UK minister surprised by Scottish independence referendum move

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Great then let Scotland leave. Make a hard border kill business. Xenophobes around the world worry too much. 

We gave them a referendum and they voted to Remain. Why should we abandon Democracy to pander to a vocal minority?

On 10/7/2020 at 12:47 PM, transam said:

Says a Dutchman.......????

I am a Dutchman, better that then a Brit like you. (and i mean like you not Brits in general). 

You have so lil to say, you don't even go for the arguments but go for an ad hominem. 

Why would a Dutchman have no valid opinion on an situation. Maybe you should not talk about other cars then you own or have owned. Kinda follows the same stupid rules you just laid down.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am a Dutchman, better that then a Brit like you. (and i mean like you not Brits in general). 

You have so lil to say, you don't even go for the arguments but go for an ad hominem. 

Why would a Dutchman have no valid opinion on an situation. Maybe you should not talk about other cars then you own or have owned. Kinda follows the same stupid rules you just laid down.

????..Calm down, calm down.....Chap.

I have read a lot of your stuff and it is clear you are ant-British/English, hence my, "Says a Dutchman"....Of course you can comment, but expect replies...:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Because thing changed, but that is so hard to get your head around. If you can't see that things are totally different then before you are a bit blind.

Had you remained things would have been the same as during the vote. Now they feel things changed too much.

I really hope they get their vote just like you guys had their vote. I don't care if they leave or not but let them have a say about it. You guys should accept that you leaving influences other things too. You can't have it all your way. 

Things always change. COVID changed things massively but we're not having general elections every 5 minutes. You vote, you accept the result. That's how it works.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You mean like Northern Ireland.

Not really like Northern Ireland, no.

You might want to do some historical research if you think the 2 situations are the same.

I can recommend some literature if you like.

image.png.d29f46cd330f62a8ffacd17e3fb90f82.png

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not really like Northern Ireland, no.

You might want to do some historical research if you think the 2 situations are the same.

I can recommend some literature if you like.

image.png.d29f46cd330f62a8ffacd17e3fb90f82.png

Good distraction, but ignores your statement.

"There would have to be a hard border to protect the EU's precious single market."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Good distraction, but ignores your statement.

"There would have to be a hard border to protect the EU's precious single market."

Yes, if Scotland left the UK and joined the EU then the EU would insist on it.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

????..Calm down, calm down.....Chap.

I have read a lot of your stuff and it is clear you are ant-British/English, hence my, "Says a Dutchman"....Of course you can comment, but expect replies...:thumbsup:

No chap you can't even argument a post, just put an ad hominem down. Shows a clear lack of intelligence. 

I am not anti English, I am anti the leaver guys with their strange arguments wanting the freedom to leave but denying the Scots the same.

Could you in your own words (hard for you iknow) tell me why after a huge change in current situation, compared to their first vote they cannot have their choice too.

Why the you guys could and they can't ?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Where did I say it would be an issue? There would be a bit of additional paperwork and some tariffs for goods, and passport control for people - and that's about it.

If you're expecting me to stoop to the levels that Remainers did with their Project Fear nonsense then you're sadly mistaken. I have no interest in telling lies to try and prevent Scotland leaving. 

Dream on. Johnson is going to capitulate and just give you Mays deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

No chap you can't even argument a post, just put an ad hominem down. Shows a clear lack of intelligence. 

I am not anti English, I am anti the leaver guys with their strange arguments wanting the freedom to leave but denying the Scots the same.

Could you in your own words (hard for you iknow) tell me why after a huge change in current situation, compared to their first vote they cannot have their choice too.

Why the you guys could and they can't ?

Not to you, no....I will be accused of being a non-intelligent drunken Brit....????

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

We voted on both.

The UK voted to leave and Scotland voted to Remain. That is what has been implemented. You shouldn't listen to the hardcore Scottish nationalists on here too much. They are a fundamentalist, vocal minority.

Wow. ????????????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

Correct, a blanket quote...Drunken Brits..

Correct, you told us you smoke dope..

I have never referred to any nationality as drunks.

