Top Democrat accuses U.S. attorney general of lying about China election threat

webfact

9 hours ago, riclag said:

adam schiff- lol ! 

"Apparently Bill Barr is ready to do anything or say anything to help Donald Trump."

Thank god for that! Every President should have a wing man to defend them against your conspiracy theories and attempts to slander the POTUS .ie.russian collusion and a failed bipartisan attempt at impeachment

You do understand the AG is the people’s attorney he is absolutely not supposed to be the wing man for any potus............

1 hour ago, Peabody said:

Uhh, the impeachment was successful. Twitler was impeached.

For the record

Yes,  schiff and the house dems impeached Mr. Trump! I never said or denied they didn't! I did say they failed at a bipartisan attempt!

Yes, it was a successful house dem impeachment! 

"Democrats Nancy Pelosi and Jerrold Nadler have said in the past that impeachment must be bipartisan to be credible, and they have achieved their goal—against impeachment. In the actual vote, two Democrats voted against both articles and a third voted with them against one.  All Republicans voted against impeachment.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-impeachment-folly-11576715094

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, riclag said:

For the record

Yes,  schiff and the house dems impeached Mr. Trump! I never said or denied they didn't! I did say they failed at a bipartisan attempt!

Yes, it was a successful house dem impeachment! 

"Democrats Nancy Pelosi and Jerrold Nadler have said in the past that impeachment must be bipartisan to be credible, and they have achieved their goal—against impeachment. In the actual vote, two Democrats voted against both articles and a third voted with them against one.  All Republicans voted against impeachment.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-impeachment-folly-11576715094

Romney voted to impeach on one article.

Barr is most definitely in the Top Ten of DT's enablers.

I expect that presently that he and the regime are busy getting Assange extradited to the  US not to punish him, but to put him to work on the re-election (or should I say "WH retention") effort.

Barr is one of the largest alligators in the DC swamp.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MajarTheLion said:

They will vote and then they are going to have to check their vote by going to the poll and voting that way because if it tabulates then they won’t be able to do that,” Trump said.

So let them send it in, and let them go vote. And if the system is as good as they say it is, then they obviously won’t be able to vote.”

Is it not clear enough? That's his own words, not an interpretation. It was on WETC.

https://www.wect.com/2020/09/02/wects-jon-evans-interview-with-president-trump-he-arrives-ilm/

• Thanks 2

Trump himself used the mail in votes to get elected, so he is just so desperate, that he needs his supporters to vote twice, just to get in as opposition.

Too bad the USA only has the 2 main parties to vote for.  It would be nice if someone would run as an independent party and win the election. The 2 dinosaurs could then retire and fade into history.

Geezer

12 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm....senior Republican leaders don't agree with you.

[House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy is privately encouraging voting by mail and warned President Trump the party could be "screwed" by his fight against mail-in voting.]

[McCarthy is particularly worried about deterring senior citizens.]

[McCarthy said he's spent hours telling Trump that this preoccupation will hurt the president's own re-election, as well as Republicans running for Congress.]

["I tried to show him ... you know who is most afraid of COVID? Seniors. And if they're not going to go vote, period, we're screwed," McCarthy told me.]

https://www.axios.com/republicans-mail-in-voting-trump-a75b7b58-6405-4840-a48f-e26caf72b0fc.html

Senior leaders? In your "scoop" 1 Republican, McCarthy is mentioned.

Assuming it is true, you left out this one:

Between the lines: McCarthy says he agrees with Trump that there's a difference between absentee voting, in which voters request a ballot, and vote-by-mail programs, where jurisdictions automatically send ballots to registered voters.

• McCarthy sees vote by mail as particularly problematic in states that don't have the infrastructure to handle such ballots on a massive scale.

I would say most states fit the category of "don't have the infrastructure to handle such ballots on a massive scale". Probably all. It has never been done before on such a scale. Do you think they will get it right first time?

You'll find out in less than 2 months.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:36 PM, Morch said:

The President refused to commit when asked if he'll accept the results.

The President both sabotaged the Postal Service, and encourage his supporters to vote twice.

The Republicans blocked or tried to block legislation, reports and investigations related to foreign interventions.

