Address verification

Hi,

I'm in Thailand on a Non imm O visa (foreign spouse) and I'm in need of address verification for my bank back in New Zealand. The 3 options they've given me are a government issued letter (in english), bank statement or utilities bill.

My electricity bill doesn't have my name or my address written on it and because I'm not working in thailand I dont have a bank account.

Best option would be Governement letter but I think that this would be quite difficult to obtain in English.

I am open to signing up to any bank and requesting them send me a statement out to my Thai address if anybody has any first hand experience with this any recommendations would be much appreciated.

If there are any other ways to obtain such a document then I would be interested in hearing. Cheers.

Maybe obtain a certificate of residence and then have it translated to English and certified at the Ministry of foreign affairs.  Bank Statements here are in Thai, at least my KBank and SCB statements that come every month are all in Thai, even my name is in Thai script, but that's probably because the accounts were opened with my Pink Non Immigrant ID card and my yellow house book.

Bank statement requested in branch, they print it off with name and address and sign and stamp it.

The address is in Thai so I went to a lawyer notary public and he notarised the statement and produced a covering letter in english referencing the bank statement and the name and address in english.

Do you have a landline telephone bill in your name and address?

Edited by userabcd

You might be able to do a Statutory Declaration at your Embassy in Bangkok. " I solemnly swear...."  "I am aware that making a false Declaration is a criminal offence" ... You sign it, and the embassy official signs and seals it to show that it was sworn in front of him. I did one once for a Canadian bank.

I have to get similar and need to get it from the Embassy. They would not accept my title deed or Chanote with my name on they need the embassy to verify. I pointed out to them that thr embassy have no idea where i live or who i am so they would simply be trusting my word. Crazy but that is beuarcracy sometimes here. As an aside the 1st appointment the embassy had was 4 weeks later.

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe obtain a certificate of residence and then have it translated to English and certified at the Ministry of foreign affairs.  Bank Statements here are in Thai, at least my KBank and SCB statements that come every month are all in Thai, even my name is in Thai script, but that's probably because the accounts were opened with my Pink Non Immigrant ID card and my yellow house book.

You can chose the language of your bank statements.