Extension of stay experience using an agent (Chonburi IO)

The office of Lyn Property is on the first floor of View Talay  2-B.  "Lyn" is married to a British man and runs a mini mart in the building, rents condos and also does visa work. I paid 15 thousand baht. I brought a sheaf of paperwork documenting my  monthly income, but did not need it. She drove me to Chonburi  IO, where she seemed to know everyone in the place. They took my photo and my passport and bank book and I was told I would be notified when my extension was granted. No interview with an officer and no questions. Also no waiting. Although I have an account with Bangkok Bank, most of my money is in an American credit union.  Despite what I read here, the agents seem to be well connected  at  Jomtien.  There seems to be an unofficial policy of leniency in some cases. Any predictions of doom? I did essentially the same thing last year, but only talked to an officer and showed him my documentation, plus a fee of 14 thousand baht. Although, this year, the fee was a bit higher, there was less time spent at immigration. Just waiting for the Phillipines to open back up, so I can move there. Too much uncertainty here. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

so, you had 65,000 /month income from outside Thailand

and you paid 15,000 baht, (vs 1,900) for what?
Someone to hold your hand?

The last time I got an extension for 1900 baht was during the days when the American Embassy, still issued income letters. After that ended, they wanted all my money in a Thai bank and 800 thousand baht. Can't do that,so I have to pay more for "someone to hold my hand".

• Like 1