Video: Shoppers run in panic as motorcycle taxi riders start shooting outside store

webfact

Video: Shoppers run in panic as motorcycle taxi riders start shooting outside store

6pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Daily Newws

A brief video showed the moment when alarmed shoppers at a new store in Samut Prakan ran for their lives on hearing shots outside.

The shooting was during a disagreement over passengers between two motorcycle taxi guys, said deputy national police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen. 

Bang Kaew police were hunting those responsible following the incident around 6 pm yesterday at the store behind the temple of Wat Nam Daeng. 

No death or injuries were reported. 

The footage was quickly posted on a local Facebook site following the incident. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-09

One Samut Prakan shooter surrenders as police wait for other to show up

By THE NATION

800_52f6caf030ef671.jpg?v=1599634216

Police were alerted of a public shootout on Tuesday (September 8 ) outside a department store in Samut Prakan’s Bang Phli district, but the gunmen had disappeared by the time officers arrived.

All they found at the scene were eight bullet casings and bullet holes in a parked car. No deaths or injuries were reported.

On Wednesday morning, Somjet Pojaroen, 55, turned himself in along with a .22 revolver that he said was used in Tuesday’s shooting.

Somjet said he used to work as an assistant village headman and now runs a motorcycle taxi business from outside the department store.

He reportedly told police that the other shooter was Prayoon Hong-um, 47, who runs a motorbike taxi business in another area.

2.JPG

“One of Prayoon’s motorbike taxis was picking up a passenger in my area, so I stopped him and sent him away,” he said. “A few minutes later, Prayoon showed up with some 20 men and demanded an explanation. I saw he was armed with a gun, so I rushed to grab my gun from my backpack, when his group chased and fired at me. I had no choice but to fire back.”

Somjet added that the two sides traded several shots, until Prayoon’s group left the scene possibly because they were out of ammunition.

“I decided to turn myself in to show that I was defending myself and have no intention to escape,” he said.

As of press time, police had still not heard from Prayoon and were getting ready to seek an arrest warrant for him if he does not turn himself in.

Somjet, meanwhile, faces charges of possessing a gun without a licence and discharging firearms in public without a proper reason.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394246

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-09

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

All they found at the scene were eight bullet casings and bullet holes in a parked car

Dodge Colt or Magnum .?

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

I saw he was armed with a gun, so I rushed to grab my gun from my backpack,

I usually keep sarnies and a foldaway Mac in mine .. 

41 minutes ago, webfact said:

when his group chased and fired at me. I had no choice but to fire back.”

Somjet added that the two sides traded several shots, until Prayoon’s group left the scene possibly because they were out of ammunition.

Great stuff .. they could do a TV series on these wars .. Blown away in Bangkok or something like that ..  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Dodge Colt or Magnum .?

Great stuff .. they could do a TV series on these wars .. Blown away in Bangkok or something like that ..  

Or a song, Gun fight in Bangkok.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Somjet, meanwhile, faces charges of possessing a gun without a licence and discharging firearms in public without a proper reason.

To save your life is a pretty good reason, maybe, perhaps, could be.  Weasel words when on a Thai Forum are often a good idea.

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I suppose going out to arrest him was out of the question? Just another incident in the lunatic asylum. Shooting guns in a public place obviously isn't worth the effort of getting off of their backsides.

Oh come on, it's hot out there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

One of Prayoon’s motorbike taxis was picking up a passenger in my area, so I stopped him and sent him away,”

yeah they really think they have the right to control EVERYTHING, Thai  business practices,  a total  cartel controlled by gun power, forget ANY free  market in Thailand, dis  our patch.

• Like 1

One of Prayoon’s motorbike taxis was picking up a passenger in my area, so I stopped him and sent him away,” he said.

*His* area, is it though ?? Thought the car park was private property, it is so bizarre how this works, if he brings a passenger from a different area, he can not take a return fare without the risk of being shot, i would write undeliverable, but i remembered where i am .

• Like 2

Police were alerted of a public shootout on Tuesday

As of press time, police had still not heard from Prayoon and were getting ready to seek an arrest warrant for him if he does not turn himself in.

amazing!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 6:11 PM, Justgrazing said:

Dodge Colt or Magnum .?

Yes but "Blown away in bkk" could have the general veiwing type and the R rated version filmed in Nana or Cowboy.

Both, i suppose, involve firing off live rounds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1