Who's Holding Out For A 22-Sept Announcment?

Just now, schondie said:

I'm hoping that the 1 year extension with 400,000 in the bank for 2 months will be a little more straightforward. 

You will be using money in bank method.

Bullet proof.

Just remember to keep the 400k in the bank the under consideration period.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Some people don't know the meaning of 'integrity'.

I apologise if I am confusing you with someone else but are you the Rangers supporter who sides with the SNP? 

Again, deepest apologies if I am wrong. 

3 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Interesting too. I was in communication with the US Embassy about another matter, and I thought to ask them after I do my first extension with my embassy letter, will I need to get a new one for each additional extension. They answered they didn't know what the procedures will be after Sept. 26, and are waiting to hear from the Thai government. Glad to know the Thai government has a well thought out plan for us, and they are keeping the embassies in the loop.

More than likely, the US Embassy wants to preserve diplomacy by not implying any knowledge of next steps other than what they have agreed with their Thai counterpart so far.  Ambassador doesn't want to step on the toes of the host country. I'm sure it frustrates the Embassy as well, though not nearly as much as those of us who are impacted directly by the sudden changes in direction.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Interesting too. I was in communication with the US Embassy about another matter, and I thought to ask them after I do my first extension with my embassy letter, will I need to get a new one for each additional extension. They answered they didn't know what the procedures will be after Sept. 26, and are waiting to hear from the Thai government. Glad to know the Thai government has a well thought out plan for us, and they are keeping the embassies in the loop.

"Glad to know the Thai government has a well thought out plan for us, and they are keeping the embassies in the loop."Looks like everybody is a mushroom if not born here no matter who you are!Maybe they just think we're a bunch of infected aerosols!

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, asiacurious said:

Why are you not allowed to post the link? I've repeatedly posted links to Bangkok Post. There's no prohibition to doing so.  Or is there? 

In fact, I think it's encouraged that people post links to published information rather than just say they read something somewhere. 

Could you post a link? 

Thanks. 

See forum rule 26:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

Strictly speaking, even the name of the publication you mention should not be posted on ThaiVisa, but this particular detail did not find its way into the fourm rules. There's a story behind all this and the way I remember it the chairperson at that time (hereafter referred to as "IT") of this publication that shall not be named (hereafter referred to as "PNN")  wrote to the management of ThaiVisa along the lines that Thaivisa was not allowed to post links to PNN or to quote text from their website, and that IT did "not want to see PNN mentioned on ThaiVisa ever again, dead or alive" and threatened legal action against anybody who would thencefoth do so. While I am unaware of any such legal action having been taken so far against any ThaiVisa member, the threat has to the best of my knowledge never been withdrawn, hence why take the risk? Under these circumstances, why give PNN the benefit of free publicity on ThaiVisa?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

11 well qualified (and highly paid) attorneys disagree with your interpretation of the law.

I think we can leave it at that. Believe what you want but don't try to educate people on the internet on Thai Employment and Immigration Law. It's a slippery slope!

Would you feel up to an informal opinion on the law regarding defamation.? Codes 326 and 330. My curiosity following conversations on the subject. I would pm the details, no point derailing the thread. 

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

If you successfully posted, you may wish to review your old posts. You might find they were removed by admins.

PER THE THAIVISA FORUM RULES:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

I stand corrected!  Thank you.

Also, that's such a ridiculous rule!  Not even linking?  What a strange world Bangkok Post lives in.  It actually explains a lot about that "news"paper.

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yes, you'll probably need a new letter.  If you sign up for an appointment in Bangkok, you'll get an email confirming your appointment with the following contained in the email.  Note that the Embassy letter must be "not more than 30 days old" so there is no way to apply for a second extension without getting a new letter.  (Well, there is technically.  If you get the letter dated a few days before your first application, you could use it a second time if you do your second application before the letter expires).

Here's what it looks like in the email:

image.thumb.png.462e90c7c74663127be3e71c4f6d7144.png

And here is the translation (via Google):

image.thumb.png.49b2fd2c100d9dc51a989b6801ee2139.png

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

If you sign up for an appointment in Bangkok.....

Speaking of appointments, I heard online appointments were all filled up over the weekend for this coming week, at least at MTT. It's going to be a hot mess this week.

Edited by Benitostacos

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The Smart visa isn't for digital nomads. You aren't a tourist, you work here without paying tax, don't have a work permit or the appropriate visa. Just leave. 

Working illegally on tourist visa. LOL.

A tourist spend money and not earn money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

Not really related to what you said, but I heard online appointments were all filled up over the weekend for this week, at least at MTT. It's going to be a hot mess this week.

That was only for tourist visa extensions at desk J. There are 30 day extension appointments available for desk K. 

