UK PM Johnson appeals to party for support over controversial bill

rooster59

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If you are going to insinuate something, why not show some courage and actually come out and say it rather than taking the cowardly approach of slinging mud then running away?

Because I suspect Forum Rules would prevent me from naming third parties in that way. Nothing to do with slinging mud, being cowardly and running away.

Rest assured (possibly rather to your chagrin) I am not including the Scottish Nationalist campaign in in this category. their views on the UK and the English are well known.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

God man that old cow.. it has been eons ago that that happend. Had other countries not joined the war you lot would be speaking German too. You act like you won the war while in reality you played a minor part.

Having said that you did not even do anything, your quite old but not that old. Why bring something up like that. I think a lot Brits are living in the past. All that pounding on your chest for something you did not even play any part in. Its hilarious to be honest. People who havent done anything with their lives often become nationalistic. Your a great example.  WW2 ended 75 !!!!! years ago. You act like its still relevant.

Have I touched a nerve, did I say the UK won the war, minor part....?   ????

The WW2 did in fact effect my life in two ways, not that a non Brit like you would be interested to know, so I won't bother.

You seem to forget that there are still veterans of WW2, whether military or civilian, that still remember that sh_t.

Of course if you are one of the modern day pot smoking iphone brigade that want's to dismiss horrendous stuff, that is up to you, and you have.  ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Its just crazy, anyway its a done thing let them leave. Then please give the Scots their chance too. Its a bit sad for those who did not want leave that they have to suffer all the economic problems because of those leavers.

Why I dislike it is just that it also damages the EU its economy (not as much as the UK economy) but still. I look at things from an economic point of view.

Why are you so desperate to turn this thread into Scots Indy one, you are trying to derail this topic.

BTW does being anti English (your words) make you xenophobic?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

You constantly bring up the war. You did nothing Trans not a thing at all. It might have influenced your life a bit but that is all. You act all proud for something you had no part in. That is what nationalism (and stupidity) is. 

I never dismissed the war, its not relevant anymore. If anything leaving the EU is making new wars more likely with that stupid nationalism. 

There might be some veterans left (not many) but those people are not you why do you constantly try to bring it up. If they brought it up I would have had some respect but you. No no respect at all.

Yes i smoked pot but you know you drink alcohol a known hard drug. Guess what is more damaging. (oh i forget you dont believe in research and facts). 

My non involvement in the war has nothing to do with my opinion of facts.

Proud, yes, perhaps my dad being dragged off his job and made an R.S.M WO1 makes me think that way.

So because there maybe only a few veterans left, we should forget them..Wow.....????

Smoke what you like chap, but folk like you will always defend their obvious no sociable drug taking.

I have had a few shandies in one of the Queen of England's palaces, quite a few times, it was quite legal too, we were all at it, and stepping over the dead drunks too....???? ..

I would say no as I have no problem with the non leavers. If i was xenophobic id have a problem with all English. 

Not desperate to bring the Scots in its a logical conclusion of a hot topic. Point being if the UK can break treaties so could others. The Scots are currently thinking about independence but held back by laws. 

But it really would be the ultimate pie in the face of nationalistic Brexiteers. Freedom from the EU but losing a large part of their country because of it. 

So what you are saying is that you are only xenophobic to the English that have different views to you, thanks for clearing that up, it will be remembered.

On the point of nationalism please note that the only nationalists in our Parliament are the SNP. 

1 minute ago, vogie said:

So what you are saying is that you are only xenophobic to the English that have different views to you, thanks for clearing that up, it will be remembered.

On the point of nationalism please note that the only nationalists in our Parliament are the SNP. 

No that is not what I am saying I said i was not xenophobic. That is what you make of it. Kinda like your leader twisting things. No wonder you support him your as liberal with the facts as he is.????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Looking for trouble are we..............????

No just pointing out you are wrong.

Your English exceptionalism is intrinsic. You dont even realise you are doing it. 

