Non Imm O (Volunteer)

All neighboring are closed for entry other than Cambodia and it it requires a business visa for entry.

If Thailand and a neighboring country were to do a agreement we might see some border crossing open earlier.

Another problem is entering the country at the this time if you left the country.

If you could qualify for another category you could possibley apply for it without leaving the country,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you could qualify for another category you could possibley apply for it without leaving the country,

And those are? For under 50 and unmarried who came in on a Non O (volunteer) visa ?

All options I've read about was changing from tourist visa to ed or the extra 60 days for visiting spouse.

The only one, and not guaranteed, is the 30 days with the letter from the embassy (which they not handing out on every request).

3 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

The only one, and not guaranteed, is the 30 days with the letter from the embassy (which they not handing out on every request).

I got a reply from the embassy and they state that they don't give out letters for the immigration.

2131847903_Annotation2020-09-01180425.png.9f41cdf5092387b95da67db0631d6636.png

Thank you for your message explaining your situation. I understand this is a difficult situation for you. However, the embassy does not issue visa support letters to persons who wish to stay longer in Thailand, as there is no longer any forced stay in Thailand. You will have to follow the regular Thai immigration rules regarding residence and renewal.

It seems incorrect that Thai immigration leaves it up to embassies to decide whether a person is eligible for extension or not (by providing a letter or not). The Dutch embassy is not competent in this matter and can only request an exception if there is a forced stay in Thailand because of Covic-19. This is no longer the case. You will have to extend your visa / stay in a regular manner.

In the first instance I would strongly advise you to make an appointment with Thai Immigration to get advice on how to renew your visa in the regular way. Thai immigration can inform you whether and how an extension can be made and which procedure can be followed.

Sincerely,

< .. >

3 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

All options I've read about was changing from tourist visa to ed or the extra 60 days for visiting spouse.

It could be possible to apply for a extension of stay based upon attending school but it would probably have to be a formal school (universities or equal).

14 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

I got a reply from the embassy and they state that they don't give out letters for the immigration.

I don't understand why they are not doing them. Some embassies were saying the same thing but now are issuing them.

• Like 1

Not exactly the same topic but I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread.

Can a Non-O (volunteer) visa be used for an extension based on retirement?  Specifically, an agent told me that if my wife obtained a 90-day non-O (volunteer), she could then extend as my dependent if I obtained a 90-day non-O (retirement) and subsequent extension.   Ubonjoe or anyone know if this is feasible or is the agent likely blowing smoke?  (we are running our of options to keep the whole family here)

Edited by eppic

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It could be possible to apply for a extension of stay based upon attending school but it would probably have to be a formal school (universities or equal).

I don't understand why they are not doing them. Some embassies were saying the same thing but now are issuing them.

Because Thailand is responsible for its visas / entries and not the country's embassy to a passport. This is called autonomy. Country representations are also autonomous institutions and Thailand has no right to make demands here. It is a red line respected by almost everyone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eppic said:

Can a Non-O (volunteer) visa be used for an extension based on retirement?  Specifically, an agent told me that if my wife obtained a 90-day non-O (volunteer), she could then extend as my dependent if I obtained a 90-day non-O (retirement) and subsequent extension. 

It might be possible. All that is required to apply for the extension as a family member is a non immigrant visa entry of any category,

• Thanks 1