THAI operating 18 flights to fly out foreigners or Thais wanting to go abroad

webfact

THAI operating 18 flights to fly out foreigners or Thais wanting to go abroad

By The Nation

800_c72d8221f6d2a5f.jpg?v=1599023144

Thai Airways (THAI) is operating 18 special flights to seven international destinations this month with limited seats for foreigners stranded in Thailand or Thais who need to travel abroad.

The destinations are Munich, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Copenhagen, Taipei and Hong Kong.

The European routes comprise: a TG922 Bangkok-Munich flight on September 11, departing at 12.20am; two TG922 Bangkok-Frankfurt flights, on September 18 and 30, leaving at 12.25am; three TG916 Bangkok-London flights, on September 13, 20 and 27, departing at 12.50am; two TG932 Bangkok-Paris flights, on September 17 and 29, leaving at 12.15am; and two TG950 Bangkok-Copenhagen flights, on September 13 and 27, departing at 6.50am.

The Asian routes are: Four TG632 Bangkok-Taipei flights, on September 4, 10, 18 and 25, departing at 8.25am; and four TG606 Bangkok-Hong Kong flights, on September 9, 16, 23 and 30, leaving at 4pm.

THAI executive vice president for commercial operations Wiwat Piyawiroj said the airline wants to help foreigners stranded in Thailand or Thais who want to visit their families, study or conduct business abroad.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393897

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-02

• Like 1

Highly doubtful any Thais will be "conducting business abroad" only to have to scramble to find a repatriation flight to get back and spend 14 days in quarantine upon return.

Until they dispense with the silly quarantine nonsense (Vietnam has already agreed to it for short-term business travelers) no Thai is going abroad unless they are leaving permanently, or long-term. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ndreamer said:

Australia enters the room, 30pax limit. 300 arrival limit per day. only 1 flight week.

Well, obviously I was referring to the cities to which TG will fly. That is the topic of this thread.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The destinations are Munich, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Copenhagen, Taipei and Hong Kong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It's never been an excuse...there have always been flights out of the country during the pandemic.

Well it does get used as an excuse still. Even some embassy letters mention the challenge of finding a flight.

But yes, there are, and have been, many flights out. I think for some, they don't want to leave Thailand/return to their home country, for others they want to recover their sunk air ticket cost.

I am pretty sure there were no flights out for a month or two early on in the pandemic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

There goes that "I can't fly out" excuse.

58 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It's never been an excuse...there have always been flights out of the country during the pandemic.

Right, so past time to end the amnesty. Time for them to go. ????

7 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

so it seem to be clear & final

I told you so weeks ago. The party is over, there will be no "excuses" this time. Plenty of flights out of the country this time around.

26th September is hunting season for the immigration.

You will be arrested, detained, deported and blacklisted. (those without a legal proper visa status of course).

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, tso310 said:

Thai are not operating 18 flights to fly out foreigners, they are operating 18 flights because there are still thousands of Thais trying to get back. Its only now they've realised they can sell seats on the flights going to pick up their nationals. 

A decent video from a good vlogger.

They have been charging higher than pre-covid market rates for seats on repatriation flights. Flying my partner back to Thailand cost 3- times the regular round trip fare for the repatriation flight from Cebu to Bangkok. 

1 minute ago, DB58 said:

They have been charging higher than pre-covid market rates for seats on repatriation flights. Flying my partner back to Thailand cost 3- times the regular round trip fare for the repatriation flight from Cebu to Bangkok. 

I know I'm waiting to hear from them as my wife is on the Sept 20 flight. Looks like Xmas in the UK for me.

9 hours ago, connda said:

Who in their right mine wants to go back to that panopticon?

They certainly have refined the prison concept since we sent our prisoners there in the late 1700s and early 1800s, now you are not allowed to leave, at least we let the prisoners return after their sentence was complete lol.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Hopefully, many of those on visa exemption will be able to leave by Sept. 27, on these flights, enroute to their home countries.

Little surprised that they won't fly to china, india or russia, supposedly your main target markets the recent years...

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

This could seriously backfire on thailand and their testing and figures if many of those stranded travellers test positive on return from thailand

I can't possibly see why, or understand your point.

Nations can't refuse entry to their citizens, regardless if they have Covid or not.

And If people happen to get infected sometime between leaving Thailand and arriving at another destination, it cannot be pinned on Thailand with 100% certainty anyway.