Application of stay is under consideration

Hi

has anyone experienced an application for an visa, which is in status "application of stay is under consideration", which has been rejected by the end of 30 days? Why I'm coming up with this question is because of the date 24.09.2020, where I have to show up with my passport, which is very thight, in cas it should be rejected. A plan B is then almost impossible. And is it wise to go a week before that date or is Immigration always stick to their dates?

Thx & regards

Thx BritManToo, good to hear this. Yes it's about Visa Extension. My Brain is working like crazy in the last days and weeks for plan B, C, D, E... and doesn't want to stop. I even prepared myself for plan B and have another Visa for another Asia country. But all visas in asia seem to be worthless in times of covid.

• Like 1

If you are talking about extension of stay due to marriage - no.

i had a really bad interview - the officer didn’t believe I was the person who applied the previous year, she wouldn’t even hand any documents or speak to me by the end of the process. I posted my concerns here, and was assured there was nothing to worry about as the application had been accepted, the stamp was just a formality. 

Sure enough, i never heard anything more and the extension was granted.

• Like 1

Just now, recom273 said:

If you are talking about extension of stay due to marriage - no.

i had a really bad interview - the officer didn’t believe I was the person who applied the previous year, she wouldn’t even hand any documents or speak to me by the end of the process. I posted my concerns here, and was assured there was nothing to worry about as the application had been accepted, the stamp was just a formality. 

Sure enough, i never heard anything more and the extension was granted.

I can beat that .........

My ex-gfs brother was the immigration officer who visited my house for the check, and guaranteed the extension (for my marriage to my new gf) would be refused. The worst he managed to do was lose the paperwork for a month. So it took me 60 days to get the confirmation stamp.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can beat that .........

My ex-gfs brother was the immigration officer who visited my house for the check, and guaranteed the extension (for my marriage to my new gf) would be refused. The worst he managed to do was lose the paperwork for a month. So it took me 60 days to get the confirmation stamp.

Yes, I’m sure you were one of the posters who assured me that everything would be fine, (Thanks for that) which it was .. oxygen thieves of the highest order

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

It happened to me, after 3 years of applying for the same type of extension of stay for the same company.

My application for a Non B extension of stay was accepted and I was given a 1 month under consideration stamp. There was no contact from the Immigration Bureau during the next month, but when I went back to receive the extension a senior officer explained that there was a technical issue with my application, and explained what the issue was.

They then extended my permission to stay by 14 days, and told me to return as soon as possible with the correct documents.

The correct documents were presented, and my extension of stay was granted.

I'm sure this was an isolated case, but it does show that I was given extra time to provide amended documents from other government departments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thx to all of you who have replied so far (gives me some rest) - yes it is about "extension of stay due to marriage" and also thx for the term "extension of stay". Am I correct, that there will not be a new visa issued - this is always what I thought until today.

And my existing NON-IMM O ME - Visa, which is valid until Jan 2021 will be invalidated the day my stay has been granted - is that correct? I think Ubonjoe has already mentioned that somewhere else. Just want to be 100% sure.

21 minutes ago, Opossum said:

Am I correct, that there will not be a new visa issued - this is always what I thought until today.

You will get a stamp that states " Extension of stay permitted to" a date one year from when you current permit to stay ends. 

21 minutes ago, Opossum said:

And my existing NON-IMM O ME - Visa, which is valid until Jan 2021 will be invalidated the day my stay has been granted - is that correct?

You visa will still be valid to the day it expires but it will be useless since you cannot use it enter the country since you would get a new permit to stay date that is not equal to your extension which would make you extension invalid.

If you want to travel you have to get a re-entry permit before leaving the country that will keep your extension valid to the day it expires.

I had a similar question the other day. My local IO let me apply for a conversion from TR -> Non-O Marriage, using the TM86. We didn't get any kind of stamps on that day, just paid the 2000BHT and got given a receipt and told to wait while everything is checked (via Bangkok I assume)

I'm kind of confused what happens next, I think we are waiting for a phone call whether it went through or not. So;

1) should I be concerned the IO gave us no stamps so far?
2) is the fact she accepted the application cause for us to assume it should/is likely to be approved? 
3) is there an "under consideration" period to come after this waiting period, or is this the consideration period. 

