KLM flight cancelled

hardly surprising, booking flights at the moment is grasping at straws, expectations need to be managed. until the thai government comes up with a realistic, feasible and workable plan to allow foreigners into the country airlines aren't going to fly there. obviously.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mlkik said:

I have just been emailed by KLM to say my flight from UK on 29.12.20 to Thailand has been cancelled. Seems they are only planning on a few flights a week at best.

You are currently holding a ticket for travel from the U.K. to Thailand on 29 Dec 2020?

For AMS-BKK you were on flight KL 875 or KL 811? Maybe some connecting flight U.K.-AMS, was cancelled?

You have a return ticket?

Were you expecting there to be no restrictions on entry into Thailand?

Right now, KL is flying AMS-BKK-HKG-BKK-AMS KL 887/888; these are daily flights.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You are currently holding a ticket for travel from the U.K. to Thailand on 29 Dec 2020?

For AMS-BKK you were on flight KL 875 or KL 811? Maybe some connecting flight U.K.-AMS, was cancelled?

You have a return ticket?

Were you expecting there to be no restrictions on entry into Thailand?

Right now, KL is flying AMS-BKK-HKG-BKK-AMS KL 887/888; these are daily flights.

KL 875 was cancelled and they offered  a later flight. 

As mentioned before I booked before covid 19 and did not expect any problems as there were none at the time.

KLM do not resume flights to BKK from UK until 25th October and were hoping to fly daily but now only advertise 2 - 3 flights a week.

The KLM customer services agreed these most likely will not happen.

5 hours ago, samsensam said:

hardly surprising, booking flights at the moment is grasping at straws, expectations need to be managed. until the thai government comes up with a realistic, feasible and workable plan to allow foreigners into the country airlines aren't going to fly there. obviously.

Booked it before covid 19.

5 hours ago, mlkik said:

KL 875 was cancelled and they offered  a later flight. 

As mentioned before I booked before covid 19 and did not expect any problems as there were none at the time.

KLM do not resume flights to BKK from UK until 25th October and were hoping to fly daily but now only advertise 2 - 3 flights a week.

The KLM customer services agreed these most likely will not happen.

Many airlines have been saying they will resume flying to Thailand "next month"  every month since march.  They keep selling tickets and then just cancel the flights a couple weeks before departure.

The reality is that thailand will remain closed to normal flights for the foreseeable future and may still be closed this time next year or even longer.   No one knows.

10 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Why would anyone book a ticket when the borders are not open...

In fairness and for balance, my wife and I booked flights LHR - BKK return in September 2019 for outbound late May 2020 and obviously well before C19 came on the scene.  

The flights were then rebooked in early May 2020 and pushed out to end of November 2020. I can't imagine for one minute that we'll be flying unrestricted to LOS in late November now.

So, I should reasonably assume that we'll be pushing out the original September 2019 booking until at least June 2021.  

I do understand your point about booking in the midst of the current climate, though.  Madness.  

5 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Count yourself lucky and ask KLM for a refund of your funds. Then rebook when things look a little bit more clear about reopening and overall tourism options.

KLM may be option to select refund. I'm not familiar with them however fly very often and since covid, like many others have had several flights cancelled. I always book flights many months in advance.

The thing with companies like AirAsia is opting for refund means good luck with that plan. Had cancelled flight to Japan March and still waiting refund. 

Had 2 flights cancelled to Saigon and opted for "move flights" option they are now in October. Zero chance of going to Vietnam next month. Funny that AA are still taking bookings for flights to Vietnam. 

The last option is to select "credit account" That's the option to select.

Airlines (not all) have made refunds difficult to say the least.

57 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Why would anyone book a ticket now for december lol, people still not get it I guess, this stuff is gonna drag on for years. We are in a world war three, just without the bombs and guns from the past.

The OP booked flight pre covid.

I also have have several flights all booked long before covid 19. 

Along with OP I have return flight Dec 2 to Osaka bye bye to that trip and 3 to Saigon coming up.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:37 AM, torturedsole said:

In fairness and for balance, my wife and I booked flights LHR - BKK return in September 2019 for outbound late May 2020 and obviously well before C19 came on the scene.  

The flights were then rebooked in early May 2020 and pushed out to end of November 2020. I can't imagine for one minute that we'll be flying unrestricted to LOS in late November now.

So, I should reasonably assume that we'll be pushing out the original September 2019 booking until at least June 2021.  

I do understand your point about booking in the midst of the current climate, though.  Madness.  

You might want to check how long the ticket validity is.

I booked a business class return on EVA Air LHR-BKK-LHR in November 2019, returning to UK July 2020. Put back to August because of COVID, and inability to return to Thailand, and when I tried to put back to December 2020 for same reason, was told I must use before end November as ticket will expire.

So currently booked to return to UK mid November, but don't hold much hope of that happening. So it looks like I will lose a business class flight and have to pay some exorbitant price for any future seat I buy. Be it in any class.

I (we) have to return to the UK twice a year for business and obviously C-19 has cancelled all our plans.However, with Emirates they offered no change fees if you booked by a certain date. I could either keep the money in the bank at 0.25% interest or book under the revised t's+c's saving myself a possible £600 in change fees. The flights (due 9th September) were cancelled and can be re-booked up to 2 years  ahead.

Compared to the problem and cost of returning to Thailand ( quarantine etc) under the circumstances I feel Emirates have been reasonable. Also, my work/life is dependant greatly on air travel, so I feel an obligation to support (within reason) the limitations they are operating under at present. 

56 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I booked a business class return on EVA Air LHR-BKK-LHR in November 2019, returning to UK July 2020. Put back to August because of COVID, and inability to return to Thailand, and when I tried to put back to December 2020 for same reason, was told I must use before end November as ticket will expire.

BR 67 continues to fly (BKK-LHR) each and every Sunday, departs BKK at 12:50. Aircraft comes in from TPE 

Holding a J res you could probably walk up and fly tomorrow.

I wouldn't wait, things can only go sideways, again.