Special team set up to prevent suicides

webfact

Like it or not there are good ways to go and bad ways to go. I would rather take my chances with covid than die a slow death from starvation.

but the military government does not have to worry about starving so I don’t believe this problem will require any “emergency decree”

9 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Why on earth has this government don't provided social security for those people who have lost their businesses and jobs due to Covid is beyond me!! ????
How an  earth can  the majority of those people afford to pay their rent, mortgages, monthly car payments, without any real help from the government?! 
Being in in debt and struggling to put food on the table for your family is a seriously terrible and  stressful situation to be in..
Anyone who has been in such a situation will know exactly how it feels... 

Nobody pays any tax or social security here, I know of one family who were complaining about not getting the government handouts I asked them when was the last time you paid any tax

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm surprised it's not higher, sadly will go up the next 6 months

As the debts start to mount up further from borrowing and establishments start demanding payments, or repossessions yes I fear the toll will rise considerably.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xerostar said:

Sweden Close to Victory Over Virus;

Never Had A Lockdown or Mask Mandate

https://conservativeheadlinenews.com/sweden-close-to-victory-over-virus-never-had-a-lockdown-or-mask-mandate/

But this "government" knows better - They don't care about the people.

It's all about the power and personal gain.

Only 58 deaths from this virus is a victory.

29 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Why on earth has this government don't provided social security for those people who have lost their businesses and jobs due to Covid is beyond me!!

There is social security for those that pay income taxes. Don't pay income taxes you don't get it.

Same same your country. 

1 hour ago, xerostar said:

Sweden Close to Victory Over Virus;

Never Had A Lockdown or Mask Mandate

https://conservativeheadlinenews.com/sweden-close-to-victory-over-virus-never-had-a-lockdown-or-mask-mandate/

But this "government" knows better - They don't care about the people.

It's all about the power and personal gain.

I am in Sweden now and life here is almost back to normal and the economy seems to be doing OK. Lots of old people died in the care homes here but I am still happy that I left Thailand this spring. When the Thai military government introduced ban on alcohol sales I thought it was too much, I don't like to live in a police state with crazy rules. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great  pic  to  start  one the  left  look  like one of the  Muffets  and on the Right  world  war 11  Nazi  Joe 

Suicide  and  road toll  population  going  faster down  than up 

Maybe  time for that  revolution  ... change  the  Gov ... it is only way  to  give Thailand a chance 

Feel sorry  for the poor  souls  in desperation  have to die  cos  of no  work .. food  or  future 

Sadly  the rich  can not  even  conceive  what the real problem  is .......no understanding  at all  never been there

Good  Luck  Thailand

So how long, do you reckon, before people realise that the cure might be worse than the disease? When the money runs out I suppose. By that I mean the whole current (global) system is being sustained by government borrowing and that can only go on for so long, and there's no end in sight to the Covid crisis, so far as I can see.

Edited by nausea
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Only 58 deaths from this virus is a victory.

There is social security for those that pay income taxes. Don't pay income taxes you don't get it.

Same same your country. 

wait until Thailand will have no other choice thannopenonh tje cointry....

Why does the Government destroy the tourism industry when daily road deaths of around 60 people exceed the total deaths from covid19 over 6 months of 58 people and at least an extra 400 suicides. The latter figure will sadly increase as more people will lose their jobs over the coming months. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, aussienam said:

A Thai friend of mine chatted with me lately and she wants to commit suicide.  No job, no money, a son to support, misery.  I am in Oz and feel the same, albeit different reasons for wanting to end it all: stranded out of Thailand 6 months living in tiny spare room out of suitcase, with huge conflict, double rent, huge losses in investment due to COVID19, uncertainty when or if I can get back as a retiree.  Dying is getting to be a more attractive option for many of us.  

Don't ever consider suicide, it isn't an escape, all you do is make things worse. Esoterically you will be locked in a "hell-like" situation where you still need fulfill your time line. Karmically you have not dealt with whatever situation you have had to, as such you will find yourself in a similar or worse one in the next life. You won't return as the same personality, however you will be the same individual, so you still go through it.

I appreciate most Westerners don't fully understand these concepts properly, however there is good reason most religions advise never to contemplate. You won't go to hell as such, but it will seem like it. It's shocking that it would even be contemplated in a Buddhist country where people should be properly informed of the consequences.

All situations, good or bad, we encounter are self generated by previous lives, the only way to remove these bad karmic situations is to work through them. Many situations can seem unbearable but it's like that for a reason, they will pass if you address them properly. Balance can't be avoided.

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

Why does the Government destroy the tourism industry when daily road deaths of around 60 people exceed the total deaths from covid19 over 6 months of 58 people and at least an extra 400 suicides. The latter figure will sadly increase as more people will lose their jobs over the coming months. 

Because if they didn't close the borders there probably would have been a massive outbreak as we have seen in the UK and USA and the economy would have been down 50% or more and not just the 20% due to the devastation of the tourism sector.

There's a bigger picture.

In comparison to countries in the West, Thailand has handled the crisis surprisingly well.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2