Mortgage Advice

So a neighbour of my GF has her small 2 bedroom house up for sale with a Chanote and a very attractive price. I have suggested the GF and her son buy the place using her savings as a down payment and getting a 10 year mortgage for the rest (GF will retire in about 10 years). Both the GF and the son are gainfully employed and not at risk of layoff. Neither of them have financed a home before and as I am out of the country and not there to hold her hand I am looking for advice on: 1- which Banks are easiest to deal with for mortgages (her savings account is currently at Bangkok Bank, son at KrunThai) 2- what are the current mortgage rates and 3 - will the bank hold her hand through this process. Thanks in advance

On 9/14/2020 at 1:34 AM, expat1010 said:

1- which Banks are easiest to deal with for mortgages (her savings account is currently at Bangkok Bank, son at KrunThai)

Apply to one, if no luck, apply to another.

2- what are the current mortgage rates

Available on their websites.

3 - will the bank hold her hand through this process.

Define "holding her hand." 

Your GF / her son are purchasing a product.  The T & C's are in a contract, so are the amounts and time frames. 

They can seek your opinion and / or advice on the above, but you don't need to be in the country to offer this.      

• 3 years later...

For banks, since your girlfriend is already with Bangkok Bank, starting there could be convenient. They might offer her a good deal since she's an existing customer. Her son can check out KrungThai since he's with them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 2:12 AM, Ponyon said:

For banks, since your girlfriend is already with Bangkok Bank, starting there could be convenient. They might offer her a good deal since she's an existing customer. Her son can check out KrungThai since he's with them.

As for mortgage rates, they can change, so it's best to reach out to the banks directly or consult with a mortgage expert like Mortgage Broker Leicester for the most up-to-date information.

When it comes to the process, banks generally guide borrowers, but having someone experienced like Mortgage Broker Leicester could provide an extra layer of support and reassurance.

Edited by Ponyon