Govt looking into visa extension for stranded foreigners

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

There are currently 2 million foreigners in Thailand, while the visa of 400,000 will expire this month.

“We believe Thailand is still an attractive destination for foreign investors,”

pure thai intellect at work; to them foreigners = investors and foreigners = tourists

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 4:56 AM, Markphuket said:

To me this looks like your visa has

been accepted and got the correct 60

days on arrival for a METV, where is

the part saying it been turned into a

single entry visa!

On 10/13/2019 at 11:05 AM, RAZZELL said:

Well, tell me how non-EU citizens or Thais could visit the UK for many months a year? Impossible.

RAZZ

On 7/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, Eindhoven said:

Questa vecchia castagna di nuovo? Conosco alcune persone che non riescono ad arrivare dove devono essere. Non si tratta solo di lasciare la Thailandia e di finire da nessuna parte.

Good news!!!! 

• Confused 1

He also thanked JFCCT on providing advice and promoting trade and investment in Thailand, as well as helping the government come up with measures to boost the economy. Kang said he wants Thailand to extend the visa for foreigners who are unable to leave Thailand due to Covid-19 restrictions. 

Stanley Kang as chairman of the Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand (JFCCT) is one of the few advocates for foreigners and knows how to push the right buttons in gov't. Late last year he advocated removal of groups from the draconian TM30 reporting for foreigners.

• Thanks 1

Having spent 2 hours trying to get a person back to Sydney I realize thet he is going to be grazing here for a while.

Going North to Rurope is possible now, but going South still not on the cards.

The Australian Embassy with their update yesterday basically admitted that their nationals are not going home any day soon.

Singapore Airlines is advertising flights to Sydney from Singers on 11, 13 & 18 September but you try & book one

12 minutes ago, natway09 said:

<snip>

Singapore Airlines is advertising flights to Sydney from Singers on 11, 13 & 18 September but you try & book one

Sadly, many airlines seem to be doing that at present - offering flights without being certain that they can "fulfill the contract".

Sharp practice?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VBF said:

Sadly, many airlines seem to be doing that at present - offering flights without being certain that they can "fulfill the contract".

Sharp practice?

In the case of Singapore Airlines I wouldn't worry. Each my 4 or 5 cancelled flights were refunded within days of the cancellation, despite the official period for refunds being 4-6 weeks. Paid down to the last Baht, no deduction. If I looked better they could use me in an ad campaign, I love SQ.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ganesh108 said:

In the case of Singapore Airlines I wouldn't worry. Each my 4 or 5 cancelled flights were refunded within days of the cancellation, despite the official period for refunds being 4-6 weeks. Paid down to the last Baht, no deduction. If I looked better they could use me in an ad campaign, I love SQ.

Which is good of course but still begs the question, "why issue tickets until they are certain that they will be able to honour them?"

We all know that Thailand is effectively closed to regular passengers, and I understand so is Australia, (?) so why bother selling tickets that they know won't be usable?

Seems to me that even if it isn't sharp practice, and from your example SQ appear to be acting honourably, all they're achieving is creating more work (and expense) for them and more work and false hopes for their customers.  Perhaps i'm missing something here?

4 hours ago, VBF said:

Which is good of course but still begs the question, "why issue tickets until they are certain that they will be able to honour them?"

We all know that Thailand is effectively closed to regular passengers, and I understand so is Australia, (?) so why bother selling tickets that they know won't be usable?

Seems to me that even if it isn't sharp practice, and from your example SQ appear to be acting honourably, all they're achieving is creating more work (and expense) for them and more work and false hopes for their customers.  Perhaps i'm missing something here?

Maybe they fly into Oz to get Singaporean expats out? There are quite a few. I'm not following the Australian situation much, so I don't know if they would in fact be able to leave.

Edited by Ganesh108
orrection
  • Like 1