Trump defends accused Kenosha gunman, saying his life was likely in danger

webfact

14 hours ago, moose7117 said:

Trump did exactly what he was supposed to do !

Let Covid run rampant, in reality it is mostly the elderly, inherently sick, unemployable and burdens on society that are dyeing.

So does it matter ? 

Society won't miss em.

Yeah. I am sure you would say that if it was your Mom. Empathy, just like the non leader. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 6:31 PM, CorpusChristie said:

If the rioters and looters and arsonists would stop destroying the cities,  there would be no need for anyone to defend the cities .

Are you an Antifa sympathizer ?

1 hour ago, DBath said:

You can’t be serious... Nobody said anything about whole cities being destroyed. <snip>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah. I am sure you would say that if it was your Mom. Empathy, just like the non leader. 

I am not saying i like or dislike his politics or agree with what he is doing.

As for the "Leader of the free world" anybody who believes the decisions he makes are without the influence of the movers and shakers , like Warren Muffet, the the delightful Koch's and some others should maybe have a better look at who is profiting from Americas shenanigans.

I simply do not understand the American people. and why the are behaving like the are.

4 hours ago, DBath said:

It was obvious to me what you meant. Not sure what game is being played here, but I know the definition of hyperbole and I don’t understand why one of the posters here is using that word. I feel like some are baiting to get others into a situation where they can be suspended. As far as this topic goes, I think it has been beat to no end and I’m no longer going to offer my opinion, because I think it is accomplishing nothing, much similarly to the opposing views being offered here. 

Dear ChorpusChristie, none of what I wrote is a knock on you. I respect you and agree with pretty much everything you say here. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, DBath said:

It was obvious to me what you meant. Not sure what game is being played here, but I know the definition of hyperbole and I don’t understand why one of the posters here is using that word. I feel like some are baiting to get others into a situation where they can be suspended. As far as this topic goes, I think it has been beat to no end and I’m no longer going to offer my opinion, because I think it is accomplishing nothing, much similarly to the opposing views being offered here. 

Quite simple, cities are not being destroyed

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Only the most ardent supporters of this man will continue to defend him in the face of these accusations. They are totally in character with who the man is and virtually everything we know about him. They are in character with many statements that he's made about John McCain who was a genuine American hero, and quite a few other generals and military Intelligence people, who have worked for him.

This is a man who dodged the draft on five occasions, did everything in his power to avoid serving his nation at a time his nation asked for his service, and out of a sense of embarrassment, shame or just pure hubris, he continues to insult demean, and lack support for the men and women who put themselves in harm's way, to protect the nation.

There is no doubt that Trump is the opposite of a patriot, there is no doubt that Trump is a coward and a traitor, who will sell out  his nation to despotic dictators, and who will deny aid to faithful allies Hopefully we have just a few more months left of this nonsense and then he will be in gloriously ushered out of Washington to a life of humiliation, a completely radioactive name that nobody in their right mind is ever going to want to touch, and a crumbling mini empire. That is just what he deserves, that is what he's worked hard for and that is something that the world will celebrate. There is no honor in his game. 

it was you and your ilk that elected him, som nom nah !

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

24 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

All your points are irrelevant to the charge of murder. His illegal possession of a weapon, his crossing state lines, who started the entire episode, all are irrelevant. They are separate issues and the judge will instruct the jury to that effect.

Why? Because those three people he shot, along with many others, were physically attacking him, smashing him in the head with a skateboard, aggressively attempting to take away his rifle, aiming a handgun at him with obvious intent to shoot him (in his mind at least, meaning he lacked mens rea for murder).

In other words, they were not effecting a citizen arrest to take him into custody, they were attempting to do him grave bodily harm, or kill him. Compare that to police, who would have ordered him to drop his weapon, prone out, and be taken into custody. I doubt any law enforcement officer would have hit him with a ten-pound skateboard.

Whatever crimes he may have committed up to that point did not disallow him the right to protect his life, especially in Wisconsin, where the Castle Doctrine is law: any person may employ lethal force to defend their self or another if they are in reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm. Kyle Rittenhouse had more than reasonable fear. 

An interesting aside is the person with the handgun threw up his hands in surrender, then when the Kyle's rifle jammed, he "unsurrended" and pointed his handgun back at Kyle, which is when Kyle shot him. Though civil unrest is not covered by the Geneva Convention, false surrender in war is a crime punishable by death.

Wrong, they show the intent of him being there.

the rest of you post is just nonsense with no basis in fact.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no doubt that Trump is the opposite of a patriot, there is no doubt that Trump is a coward and a traitor, who will sell out  his nation to despotic dictators, and who will deny aid to faithful allies Hopefully we have just a few more months left of this nonsense and then he will be in gloriously ushered out of Washington to a life of humiliation, a completely radioactive name that nobody in their right mind is ever going to want to touch, and a crumbling mini empire. That is just what he deserves, that is what he's worked hard for and that is something that the world will celebrate. There is no honor in his game. 

That''s quite some alternate reality you have created for yourself there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 8/31/2020 at 11:43 PM, Jingthing said:

The accused murderer is a white nationalist vigilante and an American president defends him. How low can he go? Always lower.

Why would a white nationalist shoot three white people? Please help me make sense of this. And please provide the basis for your claim.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

Why would a white nationalist shoot three white people? Please help me make sense of this. And please provide the basis for your claim.

Because they sympathize with his enemies.

3 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

Well someone seems to think they are the teacher and not only ask for an answer but the 'basis of your claim.'  It's not too difficult to figure out.   A supremacist would should a white person who is helping black people.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know about Rittenhouse's personal views. But it is in the public record that on the day of his shootings, he was hanging out with white nationalist extremist armed militia members.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/8/31/21409330/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-ryan-balch-boogaloo-boi-jacob-blake

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/08/30/wisconsin-man-who-says-he-marched-rittenhouse-kenosha-was-immersed-white-supremacist

Can we judge a person by the company they keep?

I suspect we will end up learning more about Rittenhouse's personal views as his case plays out.

Your link's source states Rittenhouse has no connection to the Bugaloo Boys.

"While Balch said Rittenhouse “had no connection” to the loosely organized group, he noted that as many as 32 boogaloo adherents were in Kenosha that day."

Even if there was a connection, there is no one definition for the Bugaloo Boys. From Wikipedia:

"Some are white supremacist or neo-Nazi groups who believe that the impending unrest will be a race war.[note 3] There are also groups that condemn racism and white supremacy."

If you have some information on any crimes these individuals committed in Kenosha that day, I would love to see it. I have not seen any such information, but certainly do not claim to have all the info that's out there. Now, the flip side of this line of attack on Rittenhouse is that it opens that same line of attack on the people he shot. That does not bode well for the people who want to send Rittenhouse to prison.

Also, what will really matter in a court of law is the relevant events that evening. Rittenhouse's attorneys have released a statement on what happened that day. After Rittenhouse's shift as a lifeguard in Kenosha ended that day (there goes the traveling from out of state to kill angle), Rittenhouse volunteered to clean up graffiti in Kenosha. Later, he heard about a local businessman needing help to protect his business from rioters. He and his friend went and stood watch, protecting the business from being vandalized and destroyed. At one point, he also grabbed a first aid kit, sought out and treated injured protesters. I believe the media will once again look foolish for trying to digitally lynch this young man and he will likely win a settlement with a few media outlets, as his legal team is the same team that represented Nick Sandmann. And as we can probably agree on, lawyers go to where they smell blood in the water.

The lawyers posted their statement here. I predict that Rittenhouse will be convicted of nothing more than a charge related to carrying a firearm under age.