Buying a suprise new car for the wife

Jenkins9039

22 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Anyway. I am not jealous about what car someone is driving.

Me for sure, would not buy an expensive car here. Prices absolutely mental.

Back home, I would now drive the 840d cabriolet.

Here, many people show off their expensive cars, red number plates but live in a 4000 baht room.

The room nobody sees but the car.....

Yes, seen many foreigners like that, not just Thai's, met one foreigner, if you followed his fb he was living like a king, turned out he, his wife, two kids were living in a one bedroom (inc toilet) room.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Anyway. I am not jealous about what car someone is driving.

Me for sure, would not buy an expensive car here. Prices absolutely mental.

Back home, I would now drive the 840d cabriolet.

Here, many people show off their expensive cars, red number plates but live in a 4000 baht room.

The room nobody sees but the car.....

..............sees but the Click.............????

13 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

You do realise a merc is considered a middle class car in Thailand these days (office management).

I don't even get that attention in my car unless i'm going through the seedy streets of chalong's bar scene, and there its predominately ladyboys anyway ! lol

Sure beats out my old 95 honda dream....I got it all shiny but a car beats the mbike anyday in LOS!

14 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I don't think we've ever bought a lottery ticket, me or her since we've been married.

I am surprised. All the Thai wives I know love the lottery as married women they need some excitement in their lives and winning would provide them with sufficient funds to leave hubby.

OP- I propose you buy ME a merc coupe as a surprise and test out how it all works therefor making your plan a greater success. I'm perfectly willing to endure any hardship, publicity, discomfort, etc. your buying me the coupe may or may not cause in my sincere effort to help you accomplish your goal in surprising the wife. :wai:

In honesty, I am not aware of the specifics. If you drive up in your BMW and outline to the Sales Manager what you want to achieve, I am sure they will figure out a way to make it happen. From what I have heard, Mercedes dealerships can be very accommodating to their (potential) customers. Perhaps make sure you talk to someone senior, and who is comfortable conversing in English.

3 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Buying a car for any biatch is okay, but put it in her name, NEVER !

OH NO... so I’ve done the wrong thing twice...actually three times if you count when we lived in the UK - woops

Edited by JAS21

On 9/8/2020 at 11:26 AM, Jenkins9039 said:

Have you seen how un-smooth the roads are? or the potholes? Ferraris, need pristine road conditions, unless every journey you wish to be doing a claim against the insurance for the front and wheels.

A lot of Ferarri owners in Thailand would disagree with that generalism.  Ferarris do not "need pristine road conditions" anymore than many other cars do, they're all designed for road use and they all move about on those wheels that you seem to think is such a big problem.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 1

On 9/8/2020 at 6:59 AM, malt25 said:

Does the BMW & Merc coup inclusion have any relevance to your question ? 

Only if you think it does.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:25 AM, PatOngo said:

Come on Jenkins! She'd look much hotter in a Ferrari!

Yeah... but make sure it's a genuine Ferrari in their official green.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:22 AM, Jenkins9039 said:

Trying to avoid that, as it gets beyond a joke.

Yes, but it's not about YOU it's about the Mrs, isn't it? She'll lap up all that faux adulation, clapping and fawning as well as the balloons. Go on, make HER day.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, Jenkins9039 said:

I don't think we've ever bought a lottery ticket, me or her since we've been married.

Living the dream, eh?

Edited by NanLaew