Confused by CW

I lost my job in May. End of May I was told my work permit is cancelled and I need to cancel my extension of stay. I collected all the paperwork and went to CW. A female IO flicked through my passport, handed to a male IO, he flicked then said “ok, you’re on amnesty.” No stamps at all. I assumed in the pandemic this was correct. 

In speaking with several agents since, one just said I am fine here until my extension of stay ends in October, but may have problems getting another visa down the road. 

I am a little worried and want to keep my nose clean, while also extending my stay here. Catch 22. Seems the IO just didn’t do his job and there’s literally no proof I attempted to cancel it. What should I do?

Edited by bwoy32
Spelling

Your extension of stay ended when your work permit was cancelled. Normally CW would have acknowledged this by cancelling out your stamp and issuing a 7-day extension to allow you time to exit the country. But under "amnesty" many things became 'back-room' automatic rubber stamped.

You, like many others, are currently under amnesty and must follow the options the people of that group are currently taking.

10 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Your extension of stay ended when your work permit was cancelled. Normally CW would have acknowledged this by cancelling out your stamp and issuing a 7-day extension to allow you time to exit the country. But under "amnesty" many things became 'back-room' automatic rubber stamped.

You, like many others, are currently under amnesty and must follow the options the people of that group are currently taking.

I understand that, however know a vast amount others were still stamped.