Selling A Honda Click Questions

osirisblack

Good Day everyone, first post but long time lurker

Like many I got no options to stay in the Land of Smiles and will be heading home.  I got a Honda Click Had some questions on selling it

1. It is under my name, what is the procedure to transfer it to another?

2. I am in Chiang Mai but I bought the bike in another province will that be an issue during transfer process?

3. Do Dealerships, shops buy bikes if I need a quick sale or can't sell it in time?

4. Recommendations on where to post it?

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Yes dealerships buy bikes, but to a shameful price. That would be your last option.

Where you are is not relevant.

You get transfer papers in the Traffic office, and then your can just fill in your part and sign. After just give it to the new owner and he will fill in the rest and show the book as well as receipt for buying and fix that last thing with the transfer alone.

Post it anywhere. As lons as you get what you want it´s alright.

Sad to hear you can´t stay, but I wish you a happy trip home.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yes dealerships buy bikes, but to a shameful price. That would be your last option.

Where you are is not relevant.

You get transfer papers in the Traffic office, and then your can just fill in your part and sign. After just give it to the new owner and he will fill in the rest and show the book as well as receipt for buying and fix that last thing with the transfer alone.

Post it anywhere. As lons as you get what you want it´s alright.

Sad to hear you can´t stay, but I wish you a happy trip home.

I see I would go get the transfer papers at any time?

The best option when transferring a vehicle is if both parties meet at the DLT, in case any document is missing, or a signature is missing, it can then easily be corrected. They do of course also have the forms which you have to complete for the transfer.

Besides of Facebook market place, Kaidee is a good option, but you should be able to speak Thai or have a Thai speaker assist you, because this is used nearly only by Thais and the people there often can't speak English.

Only in case that you really fail to sell it to anybody who is seriously looking for a new bike, and before you decide to see it for half of what it's worth to some random dealer because you have to leave in two days:

Send me a private message with contact details here on Thaivisa, if it's cheap i might buy it (I'm in Chiang Mai), maybe i pay you a little bit more than a dealer, i'm getting a bit bored of my Wave.

• Like 1

Guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but if the green book and number plate is registered in another province then the DLT of Chiang Mai needs to first change the green book and number plate to Chiang Mai province, then it can transfer the name on the green book to a new owner..., this is an extra step that takes a day or two extra... , doesn't cost much, for Click maybe a few hundred... 

You can of course do this yourself now, then it's done before selling it in Chiang Mai. Although various shops , dealers, or even willing private buyers can do all this alone too, they just get you to sign all the forms and a "power of attorney letter" and do the two steps ...