China Embassy no reply

I have sent 2 emails to China Embassy at different period to request for the embassy letter for 30 days extension for tourist. But totally no feedback, do you guys think I can still go to immigration try to apply for the extension of staying without embassy letter?  Thank you! 

Edited by Lee20

If you have never applied for the normal 30-day extension of your tourist entry, it is worth trying for this at Immigration. You might get it. If you have already used your regular 30-day extension, I think it is highly unlikely that you would get the special extension without an embassy letter.

• Thanks 1

you might contact the china visa application service center for info.

not saying they can provide the letter, but they're usually good at responding to emails.

Location:5th Floor,1550 Thanapoom Tower,New Phetchaburi Road, Makkasan,Bangkok, 10400

Call:66-22075888    
Email:[email protected]

https://bio.visaforchina.org/BKK2_EN/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

you might contact the china visa application service center for info.

not saying they can provide the letter, but they're usually good at responding to emails.

Location:5th Floor,1550 Thanapoom Tower,New Phetchaburi Road, Makkasan,Bangkok, 10400

Call:66-22075888    
Email:[email protected]

https://bio.visaforchina.org/BKK2_EN/

They can't do anything for him. That center only takes applications from foreigners. If he is a Chinese national he needs to contact his consular department at the embassy, call or visit them if they don't reply to emails.

Hard to say if they'll issue any letters and I don't want to speculate. There are repatriation flights scheduled back to China though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply!  I am from Hong Kong hold Hong Kong SAR passport.  I entered Bangkok from Malaysia in early March.  And apply for 30 days extension with embassy letter but under consideration by immigration by the time.  And later on thai government announced tourist amnesty and I stay in Thailand until now.  Don't know I still entitled to apply the normal 30 days extension or not.  

Thanks again! 

I have went to China Embassy this morning, they even don't let people go to their office.  The security staff ask a Chinese man to talk with us.  The man said right now China Embassy no more extension letter issuance.  But I still have make booking at mtt tomorrow afternoon to try to extend without embassy letter. 

4 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

HK citizens have to go through the Chinese Embassy ??

In which country is HK ? - there’s your answer. 

It would seem the Chinese Embassy is not being very helpful with their ‘off cuff response’ of no extension letters - seems harsh.

I think the OP is making the right choice to try and go it alone and obtain and extension.

Ultimately, he may need to secure a Plan B flight back to HK before 26th Sept. 

• Thanks 1

If it is imperative to stay, you will likely need to use an agent, and pay for whatever extension they can arrange. If you would like to stay, but can tolerate a return to Hong Kong, the best move is almost certainly to leave. Once using agents, the costs are going to mount up over time.