You are not alone of course. Herfiehandbag also associates the word Brit with English.

• Like 2

No that is not what I am saying I said i was not xenophobic. That is what you make of it. Kinda like your leader twisting things. No wonder you support him your as liberal with the facts as he is.????

This is what you wrote rob and what can't speak cannot lie.

"To be completely honest, I do hope the EU does punish the English for this (so yea call me anti English)"  Your words rob, nobody elses, and not very nice words either.

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

To be completely honest, I do hope the EU does punish the English for this (so yea call me anti English) and I do hope the Scots break free because of this and other reasons. If that makes me anti English because i want the leaver to see how stupid their decision was then yes I am anti English.

I have no such problems with the ones that wanted to stay. Say maybe i am partly anti English ????

• Thanks 1

No Trans what is the relevance of a war of 75 years ago. None. Yet you constantly pride yourself on it. Your like one of those fake veterans who never fought and steal honor of others.

But what relevance has a war of 75 years ago on the current situation.

As for weed being non sociable. You have no clue weed gets shared at parties and so on. Just like alcohol. Just less violence and other stuff. You should see it in the Netherlands in coffee shops. Its as sociable as alcohol (minus the violence)

I am proud of my country and it's coming to the aid of you lot when we were unprepared, it seems you are not proud of yours, but never mind...

I have no interest in your drug parties or what goes on regarding drugs in your part of the world....

No violence...????

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No just pointing out you are wrong.

Your English exceptionalism is intrinsic. You dont even realise you are doing it. 

You are not alone of course. Herfiehandbag also associates the word Brit with English.

And you don't do the same regarding Scotland.......?  ..........:whistling:.............   ????

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

This is what you wrote rob and what can't speak cannot lie.

"To be completely honest, I do hope the EU does punish the English for this (so yea call me anti English)"  Your words rob, nobody elses, and not very nice words either.

I said you can call me anti English. Some consider me anti English. Did not say I consider it myself anti English i was talking about how some would view me. But later I said i was not xenophobic. Because I dont have a problem with all English. So its a non issue Vogie. 

Besides the word you used was xenophobic and not anti English. Different things. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I said you can call me anti English. Some consider me anti English. Did not say I consider it myself anti English i was talking about how some would view me. But later I said i was not xenophobic. Because I dont have a problem with all English. So its a non issue Vogie. 

Besides the word you used was xenophobic and not anti English. Different things. 

You are digging for victory, when you should stop digging and get out of the hole you are creating.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I am proud of my country and it's coming to the aid of you lot when we were unprepared, it seems you are not proud of yours, but never mind...

I have no interest in your drug parties or what goes on regarding drugs in your part of the world....

No violence...????

Your proud of your country for something it did 75 years ago. Something you had no hand in. 

As for being prepared.. the UK was not prepared its expedition force gots its ass whipped and by sheer luck got out. 

Lets forget about drugs as you are to set in your ways and will not accept facts and research. It will only derail the topic. As does your lil WW2 stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And you Brexiteers have managed to derail this topic onto the subject of perceived anti Englishness.

You should direct your post in the right direction, Brexiteers didn't bring up the subject of being "anti English" 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

You should direct your post in the right direction, Brexiteers didn't bring up the subject of being "anti English" 

Herfiehandbag brought it up, i think he is a Brexiteer. Just follow the topic.

He made some comments about there being anti English people and i thought he refered to me. That is how this whole thing started. You should keep up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your proud of your country for something it did 75 years ago. Something you had no hand in. 

As for being prepared.. the UK was not prepared its expedition force gots its ass whipped and by sheer luck got out. 

Lets forget about drugs as you are to set in your ways and will not accept facts and research. It will only derail the topic. As does your lil WW2 stuff.

Proud of my country 75years back, yes, seems something you cannot understand..Sadly.

I think you have just shown your anti-British flag again....

As I said, the UK was unprepared but came to your aid, please stop digging yourself a bigger hole.

• Confused 1