Brexit back in crisis as UK threatens to undercut divorce pact

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Yes. The UK is a poor country compared to most other northern European countries.

Compare economic figures of the UK with Germany, NL etc and you will see yourself.

And you can also see it when you leave the center of London. The center looks nice, but once you leave it you see the desperation, the poverty. 

Fortunately you can dream about a wonderful past when the UK ships ruled the waves and the UK still had some industry ????

Oh, I see, you can't dream about when your country ruling something, thanks for your envious picture.....:clap2:

9 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Yes. The UK is a poor country compared to most other northern European countries.

Compare economic figures of the UK with Germany, NL etc and you will see yourself.

And you can also see it when you leave the center of London. The center looks nice, but once you leave it you see the desperation, the poverty. 

Fortunately you can dream about a wonderful past when the UK ships ruled the waves and the UK still had some industry ????

Still controls 40% of the worlds finance..........  From one square mile !....... Still the largest land owner in the world......  Go figure that one....    Strange how all those so called refugees are all heading to Britain as opposed to Europe...... I wonder why ?  Etc,etc,etc,......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, crobe said:

Vickers-Armstrong, who made the Spitfire became BAC (which made the Tornado) which became Bae, and the engines were from Rolls-Royce - so one of the few occasions where it is not sold off to foreign ownership

The original factory at Woolston has long since gone and been replaced with housing, only a small memorial remains

2020-09-08 13_16_39-Hazel Rd - Google Maps.png

Vickers bought out Supermarines specifically to get hold of Mitchell the designer........   Sadly the big "C" got him....... 42.......  

1 minute ago, dimitriv said:

Controls 40% of the world finance?  It means that they are allowed to look after Russian maffia money?

Just check economic figures like GDP, economic output and compare the UK with other countries in northern Europe. The UK is poor, compared to other countries in Europe. It is a FACT. 

Also look at the figures about refugees. 99% of them don't go to the UK but stay in other countries. They are not heading to the UK. Again another FACT based on numbers.

Better to argue just based on facts and numbers. And not on false statements.

Those who stay in your country can't afford the rubber dinghy ol' chap,????, or the thought of 'camps'....????...................................????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's tortuous divorce from the European Union veered into fresh crisis on Monday after London threatened to undermine the exit agreement unless free trade terms are agreed by next month.

Clearly states there that its the UK not the EU backsliding on an agreement Johnson signed.

Basically saying if we dont get what we want we will renege on what has already been agreed and run the risk of the Northern Ireland agreement also collapsing.

I do not use twitter.  

when I fight bullies I fight dirty , too many on to one , give them what they deserve , loving it 

• Like 1

The origional agreement was a building block on which further agreements of Britain leaving the EU was based, but the EU has made the talks increasingly difficult, in order to keep Britain tied to the block in one way or another.

Britain should just walk away now, and accept it's not going to get a reasonable deal from the EU anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Someone's learned a new expression, haven't they. That's about the third time today you've said Perfidious Albion. Did you google it after seeing it trending on Twitter?

Anyway, if the EU are not going to abide by the terms of the treaty I see no reason why the UK should. The EU has consistently undermined UK sovereignty by demanding a level playing field in which they decide UK laws and regulations, as well as ECJ jurisdiction and free access to fishing waters in return for the trade deal. They have also not acted in good faith by demanding terms for a trade deal that they have never requested before and would never dream of accepting themselves.

Respecting UK sovereignty and acting in good faith were both terms of the agreement. So if the EU wishes to ignore certain parts of it, the UK will also. The EU can cry and squeal as much as they like. If the EU didn't want to fight dirty, they shouldn't have taken their gloves off. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Hopefully the UK will stop the remaining payments of the 30 Billion remaining from the divorce deal as well, until a fair, mutually beneficial trade deal that respects UK sovereignty is agreed. 

until??? we all say <

>

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, transam said:

f5bf670dcf1951ac7c8055736470c438.jpg.7cacf74271ee90169cf9d6d1c72245e9.jpg

could it be that it is tripping up over the ideal that it still has the power of an empire to negotiate with?

I genuinely wish you all the best, but I think Boris and Davis are punching above their weight.

Bring on Jan 1st !

13 minutes ago, paddypower said:

could it be that it is tripping up over the ideal that it still has the power of an empire to negotiate with?

I genuinely wish you all the best, but I think Boris and Davis are punching above their weight.

Bring on Jan 1st !

Well, Winston and Nelson were, but they prevailed...Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I don't trust any country from across the channel....

Though I did learn a lot from Italians from way back when, 1970, their hatred for a certain nationality, and it wasn't mine... :whistling:

2 minutes ago, puck2 said:

Brexit back in crisis as UK threatens to undercut divorce pact

We could trust our late dog by 100% .... but I never would trust the LoB = LIAR of Britain.

Johnson does his best to downgrade GB. Maybe once it will be LE (little England). Time will tell us.

Indeed it will, but your "little England" gives you away......????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Hopefully the UK will stop the remaining payments of the 30 Billion remaining from the divorce deal as well, until a fair, mutually beneficial trade deal that respects UK sovereignty is agreed. 

Stop per 1 Jan 20201 all payments tothe UK: no EU supported and subsidized programs, no pensions, nothing. Even not the rent payments of the London office of the Euro Medicin Agency.

Start any anti-dumping regulations to UK products imported into the EU.

Schengen visa per 1 Jan 2021 for all British, who want to visit the EU. (Ask your Thai neighbour, what it means) .

And stop all trading of OUR MONEY ( €) in the UK. No pensions via the City anymore.

Edited by puipuitom
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The pension grant to the elderly is a recipe for poverty.

I don't blame the U.K. as itself for that, but the  governments (before and now ).

An important nation, which many here are proud of, but strangely accepting that their seniors/veterans receive the lowest benefit in Europe.

Never rode here from Britons that this way of doing is a shame.

Well yeh, we know that, even old folk paying for a TV licence when "Gary" is being paid zillions to do sod all....????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Well yeh, we know that, even old folk paying for a TV licence when "Gary" is being paid zillions to do sod all....????

You mean, you know, it's fine than.

I repeat myself never rode something about this here.

Well some blaming me that as Belgian I receive a " high" pension.

Belgium has not even the highest pensions in Europe, but stand   somewhere in the middle. 

And no this has nothing to do with the E.U..

It's a choice from each government in each country.

I don't know who "Gary" is, I suppose Gary Barlow ( First name appearing when I googled " Gary UK ".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1