UK minister surprised by Scottish independence referendum move

snoop1130

A pressie for the McMafia from the Govt they loath:

Scottish wild salmon, Scotch beef and lamb are among 15 iconic Scottish products that could be protected in Japan for first time as part of the UK-Japan trade deal. Scotch whisky will also continue to benefit.

UK-Japan trade deal offers boost to Scottish businesses

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Shetland to explore options for independence   the islands voted by 18 to two in favour of examining how they could achieve “financial and political self-determination”.Telegraph

now that is some majority,good for Boris,..go for it you Scots

fish? what fish   oil? what oil

Edited by izod10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

So more good news, reaffirming the bright future ahead - another poll showing SNP polling above 50% and independence also the most favoured future for all Scots. 

Screenshot_20200911-174757_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200911-175023_Twitter.jpg

the sooner they go the better, but... now the shetland islands want to be independent from scotland, assume scotland will be fine about this...?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, samsensam said:

the sooner they go the better, but... now the shetland islands want to be independent from scotland, assume scotland will be fine about this...?!

Of course they will,they will not let that distract from their imminent journey...good luck to them,just get gone

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, samsensam said:

You see this is what happens when you only read the headlines of the unionist press.

Orkney and the Shetlands are not looking for independence from Scotland.

What they are asking for is more power to their local government.

I think after independence this would be a good thing. 

We should not have centralised rule based on the UK model. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

A lot of 'could' in that, with nothing of substance from a party of proven serial liars. And let's be honest, nothing is there that could not be done by a Scottish government. 

As whisky is the UK's largest food and drink export, I doubt there is very much largesse in the intention. 

Ungrateful, RR? 

Wot-a-shock! ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

You see this is what happens when you only read the headlines of the unionist press.

Orkney and the Shetlands are not looking for independence from Scotland.

What they are asking for is more power to their local government.

I think after independence this would be a good thing. 

We should not have centralised rule based on the UK model. 

Not quite,been muted for years, scots go Orkney/Shetland do not   SNP not in power there,not by long chalk    18 to 2 is one hell of a majority   they too want shut of scotland

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So many people eager to believe the headlines but fail to actually read the article or understand the intent. 

18 independent councillors voted to explore options for greater autonomy. That's a very, very big difference to independence. Personally, I fully support their efforts - too much centralisation is a bad thing, especially for a country like Scotland with disparate centres of population. 

They're looking at being a Crown dependency as per the likes of the IoM, Jersey etc.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Nothing quick off the mark from the independence supporters,no summary,no quick answers,nothing.  Please do not let the Shetland affairs influence your drive for full independence from the hated English,        it is your duty to your past forefathers..remember Bannockburn,Culloden  Preston Pan or whatever the hell it was called    The rallying call  FREE SCOTLAND   lol

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, evadgib said:

They're looking at being a Crown dependency as per the likes of the IoM, Jersey etc.

I don't think I have seen any article that suggests that they have any favoured model, merely that they want to explore alternative modes of government. But a crown dependency makes no sense - as an enclave, the territorial rules of the sea are clear - they would have control over 12 miles from their shores - a mere blip in Scotland's waters. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't think I have seen any article that suggests that they have any favoured model, merely that they want to explore alternative modes of government. But a crown dependency makes no sense - as an enclave, the territorial rules of the sea are clear - they would have control over 12 miles from their shores - a mere blip in Scotland's waters. 

Same as everybody else   200 miles    The cllrs have explored for a very long time,fact is they are awaiting the scots move,Boris knows this and is prepared but not publishing,he wants shut too.  The Shetland islanders need shutting up,they may just influence a scot vote,hopefully not    Scotlands waters end where Shetlands begin

Edited by izod10
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Oh so many assumptions. Edinburgh is out of touch, but when the Shetlanders look to Johnson and Westminster they feel appreciated? Are you sure about that? 

And 200 miles? So this applies to the channel Isles, IoW, IoM? No, I don't believe it does, but you keep up your faint hope and I will keep laughing as the nasty party continues to plummet in the polls and support for independence edges ever higher. 

go for it   im voting with the scots too

37 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Same as everybody else   200 miles    The cllrs have explored for a very long time,fact is they are awaiting the scots move,Boris knows this and is prepared but not publishing,he wants shut too.  The Shetland islanders need shutting up,they may just influence a scot vote,hopefully not    Scotlands waters end where Shetlands begin

That is my suspicion too but I knew it would lead to wiki-hockey & I can't be bothered with that at this time o'night, lol.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

When your stamina recovers, you might want to check out UNCLOS - all your questions answered (and hopes dashed) there. 

They are..Mr Rockall planted his flag on the rock,the English flag   another 200 miles lost in Atlantic,still you have Loch Ness , the laddies and the lassies can fondle in the heather..yet another crinkly ginger haired to take up the sporran   right up

9 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

We get this all the time.

Brexiteer English nationalists telling the Scots whats going on in Scotland while being completely uninformed. 

We are gone guys. Get used to it.

"Used to it"..we have prayed for it for longer than I can even remember

The cries of "the South will rise again"  US  ..UK will echo here too,gone,begone with you all   quicker the better