1. For a visa application there is no under consideration stamp done. Normally they tell you a date to return to get the visa and entry stamps done. Look at your receipt to see if they wrote a date on the back of it.

2. If accepted it will be approved.

3. There is no official under consideration period but normally it is about 2 week wait for the approval to be done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

1. For a visa application there is no under consideration stamp done. Normally they tell you a date to return to get the visa and entry stamps done. Look at your receipt to see if they wrote a date on the back of it.

2. If accepted it will be approved.

3. There is no official under consideration period but normally it is about 2 week wait for the approval to be done.

Thanks Joe!

So a conversion from tourist to marriage counts as a visa application and not an extension?

What about house visit (if they decide to do that), would it be during the 2 week wait or after the visa/stamps are done? 

1 minute ago, greggraham said:

So a conversion from tourist to marriage counts as a visa application and not an extension?

That is correct. You will get a new entry stamp with a new permit to stay date 90 days from the day you applied. 

1 minute ago, greggraham said:

What about house visit (if they decide to do that), would it be during the 2 week wait or after the visa/stamps are done? 

Some offices do a home visit as part of the approval for the visa application. If not there will be one when you apply for the one year extension based upon marriage.

• Like 1

I just got an extension with an embassy letter. 

I too got the "under consideration" stamp and I am supposed to return on October 15th.

As far as I understood the appointment on the 15th is just a formality but a couple of things are unclear to me:

For how many more days will they extend the visa? Until 26th of October? 

Will I have to pay another 1900 thb? 

What counter do I have to go to in mtt? 

What documents will I have to bring? 

Edited by FizziBublech

30 minutes ago, FizziBublech said:

For how many more days will they extend the visa? Until 26th of October? 

To October 26th.

30 minutes ago, FizziBublech said:

Will I have to pay another 1900 thb? 

No

31 minutes ago, FizziBublech said:

What counter do I have to go to in mtt? 

I assume K is where you applied for it so it would be the same.

31 minutes ago, FizziBublech said:

What documents will I have to bring? 

Only your passport is needed.

22 hours ago, Opossum said:

Thx BritManToo, good to hear this. Yes it's about Visa Extension. My Brain is working like crazy in the last days and weeks for plan B, C, D, E... and doesn't want to stop. I even prepared myself for plan B and have another Visa for another Asia country. But all visas in asia seem to be worthless in times of covid.

Totally relate to that... Hope & think it will work out for you!

Got another few hours to wait myself, won't trust anything or anyone for real until I have the passport back...

Have the same situation, just got an under consideration stamp from CW.
Will have to come back the 15th.
First time we came we didn't have the tm30 and were missing some photos (living room, bedroom, and selfie in front of door was mirrored so 20 was "unreadable").
So did the tm30 with a fine of 800 baht, and the tm47 just to have it in order.
Then back to CW and they accepted the application and I paid 1900.

Do they always do home visits in inner Bangkok?
We are often out or working or studying, so if they do will they call before? Would have no problem with them knocking on my neighbors doors, although seeing it's an apartment complex I'm not sure how many know me apart from those 3 rooms living next to me.
I live in Phra Nakhon district, if that makes any difference for some reason.

Edited by banglassie

1 hour ago, banglassie said:

Do they always do home visits in inner Bangkok?

If it is your first extension they will probably do one.

1 hour ago, banglassie said:

We are often out or working or studying, so if they do will they call before?

The will can you to set up a time.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What if you can't show the money in the bank after the consideration time, ie the 400/800k?

You mean the day you come back to the IO and just before they give you the extention stamp, the IO is asking for the prove of the bank statement?

Well, shooting from the hip, I would say that you would still get the extension. The IO didn't mention anything regarding this point and from the requirements they gave me and cross-checked with those from Ubonjoe and with https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2771 I can not see any problem.

During the 4 weeks of consideration, a lot of things might happen.... bancrupcy of my bank, getting sick and need that money for the hospital etc... Maybe a senior person might have a more reliable answer on this.