Police hunt for man in Birmingham after stabbings leave one dead, seven injured

webfact

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

who cares what his motives were, it will change nothing to the fact that this low life - and I'm beeing polite - is nothing compared to the life he took, and that's a repeated pattern, whatever the motive they'll find

RIP, Jacob Billington - 23

image.jpeg.beb7f19bdf22cd48ca3267709ae64c44.jpeg

Motives do matter, especially if terrorism links. If terrorism is found to be the case then it gives the Secret Service more info to reduce future risk....

PS. The Somali should be tied to a post, and allowed to watch his fate.

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Motive would have been caused by the religion of intolerance and it's hatred of gays, transgenders and women that this misfit followed.

Plod aren't yet confirming (on any news I have seen) this but I am of the same opinion.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I see that the guy was living in council accomodation with 3 other guys ,there had been complaints from the neighbours about noise and loud music ,it was also said that he had ,wait for it "mental health problems"  but then further down it was also said that he was "a normal sort of guy"

Where did you see this?

All the local and national news says is that he lived in a bedsit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

Yes, from Somalia apparently, another fine example of social integration, perhaps his benefits were late being paid.

None of the reports in the local or national news mention where he is from. 

So where did you get your information?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Motive would have been caused by the religion of intolerance and it's hatred of gays, transgenders and women that this misfit followed.

None of the reports in the local or national press mention his religion.

What do you believe his religion to be, and where did you get the information from?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, robblok said:

80% white..

not in Birmingham  and that WAS 2001

Birmingham is even more ethnically diverse than London, the country's capital city. The 2001 census confirmed that 70.4% of the people of Birmingham were white, 19.5% were Asian, 6.1% were Black, 0.5 were Chinese, 2.5% were mixed race, and 0.6 were of another ethnic group.

Edited by bodga

3 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

it was a semi detached house ,picture of the house in Daily Mail(sorry dont read the Guardian) he lived there with 3 other guys hence he lived in a bedsit ,happy ?.

I did not deny it was a semi.

I also said, myself, that he lived in a bed sit.

But you said "I see that the guy was living in council accomodation with 3 other guys ,there had been complaints from the neighbours about noise and loud music ,it was also said that he had ,wait for it "mental health problems"  but then further down it was also said that he was "a normal sort of guy"

So where did the rest of your information come from?

Mine, by the way, comes from the Birmingham Live site of the Birmingham Mail and other local papers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I did not deny it was a semi.

I also said, myself, that he lived in a bed sit.

But you said "I see that the guy was living in council accomodation with 3 other guys ,there had been complaints from the neighbours about noise and loud music ,it was also said that he had ,wait for it "mental health problems"  but then further down it was also said that he was "a normal sort of guy"

So where did the rest of your information come from?

Mine, by the way, comes from the Birmingham Live site of the Birmingham Mail and other local papers.

Everything i printed ,thats everything was in the Daily Mail ,happy now? i dont print falsehoods 

also the 4 men were brought out of the house  by police who were armed.

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bodga said:

“The suspect is described as 5ft 5 in, a male of Somalia descent

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/06/multiple-stabbings-birmingham-city-centre/

Looks like that was the wrong man!

The full quote from the Telegraph being

A security guards’ chatroom sent out a description of the suspect, warning local bar owners to be vigilant.

“The suspect is described as 5ft 5 in, a male of Somalia descent, dark skinned & wearing dark clothing - a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms,” it said.

Officers who were among the first on the scene at Hudson St chased after one man and made an arrest, before colleagues were shown CCTV footage of the stabbing from a local bar and realised they had the wrong man, one witness claimed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

Everything i printed ,thats everything was in the Daily Mail ,happy now? i dont print falsehoods 

In Yesterday's Mail one resident does say

'That house has been privately rented and they've been around for the last six weeks. The locals have had problems with them playing loud music.'

Note privately rented, not council.

All other residents quoted seem to disagree about problems, for example;

Now, his neighbours in the quiet cul-de-sac claim the suspect - who they say lives in a rented semi-detached house with friends - 'was mentally disturbed and possibly a schizophrenic'. Another called him an 'oddball' who spent his days riding the bus.

Of course, all this is conjecture; the truth will, hopefully, become apparent as the investigation and then trial proceed.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, simple1 said:

I read the British newspapers daily, and most pictures of criminals are of non ethnic British people

So you have to do lot of counting

Given the topic: Murder rate by ethnicity

For the three-year period year ending March 2017 to the year ending March 2019, when looking at the principal suspect of a homicide offence – over two-thirds (70%) of suspects convicted of homicide were White, almost one in five (18%) were Black, 9% were Asian and 3% were in the “Other” ethnic category

Very interesting. Two questions:

1. How many percent of the british population are white/black/asian?

2. Are immigrants from muslim countries like Syria, Irak, Lebanon counted as white, black or asian?

24 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Very interesting. Two questions:

1. How many percent of the british population are white/black/asian?

2. Are immigrants from muslim countries like Syria, Irak, Lebanon counted as white, black or asian?

From United Kingdom Demographics Profile 2019

Ethnic groups
white 87.2%, black/African/Caribbean/black British 3%, Asian/Asian British: Indian 2.3%, Asian/Asian British: Pakistani 1.9%, mixed 2%, other 3.7% (2011 est.)
Religions
Christian (includes Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist) 59.5%, Muslim 4.4%, Hindu 1.3%, other 2%, unspecified 7.2%, none 25.7% (2011 est.)

As can be seen, the figures are based upon the 2011 census. The UK census is held every 10 years, so accurate, up to date figures wont be available until after next years one.

In the UK, 'Asian' usually means people from the Indian sub continent. So people from the Middle East, including the countries you mention, come under 'other' in the above figures. Although in the full figures they are listed as 'Arab.'

1 hour ago, simple1 said:
We’d ask people to consider the feelings of the victims’ families when they post messages. They are dealing with an awful ordeal, and will not be helped by speculation, false rumours, and hateful messages.

They are not helped by withholding the attackers name and immediately denying it's a hate crime either. No need for rumour if they come out with the facts, not much chance of that given the circumstances and the attackers ethnicity. Transparency is usually overridden by community cohesion concerns, and using the families to help hide information is helping who exactly?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

7 BY 7 said privatly rented ,not council ,i apologise , he was getting it free from a private landlord was he , ? not from the local council,oh i get it lets split hairs.

Where does the Mail article say he was living rent free, or that his rent was being paid by the council?

It doesn't.

What it actually says is 

'Apparently his family are well to do and had been helping him but he had become estranged from them and was living with friends.

28 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

oh and the 2001 census stated 4.4% of the population are muslims ,wow they dont half cause a lot of trouble for such a minority.

No one is denying that Islamic terrorism and jihadi attacks are a major problem. 

Back in the 1970s and 80s you could substitute 'Irish Republicans' for 'Muslims,' but no one blamed all the Irish for their crimes.

Or did you?

Of course we all know, well most of us, that if it had been a white guy who stabbed 7 Africans and who perhaps had certain ideological beliefs involved, his details would be plastered all over the place. No community cohesion restrictions then he would be labeled a racist and the crime a hate one. Offenders are no longer treated equally in the UK.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1