Thai insurance companies offering Covid-19 coverage as foreign tourists prepare to return

webfact

Wow   how will they stop the rush   to Thailand    hahahahahaha!!!!!!

I can get  cover  travel insurance  from RACQ  AU   for  4 million  $  AU   for  AU  $245  and I am over  70  (for  4 weeks ) 

Unlimited   per  year   $900  

What  idiots  would pay for  Thai insurance  which is a  scam  and  kick back  for  Gov 

What  tourist  is Thailand talking about   

No flight s will be  running for  long time from Aust   anyway  ( Maybe  China  )

Good  luck  Thailand 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Covid insurance approved for foreign tourists from high-risk countries

By The Nation

800_a37d210c38646ee.jpg?v=1599120011

The Thai insurance regulator has approved Covid-19 coverage for foreigners entering Thailand, including those from high-risk countries.

The policies will be sold online and become valid as soon as the traveller passes through Immigration in Thailand.

So - if the testing is carried out before the traveler is officially stamped into the country, the insurance is invalidated if he is found to be positive?

A fabulous sales pitch from the company that brought you TM33 and TM47 and many more clever and original ideas.

Edited by robsamui
editing
  • Like 2

1.  If this “scheme” is directed at Tourists(60 to 90 days) then why are the premiums listed on an annual basis?  Why would anyone who is a “tourist” only buy an annual policy just for Thailand?

2.  In my case I would have to purchase a Health Insurance Policy  that is Non Immigrant  OA and COVID 19 compliant and Pacific Cross quoted me 61,000 per year.  After looking at it this sounds reasonable.  Now the only thing I am waiting is for the OK for Non Imm OA to leave and subsequently return?  

I think it is time go back to the drawing board and think of polices that would be attractive to short term tourists in Thailand.  

• Like 1

So typic????al of anything to do with Thai, always 2,3,4,,, type of standard nothing really has changed except it is a big rip off top that off with the same restrictions.  I wonder with the prices then wonder why if you want to buy regular medical insurance it cost a arm and a leg especially if you are over 60 yet even for high rise country the premium for a year is much lower?  then the fine print pre-existing?

Don't worry a vaccine is here and coming CDC announced although political by Nov 1st, nevertheless it is coming!

So only covers covid 19 and or death from covid 19  . it states on the policy LIFE Insurance seems strange as it should be life assurance . Also i cannot see any age limit ?. i take it any age is ok . no health question either .  

Basically its thai companies selling. 

For around 4 months already. 

Thai government says at least 100k USD covid19 insurance. 

Thai companies sell.

Thai hotels are used for quarantine. 

Must has associations with a thai hospital. 

Looks like a pattern here?

So does this policy cover covid only? Or health insurance including covid?

it sounds like covid only which makes premiums a bit of a rip off. Chances of being positive is very small and since one needs all clear certificate prior to departure , being positive on arrival is even less likely 

4 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Basically its thai companies selling. 

For around 4 months already. 

Thai government says at least 100k USD covid19 insurance. 

Thai companies sell.

Thai hotels are used for quarantine. 

Must has associations with a thai hospital. 

Looks like a pattern here?

In Thailand using Thai companies . Something smells fishy????

• Like 1

I'm not expecting to get back before Jan/Feb/March next year, at the earliest.

As a snowbird, with "connections", I feel "bound" to go back.

If I was an ordinary tourist, without the connections, with all this c***, I wouldn't bother.

Why would anyone?

Do they ever ask themselves that?

Waiting to see how the "pain" is getting to them after a few more months.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

Nice concept.  

However, health care insurance will be way more as that policy covers just COVID.  

The real problem isn't getting in, it's getting in, quarantining and then returning home (if you can) then re-quarantining again.  That's a month sitting alone, LOL.  

Not for me.  

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

glad I got the 499 baht full coverage 5 mths ago. 

That was for Thai people and foreigners that didn't leave Thailand for a few months. Not for those who want to enter now.

It was 450 baht for 500,000 baht and 850 baht for 1 million baht coverage if I remember correctly. Covers only Covid related treatment.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

From your bank? Please check your policy limits - most of these cheap policies DO NOT cover up to 100000 US DOLLARS, which is the required amount. 

I got that policy too.  50000b if you are diagnosed, and 500000 if you are in a coma.   Still plenty of out of pocket expenses, but slightly offset for a relatively small price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

The whole issue of Tourists returning to Thailand is hung up on just 2 things.

1.  A government that has little or no idea on how to manage a return of Tourists based on " damage limitation ".

and 2.   Money

A willingness from the Thai Authorities to shaft as much money as possible from any potential Tourist

Eg Fit to fly cert, medical check up, Insurance cover, ASQ 2 week Quarantine Etc ETc

These people in Authority do not realise that the who World is now savvy to their scams and lies, and will avoid Thailand for other more welcoming destinations. And there are many that appreciate Tourists and their money more than Thailand.

In the days before this present government, the tourist scams were only run by ordinary people - local con-men and crims - and savvy travelers were wise to them. Back then, the government's attitude towards tourists was low-key, and even though it was not exactly welcoming, it wasn't oppressive either. People enjoyed visiting and exploring Thailand, and looked forward to it

But that's all changed, and it's a measure of just how lacking in collective intelligence this current administration is, that they are just to wrapped up in their own self importance to realise that even a child can see their greed, lack of concern - and now complete desperation.

Which is clearly evidenced in their current Covid tourist regulations:

• Insurance sold by Thai companies.
  • Cover for US$100,000
  • Insurance invalidated if there's positive test result after getting off the plane but before being stamped into Thailand
  • Treatments must be in a named Thai hospital
  • Luxury 5-star Thai hotels used for quarantine, at unacceptably high cost
  • No alternative choice of quarantine accommodation
  • Must stay in Thailand for at least 30 days.

Plus, on top of that, not one person in the Gov think tank has realised that no foreigners now have the money to take unrealistically long holidays in a nation which is now obviously out to screw them for every penny it can. 

Amazing Thailand really does it this time.

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Thai Visa - Can we have some consistency please. On the same page as this article is one from Gen Prayut. Tourists NOT welcome.

There appears to be routine inconsistency between ministry talking-heads, uniformed and bemedaled grand poobahs and the never ending supply of medical experts. I read, ignore and move on.

As usual and typically Thai...the prices are jacked to fleece the "farang". Can get cheaper (and probably better) policies from non-Thai sources...which I would rather any day give my money to non-Thai, even if it was same price or slightly more. :vampire: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

As usual and typically Thai...the prices are jacked to fleece the "farang". Can get cheaper (and probably better) policies from non-Thai sources...which I would rather any day give my money to non-Thai, even if it was same price or slightly more. :vampire: 

You're one of these farang who say Thailand should extend stay of until forever because of unmeasurable contributions to Thai economy?

• Haha 1