Trump encourages supporters to try to vote twice, sparking uproar

webfact

On 9/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, heybruce said:

"If you show up at the poll to vote and the scan shows you have voted, then your ballot is marked 'provisional' and will not be counted until all absentee, mail-in and regular votes are tallied."

Of course if Trump can get enough of his supporters to illegally vote twice and flood the system in swing states with provisional ballots that delay the final count, it gives him more time to claim fraud and challenge election results.  Another Trump trick to make this election the most corrupt in history.

Here is what Snopes has to say about the matter. I would argue it is more in line with what I have stated than the snippet you provided.

What's True

Trump told people that if they vote by mail, they should also go to polling places to check whether their mailed-in ballot had been tabulated (advice that election officials do not agree with), and if it hadn't: Vote in person.

What's False

Although Trump's advice would functionally result in some people attempting to cast two ballots, the stated goal was to ensure people's ballots get counted, not to elicit double voting.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-vote-twice-north-carolina/

Edited by MajarTheLion

4 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

I did not see this reply. Thanks for posting a link to it.  I firmly reject your personal attack of "trolling" and am happy to debate any issue that arises. Also, I'm not sure what your comment about "legitimate news sources" is supposed to mean. I read anything from CNN to Politico to The Hill to Fox News to whatever else comes my way. I believe the best way to stay informed is to read a variety of news sources and apply some logic and common sense. Thus, I contend your snipe about "legitimate news sources" is wholly without any merit whatsoever.

The Postal Service is looking for yet another bailout in the amount of billions of dollars. Obviously, any organization that is in such financial dire straights should engage in measures to cut costs. That is what any rational person leading an organization will do. I see no reason why US taxpayers should simply keep throwing money at the Postal Service and the Postal Service be immune from the same cost-cutting measures than virtually all large organizations have to go through from time to time.

Now, specifically to the line about removing sorting machines, there is information missing. Were these machines efficient? Were they old, slow and not economical to run? Without having the answers to these and other questions, it is at best a vague accusation.

Now let's address the comment about DeJoy having never worked at the Postal Service. So what? Senior executives are often brought to corporations they have never worked at before. So what?

I find it difficult to believe that you read a variety of news sources and failed to come across any that did not report on DeJoy's removal of sorting machines and preventing overtime and second delivery trips in order to deliver mail on time.  Doe it not strike you as suspicious that all these mail delaying cost-cutting measures were not initiated until months before the election, and while Trump was ranting against mail-in ballots?

The Postal Service can not be expected to operate like a profitable business while Congress prevents it increasing postage rates, mandates how it accounts for pension costs, and requires it to deliver everywhere, including remote, unprofitable areas.  If the mostly Republican voters in sparsely populated areas want their mail delivered, they better accept bail-outs of the Post Office.

DeJoy not only never worked in the Postal Service, he entered the job with significant financial conflicts of interest and never would have been nominated if he were not a major Republican donor.    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/politics/postal-service-dejoy-conflicts-amazon-trades-xpo-stake/index.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Trump was right. Mailing out postal ballots to everyone on the electoral register is a disaster. The election will have no integrity thanks to the democrats changing the rules at the last minute. Chaos will be the result. More concrete proof comes to light proving Trump 100% correct.

"As many as 1,000 Georgians double-voted in the Peach State’s June 9 primary using absentee ballots, a felony that is punishable by up to a decade in prison, state authorities announced Tuesday.

The revelation comes as President Trump warns of widespread voter fraud ahead of the November election, which he believes could happen through the mass harvesting of mail-in ballots amid the coronavirus pandemic."

https://nypost.com/2020/09/08/georgia-authorities-reveal-1000-people-double-voted-in-primary/

Well known trump is feverishly trying to disrupt election votes. He's going so far to claim if he loses it equates to massive voting fraud thereby setting the stage for further division in US society - guess from his perspective makes sense as a defensive strategy as he lost the majority vote in 2016.  Fail to understand why lawmakers in the US haven't been able to stop trump from making false statements to try and disenfranchise voters', contrary to his Oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Trump was right. Mailing out postal ballots to everyone on the electoral register is a disaster. The election will have no integrity thanks to the democrats changing the rules at the last minute. Chaos will be the result. More concrete proof comes to light proving Trump 100% correct.

"As many as 1,000 Georgians double-voted in the Peach State’s June 9 primary using absentee ballots, a felony that is punishable by up to a decade in prison, state authorities announced Tuesday.

The revelation comes as President Trump warns of widespread voter fraud ahead of the November election, which he believes could happen through the mass harvesting of mail-in ballots amid the coronavirus pandemic."

https://nypost.com/2020/09/08/georgia-authorities-reveal-1000-people-double-voted-in-primary/

A disaster?  Less than 0.1% of voters attempted a double vote, and they were caught.  These are people doing what Trump encouraged the people of North Carolina to do.  They are now facing up to ten years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.  And they didn't influence the outcome of a single election.

This is a good advertisement of why voter fraud is risky and pointless.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2