LOL. The Democrat Party still hasn't accepted the results of the 2016 election. Hillary was still going on about it at the DNC. She was suggesting that Trump "stole" the election in 2016 due to having 3 million less votes:

Hillary Clinton: Quote:  

Transcribed DNC speech: 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/19/politics/hillary-clinton-speech-transcript/index.html

"Remember: Joe and Kamala can win 3 million more votes and still lose. Take. It. From. Me. We need numbers so overwhelming Trump can't sneak or steal his way to victory. So text VOTE to 30330 and let's go win.

What she didn't grasp was that if the popular vote was the decider, Trump would have campaigned differently and more than likely chinched the popular vote. Trump beat them because he's smarter than them and had a much better team. They are just a bunch of bad losers. Hillary was the probably the dumbest Presidential campaigner on record, until Joe Biden came along, that is.

He hasn't encouraged people to vote twice. He encourages them to make sure their postal vote have been tabulated, and IF NOT, then vote (which would be 1 vote, not 2). That's good advice as a lot of votes will not make it and probably end up in the garbage. It's going to be a disaster.

You're just reciting all the same twisted nonsense we hear from the Democratic Party every day. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, heybruce said:

In the 2016 election:

"The total number of voters who voted early, absentee or by mail more than doubled from 24.9 million in 2004 to 57.2 million in 2016, representing an increase from one in five of all ballots cast to two in five of all ballots cast."   https://www.eac.gov/documents/2017/10/17/eavs-deep-dive-early-absentee-and-mail-voting-data-statutory-overview

The same source shows in the 2016 election 16 states had more than 50% of votes cast by mail or early voting (early voting is essentially mail in voting except the voter personally delivers the ballot to a designated voter drop point).  These 16 states include California, Texas and Florida, the three most populous.

There are some states that don't have experience in large scale mail in voting, but they have months to prepare and lots of advance warning.  They also have lots of experienced states they can go to for advice.

What do you base your supposition that 'most states fit the category of "don't have the infrastructure to handle such ballots on a massive scale". Probably all.'?

What do you base your suppositions on that any states can pull this off? This has never been done before so we are all guessing, aren't we? You can revisit this after November 3, when you find out my guess was better than yours.

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

What do you base your suppositions on that any states can pull this off? This has never been done before so we are all guessing, aren't we? You can revisit this after November 3, when you find out my guess was better than yours.

My supposition is based on the fact that states already have had a large number of mail in ballots in past elections, and have months to plan and prepare for the upcoming election.

Never been done before?  If you read my post, paying attention to the fact that 16 states, including the three most populous, already have experience with more than 50% of votes being mail in or early drop off, clearly this has been done before.  So my assumption that states can pull this off is based on past experience; i.e., reality.

What is your supposition that most states can't handle mail in ballots based on?  What states do you think can't handle it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JensenZ said:

LOL. The Democrat Party still hasn't accepted the results of the 2016 election. Hillary was still going on about it at the DNC. She was suggesting that Trump "stole" the election in 2016 due to having 3 million less votes:

Hillary Clinton: Quote:  

Transcribed DNC speech: 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/19/politics/hillary-clinton-speech-transcript/index.html

"Remember: Joe and Kamala can win 3 million more votes and still lose. Take. It. From. Me. We need numbers so overwhelming Trump can't sneak or steal his way to victory. So text VOTE to 30330 and let's go win.

What she didn't grasp was that if the popular vote was the decider, Trump would have campaigned differently and more than likely chinched the popular vote. Trump beat them because he's smarter than them and had a much better team. They are just a bunch of bad losers. Hillary was the probably the dumbest Presidential campaigner on record, until Joe Biden came along, that is.

He hasn't encouraged people to vote twice. He encourages them to make sure their postal vote have been tabulated, and IF NOT, then vote (which would be 1 vote, not 2). That's good advice as a lot of votes will not make it and probably end up in the garbage. It's going to be a disaster.

You're just reciting all the same twisted nonsense we hear from the Democratic Party every day. 

People in Georgia who did what Trump suggested were caught, and now face up to ten years in prison and a $100,000 fine.  And they didn't influence a single election.   https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/09/08/About-1000-possibly-double-voted-in-Georgia-primary-officials-say/1521599590992/

• Thanks 1

@JensenZ

When it doubt, when cannot actually address points made, just do the but but but Hillary thing. Doesn't matter it got nothing to do with what's replied to, just beat that dead horse till it six feet under.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1