Trump holds campaign rally indoors despite coronavirus concerns

webfact

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Every time anyone drives a car they put others at risk. No one is advocating banning cars.

Freedom is the right to make one's own choices, including the right to live an unhealthy lifestyle which makes one susceptible to diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and corona, all of which might kill one.

Driving is regulated by numerous rules and laws. There is no freedom in the way suggested there. Living an unhealthy lifestyle does not usually involve major effects on other people's lives. Odd examples.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've met hundreds of people in my life. Very few cared about anyone else.

When you and others say not wearing masks and not keeping apart from others is putting others at risk you are saying that most of the population of NZ is putting others at risk. Guess what. Hardly anyone is dying of corona, and hardly anyone is catching it.

Personal anecdotes, silly as they are, do not carry much weight. I kinda doubt you feel that societies are run in accordance with do-what-I-bloody-want set of mind. Maybe your issue is with the word "care" - I don't suggest people do this out of brotherly love, but more to do with self-preservation and indoctrination.

You bring up New Zealand, a relatively small and easily isolated country as comparable for the situation in the USA? Get serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Driving is regulated by numerous rules and laws. There is no freedom in the way suggested there. Living an unhealthy lifestyle does not usually involve major effects on other people's lives. Odd examples.

How many deaths on Thailand's roads last year? Did the laws save them?

Living an unhealthy lifestyle impacts many other people, such as those left when one dies and the cost to the taxpayer for their hospital care.

Anyway off topic so bye.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Living an unhealthy lifestyle impacts many other people, such as those left when one dies and the cost to the taxpayer for their hospital care.

Anyway off topic so bye.

If there were no laws, things would be worse. What's your point and what does Thailand have to do with anything?

Living an unhealthy lifestyle which does not directly effect or endanger others is acceptable within the premise of democracies. That's the sort of freedom you were shooting for - only that Covid-19 is not same same.

Off topic how? More like 'Fall back! Fall back!"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyway off topic so bye.

ridiculous....comparing wearing a mask to driving...and your examples are worse...."those left when somebody dies" and "the cost to the taxpayer for their hospital care"...both of those examples are all the more reason to be wearing a mask because they both apply even more than to living an unhealthy lifestyle. At least when you live an unhealthy lifestyle you dont physically infect others with it.

No wonder you bailed on the topic....

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm for freedom to make my own decisions.

I’m all for that as well, but what you don’t seem to realize - or don’t give a flying **** about - is that your decisions can impact other people’s lives in very serious ways. So if you go to one of those Trump rallies and don’t wear a mask and don’t practice social distancing, you can become a serious health risk for others. Over 225,000 infections have now been traced to Sturgis, and I’m betting some of them, or even quite a few of them, have ended in people dying. And all that just because a bunch of yahoos wanted to exercise their right to make their own decisions.

Let me ask you this: if your neighbor decides to start burning his waste in his backyard and your house is full of smoke every night as a result of that, will you respect his freedom to make that decision?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, heybruce said:

Even when you go out with a mask you put others at risk, but you greatly reduce the risk to others and yourself. 

A mask without eye protection INCREASES the risk to yourself. See how many people are adjusting the mask with fingers that could be infected, which means they could introduce the virus into their eye. Not many in public wear eye protection.

I'm far more likely to pick up the virus on my fingers than through the air.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

ridiculous....comparing wearing a mask to driving...and your examples are worse...."those left when somebody dies" and "the cost to the taxpayer for their hospital care"...both of those examples are all the more reason to be wearing a mask because they both apply even more than to living an unhealthy lifestyle. At least when you live an unhealthy lifestyle you dont physically infect others with it.

No wonder you bailed on the topic....

No, I just can't be bothered being baited any more, but it was off topic. Bye.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A mask without eye protection INCREASES the risk to yourself. See how many people are adjusting the mask with fingers that could be infected, which means they could introduce the virus into their eye. Not many in public wear eye protection.

I am not sure if you are saying this, but nearly all scientists say that a mask is better than no mask including those at the CDC.

But Donald says that a mask may be worse than no mask, and he says he knows people who agree, so he's probably right. 

As you say it sounds  like eye protection may be even better though. Not sure about wearing safety goggles to the supermarket.

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Please provide evidence of this.   We do not permit the posting of false information.  

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am not sure if you are saying this, but nearly all scientists say that a mask is better than no mask including those at the CDC.

But Donald says that a mask may be worse than no mask, and he says he knows people who agree, so he's probably right. 

As you say it sounds  like eye protection may be even better though. Not sure about wearing safety goggles to the supermarket.

Imo pay no attention to trump on this matter he doesent care we all know proper safety protocols personally I wear tight fitting sunglasses with a mask when out and about hand sanitizer often covid Donnie can’t even bring himself to mandate masks he’s a train wreck killing more Americans every day due to incompetence or I fear worse it’s pure hubris ether way it’s epic malpractice 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not true according to reputable sources.

These data also suggest that wearing face masks protects people (both health-care workers and the general public) against infection by these coronaviruses, and that eye protection could confer additional benefit.

Additional benefit, yes, so that also means that a mask without eye protection in itself is beneficial.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31142-9/fulltext

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

He is living in his own dream world.

It is intriguing. Does he actually believe what he says and post? Or just a case of saying whatever and not caring whether it's true or not? Then there's the other option - knowingly spreading lies. I think that possibly it's all three.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 10:10 AM, Peterw42 said:

Let me guess, the deep state will be giving Biden the answers ? Or maybe China will arrange it, then again, I wouldnt rule out the globalist new world order.

We are going to need a bigger tin foil hat.

Sadly, (or maybe not) there will be no presidential debates this election as Joe "will acquire a case of the wuhan flu" so he can duck out of the debates and blame Trump for the cancelled debates! Fantastic strategy for the dems. Another possibility and likelihood scenario is that a HUGE bombshell is being planned for launching in the coming days, weeks, right up to election that rocks the foundation of a particular candidate and affording no time to recover. Wait and see. Politics is serious business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xofswen said:

Another possibility and likelihood scenario is that a HUGE bombshell is being planned for launching in the coming days, weeks, right up to election that rocks the foundation of a particular candidate and affording no time to recover. Wait and see. Politics is serious business.

Did you get this information from Q?

• Like 2