Thai insurance companies offering Covid-19 coverage as foreign tourists prepare to return

webfact

Unfortunately, I totally agree.  But more importantly, why does Thailand seem to want to decimate its own people by doing what they are doing.  They (the government) are causing Thai people to starve to death and enter in to poverty because of the absence of tourists who undoubtedly make up the majority of income for this country.  Very sad.

1 minute ago, Gary Maneval said:

Unfortunately, I totally agree.  But more importantly, why does Thailand seem to want to decimate its own people by doing what they are doing.  They (the government) are causing Thai people to starve to death and enter in to poverty because of the absence of tourists who undoubtedly make up the majority of income for this country.  Very sad.

Agree 100% Bangkok according to independent statistics is the most visited city in the world, there must be thousands of jobs being lost currently due to  the Thai Government failing to manage Covid,they can’t keep the country locked down forever, a vaccine is a long way of. 
Lockdowns don’t work either they don’t eradicate Covid they lessen it but when the lockdowns are relaxed the numbers just go up again.

I see no win win situation here.  As a expat who owns a home in Thailand, married to a Thai for 53 plus years, we lost over $5000 this year just getting out of Thailand and now with their stipulations to come back, we just refuse to put up with that kind of requirements.  I being a retired military have health insurance for LIFE.  I being retired have Medicare insurance for the rest of my life.  Why would I pay the extravagant health insurance premiums the Thai's want when I already have more insurance than I will ever need.  Why would we go to the expense of paying for quarantine when we have our own home in Thailand and would be more than happy to quarantine in our own home.  This is all terrible and does nothing but put the Thai people in jeopardy of their livelihood and life.  So sad.