning the existing locos and doing some maintenance would extend the operating lives of the existing locos. They should be ashamed to run such filthy machines.

BTW the headline indicates they are spending 6.52 billion baht on each loco, which seemed excessive even given the usual bound to happen. However, the article says it's for all 50 locos and spares.

However, I suppose buying new locos is more beneficial to the usual suspects than laying some needed track.

BTW, in 2016 an auction for loco supplier was abandoned because the only contender was disqualified. Only took 4 years to find another.

The consortium was CRRC, a Chinese company and surprise surprise, Sanfoco International Co of Thailand.

I can't link as it is in the newspaper I can't name on here. Google will find it easily enough.

• Like 2

This Government Dept SRT is a disgrace to Thailand.

They cannot run anything. Just have a look at the disgusting train to Suvarnabhumi & was from day 1.

They built that massive white elephant station & is hardly used because they admitted building in the wrong place

Could have taken a leaf out of KL's book. Expensive yes but 

on time,

comfortable,

clean 

convenient

DOnt know what a SFR is. Saw something like a cable company in France, buying telecom, so makes no sense.

Unless of course it consists of big investors in a group.

For the Thai i hope they locs arent made in Italy, as several things drop to pieces when you use it.

But ok wise to use money now for something useful instead of subs. 

12 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

is there any mention of some decent rolling stock to hook up to those bright shiny new Loco,s ?

The present passenger carriages are a disgrace

They've been buying shiny new Chinese made sleeping cars. I traveled in one and prefer the old ones as the seats are too hard.

12 hours ago, natway09 said:

This Government Dept SRT is a disgrace to Thailand.

They cannot run anything. Just have a look at the disgusting train to Suvarnabhumi & was from day 1.

They built that massive white elephant station & is hardly used because they admitted building in the wrong place

Could have taken a leaf out of KL's book. Expensive yes but 

on time,

comfortable,

clean 

convenient

LOL. They don't care if the station is used or not as they got theirs anyway.

I don't see what you have against the airport train. Was fine when I used it.