Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thailand to Finalize Entry Plan for Foreign Visitors by October

webfact

16 minutes ago, RedReding said:

Honestly think they will have to give priority to people who have a house lease and let them do the 14 days quarantine at their home. No one will ever accept to pay for a 14 days quarantine in a hotel when they already have a rent to be paid or are the owner of a house/condo in the country. Makes zero sense.

As for tourists, no one will ever waste their time in a hotel for 2 weeks not being able to go out. Simple as that.

sure, but this government are so stupid that they will never want to understand.

In fact, they spoke to quick and don't want to loose face every day, so there is a long long list of stupidity they already said.

If they remove one by month it can be very long.

They are the first to break Thailand, it is a big shame.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Forget it at the 14 day quarantine stage with a myriad of boltons no one will come unless you pay for it end of story ????

I don't agree. Many long term visa holders want to return.. Many, sms...i want to leave knowing they can return, particularly property owners, and family men. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand to Finalize Entry Plan for Foreign Visitors by October

another week, another plot, another angle and every time the same BS, they are running out of ideas... who the heck would be willing to come and subject themselves to a forced 14 day quarantine, only on their Thai dreams

• Like 2

If they offer a special tourist visa that allows a longer stay than the current one, there will be some takers despite the quarantine requirement.

The big question is how they will manage to have enough flights in and out to accommodate them, considering that they are few and far between.

Also, their expectations with regards to numbers will probably be delusional once again. As I said, there will be takers, but not millions of them.

Thailand has been isolated indefinitely - few non-Thais from the outside world are about to be let in until covid-19 is old news globally.

Presumably Thais are still allowed to come and go at will as the re-entry rules seem to be easier for them.

Where is the update to the "new normal" ministers?

The rules need to be relaxed for long stay visitors - 6 months or more.

It is time for the Thai Gov to test the intended travelers at the port of departure & again at entry with the newer faster more reliable test kits - from where ever - and do away with those silly medicate certificates for all visas.

Note - we still we have the burning season to look forward too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Forget it at the 14 day quarantine stage with a myriad of boltons no one will come unless you pay for it end of story ????

I suppose the soldiers will be keeping the covid insurance scam and keep it going even after the borders are open again. Watch this space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hioctane said:

Obviously when a country officially announces a reopening, airlines will start queuing up.

I guarantee there will be enough wanting to go even with the restrictions. It will be a good test run before reopening to broader tourism.

You guarantee it hey? That's some claim.

4 hours ago, Sharp said:

I really do question Thailands approach to all this ....To be honest they should of been jumping around about the virus in Jan and Feb when the country was mobbed out with Chinese ..I firmly believe it went through Thailand and there's why there's so few cases nowhere along with less testing.

BUT i will say after glancing at the UK Sky news last night and their new regulations being put in place its CLEAR the UK Goverment HAVENT GOT A CLUE!!!!

But at least they were elected by the people, and have good education, but from universities and not military academies.

But they are still cheats and crooks and are involved in plenty of corruption, but unlike the Thais, they have the brains to cover it up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Only those few, who are sitting on fortunes of hundreds of millions, or billions of baht, could be this impervious to the fortunes of the masses, millions of whom are utterly crushed by the lack of international tourism. How callous. How indifferent. How paranoid, cowardly, timid, and mind numbingly uncreative. 

Along with those few who, like ticks on the back of a dog, plunge there bureaucratic blood funnels into the soft flesh of public funds, taxpayer contributions, and payola while assisting in the destruction of the economy.  Parasites are not suppose to kill their hosts. 
But............

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

It's totally stupid without a doubt.  I just don't understand why they persist with an idea that is doomed to fail???

Do they not understand people with money are smart enough to go somewhere else if confronted with a ridiculous rule.

But at least my prediction that the terrible reality of the situation will set in by December will be proven to be true.  The coming disaster and the fallout will be huge!  Think of a word that starts with "R"....

I don't think evolution begins with"R". 

So why are all you guys grizzling about the Government restrictions not going to the Phillippines 

where 2,700 cases & 70 deaths yesterday.

Please start giving this Government some consideration for trying to keep you safe.

If you are caught offshore I feel for you but that is no reason to bash because you got caught on the wrong side of the fence

• Like 1

This may accomodate condo owners and and the remaining snow birds. Most certainly not suited for short-term visitors (the majority by and lange). BTW condo owners should never have been forbidden to return and look after their properties. Very poor judjment and open display of unfriendliness from a country whose tourism ecomomy is so desperately depending on foreign vistors (either short or long-term) . Shame on you.