1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

If i was buying a merc coupe new model for a Thai girl

the impact on the selling price of the car in few years

should be the last of my concerns

just saying

imo it's a troll topic

a pretty funny one however

Thats you and your budget.

fixated on the merc, and not the actual question.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

You should let it at as tip for them

after all it's small money for you

come on don't be stingy

Jealousy seething through that comment.

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are kidding right?

No, a BMW/Merc starts at 26k a month, many thai's in the middle class take out finance and purchase, its considered middle class, now upper class they drive a higher end merc/bmw/sports car or similar.

of-course the local bar girl class drive a scooby or something similar, but their expectations are much lower.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

tell your lovely lady that she is so special, she gets the only one available worldwide (made in China)

307B0F58-6683-4B61-98C9-073FDE77C3A6.jpeg

It will be rejected, no MG badge...........????

PS. That looks like my re-incarnated 2001 Merc E220.........????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Jealousy seething through that comment.

No, a BMW/Merc starts at 26k a month, many thai's in the middle class take out finance and purchase, its considered middle class, now upper class they drive a higher end merc/bmw/sports car or similar.

of-course the local bar girl class drive a scooby or something similar, but their expectations are much lower.

thank you

You make my day

srly you are totally out of the ''real'' world

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I've never been in the 'real world', the trials and tribulations you guys go through, must be horrible going by the commenting.

Oh and to confirm the finance package available to middle income thai's 

https://www.bmw.co.th/en/topics/price-list.html

Seeing as the lowest income my staff were earning was 17k (cleaner) and highest income (120k) that is affordable.

That IS the real world.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.09.58.png

The latest mercedes price list : https://www.mercedes-benz.co.th/content/dam/thailand/passengercars/Pricelist/Sep2020/PriceList_en_01092020.pdf

"

Average Salary in Bangkok, Thailand

Currently, the average wage in Bangkok is of 25,500 Thai Baht per month, or approximately 800 USD. Bangkok has some of the highest average salaries among ASEAN members capitals.Jun"

https://checkinprice.com/average-minimum-salary-in-bangkok-thailand/#:~:text=Average Salary in Bangkok%2C Thailand&text=Currently%2C the average wage in,salaries among ASEAN members capitals.

Which means the middle class starts around 26k 

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.13.30.png

Edited by Jenkins9039
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Seeing as the lowest income my staff were earning was 17k (cleaner) and highest income (120k) that is affordable.

That IS the real world.

I do the cleaning job at 17k a month but only can do Monday's from 2-3pm.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

That IS the real world.

Oh my.... 

????

You need to put the car in her name at the dealership, with Mercedes you now don’t get a service book. But everything needs to be in her name. The dealer will sort it all out for you.

Nearly  forgot to mention, just make sure you also buy her the extra years warranty, you can go up to year eight now just in case it lasts that long.

And make sure that she knows how to phone the mothership LOL

Edited by JAS21
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

That IS the real world.

35% down payment. Sure. Your employees pay easily 700,000 up downpayment and hand later the car back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

You need to put the car in her name at the dealership, with Mercedes you now don’t get a service book. But everything needs to be in her name. The dealer will sort it all out for you.

I don't think Mercedes give the five year service add-on unless you pay in addition for it (warranty) like BMW, are you referring to this?

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

35% down payment. Sure. Your employees pay easily 700,000 up downpayment and hand later the car back.

What they can and can not afford, is really their business, why the need to continue a pointless discussion, Thai's from middle class or middle income salaries in professional fields, certainly can afford more than the average thai, and from my observation, the average foreigner also.

Edited by Jenkins9039
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AlfHuy said:

they don't own anything.

They pay 35% down payment, finance for 5 years up and owe  another 35-40 balloon payment.

Who said anything about owning, they take finance, that means its owned by the finance company (bank or similar), till concluded, that my dear boy is well known.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Who said anything about owning, they take finance, that means its owned by the finance company (bank or similar), till concluded, that my dear boy is well known.

YOU

See, affordable. 

From merely 19k a Thai can own a BMW.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway. I am not jealous about what car someone is driving.

Me for sure, would not buy an expensive car here. Prices absolutely mental.

Back home, I would now drive the 840d cabriolet.

Here, many people show off their expensive cars, red number plates but live in a 4000 baht room.

The room nobody sees but the car.....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I don't think Mercedes give the five year service add-on unless you pay in addition for it (warranty) like BMW, are you referring to this?

Correct

Yes

The most important thing is that your wife knows how to phone the mothership.... Unless of course you happen to have bought a fake Mercedes...I’m a bit worried the ours might be fake because it is over a year now and it hasn’t broken down yet...

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I am guessing you are relating the cleaning cost ph compared to the old chick that cleans your apartment, or the old girl that visits your small office.

Compared to a professional that is skilled and qualified to work with certain technical systems and the cleaning of such.

lol nope

the chicks that ''visits'' me are in the 20 years old range

and trust me they are very professional, more than skilled and

qualified with the ''cleaning'' but still far from your silly price.

You seem to see old girls everywhere, it's the problem when 

you are married since too long.

14 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Correct

Yes

The most important thing is that your wife knows how to phone the mothership.... Unless of course you happen to have bought a fake Mercedes...I’m a bit worried the ours might be fake because it is over a year now and it hasn’t broken down yet...

Lol, i've only had a sensor go out on the BMW, fixed and serviced at the same time, from that end, i've had no issues, but i have heard a few stories on merc, but i believe they make them locally now (some of the models).

Yes, the after market side is disappointing, with BMW they gave me 50k THB of fuel (that lasted me, the wife, and the mother in law nearly 2yrs). 

Also with BMW they give the 5yr warranty service on everything.

However I don't believe i'd willingly buy another BMW, as 3 months in i wanted to upgrade, and they said they could, with a 1.5m loss in value.

Whereas as i understand mercedes does allow trade-ins for different/newer models.