I have never called you unintelligent either, but you keep posting that stuff..

On topic..

The SNP is is making a complete cock up of running Scotland and blaming it on the Union, which is complete nonsense, even the SNP "corvid" MP will not stand down, just shows you how irresponsible that lot are...????

Yea I have smoked pot and you have drunk the harddrug alcohol. The worst drug (effects wise of the two).

I don't think all Brits are drunks just think they are far more hard drinking then the people i know. Most Brits I have known have a hard time not drinking. Havent seen that with other nationalities. Then again my sample size might not be so big. Not saying they are drunks just seem to think alcohol is really important. (maybe because of your pub culture)

Anyway you still did not reply to the question why after such a major shirt (breaking from the EU) cant the Scots vote for freedom. The first time they voted they did not know they would be cut of from the EU. So something major changed. Only fair to have them have their say too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea I have smoked pot and you have drunk the harddrug alcohol. The worst drug (effects wise of the two).

I don't think all Brits are drunks just think they are far more hard drinking then the people i know. Most Brits I have known have a hard time not drinking. Havent seen that with other nationalities. Then again my sample size might not be so big. Not saying they are drunks just seem to think alcohol is really important. (maybe because of your pub culture)

Anyway you still did not reply to the question why after such a major shirt (breaking from the EU) cant the Scots vote for freedom. The first time they voted they did not know they would be cut of from the EU. So something major changed. Only fair to have them have their say too.

Do you not understand that not so long ago Scotland had the vote on the issue which was remain.

The Union between England and Scotland came about when Scottish King James VI also became the King James I of England. Scotland formed the Union.

It was ratified later by English and Scottish GOVERNMENTS. 

Now the SNP radicals want to squash a great partnership for their own reasons, they are trying again in short order when they have made a complete cock up of governing Scotland. Shield beaters...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you not understand that not so long ago Scotland had the vote on the issue which was remain.

The Union between England and Scotland came about when Scottish King James VI also became the King James I of England. Scotland formed the Union.

It was ratified later by English and Scottish GOVERNMENTS. 

Now the SNP radicals want to squash a great partnership for their own reasons, they are trying again in short order when they have made a complete cock up of governing Scotland. Shield beaters...

Wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Correct, a blanket quote...Drunken Brits..

Correct, you told us you smoke dope..

I have never referred to any nationality as drunks.

I have never called you unintelligent either, but you keep posting that stuff..

On topic..

The SNP is is making a complete cock up of running Scotland and blaming it on the Union, which is complete nonsense, even the SNP "corvid" MP will not stand down, just shows you how irresponsible that lot are...????

The SNP appear to be very popular even though they are getting everything wrong eh? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_Scottish_Parliament_election

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

This is where you are going wrong Trans.

Listening to Rees Mogg will never furnish you with the information you need. 

Every night I watch vids (in English) on many subjects, Sturgeons efforts are incredibly unconvincing, but good fun....????......Blackford gets trounced every time he opens his mouth, but good fun...

Has the SNP Corvid MP resigned yet, or is she still hanging on for her pay packet...?

On 9/3/2020 at 10:16 AM, herfiehandbag said:

It won't be a modern fully functional society, it will be a cross between Brigadoon, Braveheart and Culloden!

OK, the sweaties surprisingly won the first leg at Bannockburn, but the English saw the match out as winners at Culloden.  It took 431 years of extra time, and now Ms Krankie wants a replay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Wish I was him, it would have meant i would have amounted to much more then I have. But did you have any other constructive remarks ?

No. Not if you're not as important as I thought. 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Wish I was him, it would have meant i would have amounted to much more then I have. But did you have any other constructive remarks ?

Always. But I'll have to go to the back of the queue.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Every night I watch vids (in English) on many subjects, Sturgeons efforts are incredibly unconvincing, but good fun....????......Blackford gets trounced every time he opens his mouth, but good fun...

Has the SNP Corvid MP resigned yet, or is she still hanging on for her pay packet...?

Still hanging on sadly.

What about Cummins?

• Like 1