UK minister surprised by Scottish independence referendum move

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But now of course he is a paragon of virtue because he said something you agree with?

actually all i did was to pay a compliment to his choice of headgear,i quite frankly haven,t got a clue what you are on about,how can " love the hat " have any connection to voting on the basis of passport colour,?now calm yourself dear a hot milky drink and an early night will work wonders.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

But 'VoteLeave' promised us a FTA "stretching from Iceland to the borders of Russia" and that doesn't look very likely. (I've quoted the source in a previous post. It's on the Vote leave website). Anyway, Brexiters knew this because you knew what you were voting for. Unfortunately, it seems like you were duped along with the rest of us.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The motion is to examine the possibilities of greater self determination for the islands - this could include independence. The islands might achieve independence from Scotland anyway. Westminster might allow them a referendum on their own, especially if Scotland gets one, who knows? 

If the Orkneys and Shetlands become independent then they would not necessarily Become enclaves within Scottish waters. In fact if they became fully independent (nations) they would not be enclaves at all! All of the best oil and fishing is west of Shetland and the new EEZs for O&S would see Scotland lose much of its maritime bonus in two great chunks overnight! The island groups could then afford direct ferry services to wherever they want to go - probably Stavanger - take care!

Oh go educate yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enclave_and_exclave#:~:text=True enclaves,-Further information%3A List&text=An enclave is a part,the territory of another state.&text=In the case of enclaves,if in a lake) enclaves.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Fantastic. Another chance for me to post a link to Brexiteers saying we would be staying in the single market.

Nice to see you are hanging on to Nigels every word over our PM at the time David Cameron, desperate or what? All future decisions will be made on the program Question Time from now on.????????????

Edited by vogie
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, vogie said:

Nice to see you are hanging on to Nigels evey word over our PM at the time David Cameron, desperate or what? All future decisions will be made on the program Question Time from now on.????????????

But Camerons words were dismissed as project fear and vote leaves claims we would be staying in the single market were true weren't they. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I was lucky and got mine years ago but even if I use your Wikidef, the two critical words are entirely surrounded, which these island groups are not. Take a look at the map and you might see what I mean.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I was lucky and got mine years ago but even if I use your Wikidef, the two critical words are entirely surrounded, which these island groups are not. Take a look at the map and you might see what I mean.

Its international maritime law.

Now I know you Brexiteers have no issues with breaking international agreements but most countries do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Absolute nonsense.

The reason we are going over a cliff edge Brexit is because there was a right wing coup in the Conservative party led by the ERG and 1922 committee.

These fanaticle Brexiteer fundamentalists purged the party and then you guys voted them into power. 

So YOU voted for Brexit then YOU voted for the right wing nutjobs to enact it. 

am comfortable that you're British and not European

blaming voters for lousy deals! bah farang

blame your nutty parliament, those are the ones who cannot do a proper job

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

am comfortable that you're British and not European

blaming voters for lousy deals! bah farang

blame your nutty parliament, those are the ones who cannot do a proper job

Did you know melvin that Udal law based on Norse legal system normally holds sway over Scots law in the Shetlands and the Orkneys, points to ponder.????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Did you know melvin that Udal law based on Norse legal system normally holds sway over Scots law in the Shetlands and the Orkneys, points to ponder.????

interesting, no was not aware of that,

we still have a variant of that in Norway, nowadays also women can benefit from it (ie inherit)

was a bit surprised aout how it was presented,

the explanatory text  claimed that it resulted in extreme fragmentation of land

in my memory this piece of the rule book is upheld mainly in order to avoid fragmentation of farming land

ie securing carrots for the future

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

If you are unable to acknowledge that peoples perspective can change in a heartbeat with a single sentence, it would explain a lot.

I didn't say that - I said "most folk" - and I'll keep that opinion, thanks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

You should be able to milk this for another 10 pages RR ????

UK leads thousands of NATO troops in major exercise off Scottish coast

North west coast?

They better stay out at sea and no actually land.

Those West highland midges are not to be trifled with. Even NATO doesn't have the firepower to take those little swines on.  

• Haha 1