Cabinet reshuffle on the cards after sudden exit of newly appointed finance minister

webfact

Cabinet reshuffle on the cards after sudden exit of newly appointed finance minister

By The Nation

800_65ddfed9bf3c8a5.jpeg?v=1599983043

From left: Supattanapong, Suriya, Santi and Narumon

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is expected to reshuffle the Cabinet of his coalition government soon after Finance Minister Predee Daochai resigned on September 1 less than a month after his appointment, according to a source in the ruling Palang Pracharat Party.

Predee, a former chairman of the Thai Bankers’ Association, cited health reasons for his abrupt departure from the Finance Ministry, but some observers believe he had a conflict with his deputy over the annual promotion of senior officials at the ministry.

A Palang Pracharat source said that Energy Minister Supattanapong Punmeechaow, who is also deputy prime minister, is a candidate for finance minister.

If Supattanapong gets the nod, he will  have two posts -- deputy prime minister and finance minister.

Deputy Finance Minister Santi Prompat is expected to replace Industry Minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit who is tipped to become energy minister.

Deputy Labour Minister Narumon Pinyosinwat is likely deputy finance minister while an MP from the Palang Pracharat will become deputy labour minister, according to the source.

The Palang Pracharat MP's name has been proposed to party leader General Prawit Wongsuwan, who is also deputy prime minister.

The Cabinet reshuffle is expected within this month or early next month, according to the source.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394473

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-14

He probably took a look at the numbers and thought "Oh $*!+ I'm outta here". 

It's a daunting task and I don't envy the poor sod who finally takes the reins. Good luck to him or her. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

It's considered sanitation work because of the people the 2 Regime people they have to call boss. They purely just need to get out and have real honest smart Thai people be elected in a fair election.

You know that only people with money or connections can get into politics. Therefore it´s going to be hard, if not impossible, to find honest people for a full government. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

You know that only people with money or connections can get into politics. Therefore it´s going to be hard, if not impossible, to find honest people for a full government. ????

Would that not apply to all governments in all countries with very few exceptions?

• Like 1

A person who doesn't object to sharing all of his brown envelopes and can turn a blind eye to the existence of brown envelopes is required to apply for the job of looking after the task of looking after Thailand's cash. Only people who already have hands in the trough need apply. 

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Honestly, I know some good people with good families having money and having connections who are already in Thai Politics but not with the cronies in charge. ???? First step is making a change, but ofcourse it may never be perfect, but can be a heck of a heck of a lot better if the regime gets out and affords the new generation have their chance. ✌️

When you read all the articles each week at how the government seem to shrug off one problem after another, but not take any direct and needed action, just shows how the country is slipping further into an abyss of economical collapse. I pity Thailand and I worry about its future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Honestly, I know some good people with good families having money and having connections who are already in Thai Politics but not with the cronies in charge. ???? First step is making a change, but ofcourse it may never be perfect, but can be a heck of a heck of a lot better if the regime gets out and affords the new generation have their chance. ✌️

I do understand what you mean. Sure, there are a few good people with money, but mostly that is combined with a bad attitude and ego. As you say, it will never be perfect. However, it´s not just to give the young generation their chance. We are talking about something much more hard. That is finding the right person for the right job and position in all areas of society. There is nothing that says you will be a better choice just because you are young. It´s all about an open mind, possibilities to collaboration and teamwork as well as having the education and experience in the field.

Just now, Matzzon said:

I do understand what you mean. Sure, there are a few good people with money, but mostly that is combined with a bad attitude and ego. As you say, it will never be perfect. However, it´s not just to give the young generation their chance. We are talking about something much more hard. That is finding the right person for the right job and position in all areas of society. There is nothing that says you will be a better choice just because you are young. It´s all about an open mind, possibilities to collaboration and teamwork as well as having the education and experience in the field.

Can't get any worse, so anything else is better. I look to the future of my kids and their generation and then their children. We are old already.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

regardless how many reshuffles they do it won't work, the ONLY way to solve the problem for the actual government to quit and have Democratically elected officials, they should stop playing the "clowns", the circus it's over

• Like 2