The official immigration memo regarding permission to stay until 26th stamp

This is the immigration memo which tells immigration to give people under the amnesty a stamp in their passport which states that they are allowed to stay until 26th September.

So in case you think such a stamp helps you, but your immigration office acts like they don't know anything about it, you could show them their own memo:

118544252_10217079953381553_7652285102109704195_n.jpg.798819d0f9220cde74d7c09f4654fd31.jpg

Source: Facebook, i don't have a higher quality version, but it's possible to read it. If somebody has a better version of it, please post it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Didn’t realize a stamp was needed. I thought it was automatic.

The stamp is usually not required, and if you don't need it never mind about it.

But some people here were denied certain services, based on not having such a stamp. The IO (wrongfully) told them "without a valid permission to stay stamp you can't convert to a non-immigrant visa". Now being able to get such a permission to stay stamp would take this hurdle.

Some other people had problems extending their driving license, because the DLT wanted a valid permission to stay stamp, this would also be solved with this stamp.

• Like 1

That´s a good one. I see no rush to run to get the stamp, though.

Most people will ask for an extension before the amnesty is over. Just to bring this document with the application. If the officer believes the stamp is needed, then he have the order to put it in at the same time.

For most people this one would be nice to have in a pdf-document. @ubonjoe Do you have access to this paper or a link to it? You usually have all the aces up your sleeves ???? 

Posted this yesterday in the other "official extension stamp" thread. Not exactly sure what it says, though I think it's dated Aug 27th (the day the U.S. Embassy sent out their email).

I doubt Joe has anything, he's one of the one's that said this stamp is incorrect/impossible etc. 

Edited by greggraham

7 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Posted this yesterday in the other "official extension stamp" thread. Not exactly sure what it says, though I think it's dated Aug 27th (the day the U.S. Embassy sent out their email).

I doubt Joe has anything, he's one of the one's that said this stamp is incorrect/impossible etc. 

I bet he knows a man that can

16 minutes ago, greggraham said:

I never said that. I was just questioning the correctness of the info posted in the OP of that topic.

I will try and get a translation of it but it may take few days.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is the immigration memo which tells immigration to give people under the amnesty a stamp in their passport which states that they are allowed to stay until 26th September.

So in case you think such a stamp helps you, but your immigration office acts like they don't know anything about it, you could show them their own memo:

118544252_10217079953381553_7652285102109704195_n.jpg.798819d0f9220cde74d7c09f4654fd31.jpg

Source: Facebook, i don't have a higher quality version, but it's possible to read it. If somebody has a better version of it, please post it.

A rough google translation:

1 Most urgent, save the message from the government office  Tel. 0 228 22 at 0023.2 Wor 2554 Date 27 August 1980 regarding the operating guidelines for the Vetting Seal of Permission to stay in the Kingdom according to the Ministry of Interior's announcement regarding permission for certain foreigners to stay in the Kingdom as a case  Special add to April 2, 63 and the amendment added to the class.  Immigration Office TOS RUTORU. To note "The director of the Immigration Bureau, according to the Ministry of Interior's announcement regarding permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the Kingdom in a special case, down 7 April 2018 and  The amendment stipulates that aliens who are permitted to stay in the Kingdom temporarily receive an extension of their license to stay in the Kingdom under Section 35 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 or according to the Notification No.  Relevant from 26 March 63 to 26 September 63 because the alien has been extended to stay in the Kingdom according to the Ministry of Interior's announcement.  Experiencing the problem of not appearing the period of permission to stay in the Kingdom in the passport, only used as evidence in contacting government agencies or doing various transactions, so the immigration official at the room where the alien has domicile or work place stamped  Period of permission according to the announcement of the Ministry of Interior  Into the passport of the foreigner with a note under the seal that "The alien according to the announcement of SUT  Covit 19 to 27 April 63 and the amendment "according to the example attached to this letter, it is therefore informed and informed to the relevant officials to continue to practice.  Royal Thai Police Dept.

16 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Out of curiosity can the "Amnesty" stamp be converted to a Non O Visa (Spouse or Dependant) ?

Only if you entered visa exempt or on a tourist visa. You would also have to meet the 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income requirement.

• Thanks 1