Pattani school bus shooting ‘an accident’

snoop1130

Pattani school bus shooting ‘an accident’

By The Nation

800_d6b5287bee1b559.jpg

The commander of a volunteer ranger who fired at a school bus in Pattani province on Thursday (September 10) insisted that the man pulled the trigger accidentally.

Yaring Police Station learned at around 6.30pm that a school bus had been shot at on the Pattani-Narathiwat Highway 42 and immediately sent officers to investigate.

Though there were three bullet holes on the bus from Saiburi Islam Wittaya School, nobody was injured. The shooter was later identified as 36-year-old ranger from Phatthalung province.

The ranger tried to flee, but was later arrested and is being interrogated. Police initially believed he may have lost control due to stress and accidently pulled the trigger.

His supervisor, Colonel Somkid Khongkaeng, insisted that he believes the shooting was accidental.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394385

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-11

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Retfed50 said:

Some handguns don't have external safeties.

I don't think he had a handgun.... 3 shots would mean 3 pulls of the trigger, that would mean it was no accident.

More likely he had an auto rifle and pulled the trigger letting off 3 shots before releasing the trigger and legging it !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I don't think he had a handgun.... 3 shots would mean 3 pulls of the trigger, that would mean it was no accident.

More likely he had an auto rifle and pulled the trigger letting off 3 shots before releasing the trigger and legging it !

It has already been proven that when shot by a normal bullet a gasoline tank will not explode. However, if a gasoline tank is shot by a tracer round from a great enough distance so that the round can ignite with air friction, it will cause the gasoline to catch fire.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, digger70 said:

It has already been proven that when shot by a normal bullet a gasoline tank will not explode. However, if a gasoline tank is shot by a tracer round from a great enough distance so that the round can ignite with air friction, it will cause the gasoline to catch fire.

In response to #7   I didn't mention anything about fuel tanks.

6 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

there is no safety on it ?

Bought a new 9mm one of the top brands stored and secured lock box in US. I’m very safety minded and practice weapon safety. One thing I do not

like about the pistol there is no safety. Which IMO is very dangerous even

in the upmost safety minded person... ..

Accidentally hit the bus 3 times. Means in my view, he was aiming at the bus with a loaded weapon an, either discharged the weapon 3 times or the weapon discharged 3 times. Weapons normally do not discharge themselves, therefore: negligent discharge.

The ranger tried to flee.

Tried to flee? Or actually fled the scene?

Police initially believed he may have lost control due to stress and accidentally pulled the trigger. Giving a weapon to a stressed individual? 

His supervisor... supervisor? Colonel Somkid Khongkaeng, insisted that he believes the shooting was accidental.

What the <deleted> were you doing Colonel? A colonel supervising a Ranger? No sergeant, Lieutenant... 

Nice to know the Colonel has conducted an impartial and independent investigation before coming to the conclusion that he believes it was an accident, and making that statement public....

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

In response to #7   I didn't mention anything about fuel tanks.

Sorry My Bad  :jap:. I replied to the wrong post . it was meant for. Richard Coleman 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, snoop1130 said

His supervisor, Colonel Somkid Khongkaeng, insisted that he believes the shooting was accidental. 

Richard Coleman replied:

Not sure the colonel would be smiling if the idiot had hit the fuel tank and roasted 40 kids

• Like 1