I think immigration has shut down desk J.

Just now, Benitostacos said:

Not really related to what you said, but I heard online appointments were all filled up over the weekend for this week, at least at MTT. It's going to be a hot mess this week.

Apparently you choose short term extension counter k and are given option am or pm and that works

150,000 times 500 a day

someone's making money

the 'ol fashioned way.

get that money!!!!!   or 1900 times 150,000

there is going to be a lot of cash changing hands this week, and next.  

i'm on an expired Non-B so i'm not sure what I have now, except a stamp set to expire next month.

i haven't heard anything about Laos opening back up.....too bad.

imagine the wait to get a tourist visa via online appointments.

the next available appointment will be in 2023.   lol

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Absolute BS, where the money goes has nothing to do with it. Immigration is for visa's, the labor office is for work related things. I don't need to add value to people who break several laws in this country.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. I'm in exactly the same situation as Ubon2530. Maybe you want to tell me that the Thai Embassy abroad that I get my yearly Non-Immigrant B from gives me the wrong visa?

• Like 1

the saddest part with regards to farangs in LOS........at least ONE will be forced back home, get COVID, and not make it.  150,000 is a lot.  one, sure.  

i really think people from "bad covid" countries (i don't believe all the numbers) should be able to stay much longer.  I know it's not Thailand's problem, but we are all humans.

I hope Pattaya has a super duper special on the 25th. 

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was only for tourist visa extensions at desk J. There are 30 day extension appointments available for desk K. 

I think immigration has shut down desk J.

How did Desk J tourist visa extensions differ from Desk K extension appointments? 

Also, the online booking form for an appointment lists these options.  Are the two in bold the Desk J and Desk K bookings?

• Extention Visa NON  L-A (Imperial World Ladprao - A4)
  • Extention Visa NON  L-A (Big C Donmuang - A2)
  • Extention Visa NON  L-A (Imperial World Ladprao - A2)
  • Extention Visa NON  L-A (Big C Ratburana - A1)
  • 90 Days Report  (TM.47) (Visa extension at One Stop Service ) ( 1 passport/1person) (C (Chamchuri Square) - 19)
  • Visa extension ( One Stop Service) (A (Chamchuri Square) - 3
  • Extention for Bussiness (M1 - 49)
  • Extention for Bussiness (M1 - 50)
  • Issuing Visa (C1 - Online 1)
  • Re-entry (Government complex) (C2 - 7)
  • Permanent Residence (D - Online 1)
  • Endorsement (E1 - 14)
  • Alien Recording (F - 1)
  • Alien Recording (D - 1)
  • Re-entry (NON L-A) (Big C Ratburana - C11)
  • Applying for short term Visa At Muangthong Thani (K - Counter K)
  • Extension by Tourist Visa (TR) issue by Thai Embassy or Consulate (TR60 - online 1)
  • 90 Days Report(TM.47) At Muangthong Thani (B - 1)
  • Extention Visa for Study, Extention Visa for a teacher, professor, instructor, expert or educational personnel (N1 - 45)
  • Extention Visa for Study, Extention Visa for a teacher, professor, instructor, expert or educational personnel (N1 - 46)

Thanks UbonJoe

EDIT:  This is the only thing I can find on the Immigration website about Counter J, and it makes it sound like J and K are the same thing.....

ย้ายไปเมืองทองธานี-1.png

7 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

How did Desk J tourist visa extensions differ from Desk K extension appointments? 

tr.60 option is ONLY if you purchased a Thai visa stamp for 60 days from a Thai embassy/consulate abroad. option above that (Counter K) is for all other individuals, including citizens from visa-on-arrival and visa-exempt countries, as you're applying for a 'new' short-term visa using the letter.

due to the choice of wording used however I'm certain nearly everyone, regardless of whether they're VOA/VE/TR.60 used the TR.60 option, hence the appointments filling up far quicker than they should have. I'd wager most people who still remain in Thailand are from VOA/VE countries, very few who actually purchased a Thai visa (TR.60) before travel unless their passport required it.

Edited by tabbycat

6 hours ago, WuhanVagabond said:

The STV nonsense is 100% for domestic consumption. I've had several Thais show me the article- they're passing it around. They don't bother with the facts like 1200/month- they just view it as the return of big money tourists and a positive. Just as intended.........

Yes. They describe  it as airports opening. I hve had several estimates from Thais when things will get better. 3 say 1 month. The most realistic one said Xmas. It is  sad they have so little idea what is happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, Phillip9 said:

Its way too late for that now.  They don't want any more people apply for extensions than they already have.  It would create chaos and long lines if they allowed this last minute.

But it looks like they like people keep coming, after getting under consideration stamp we must visit IO twice a month won't it create a chaos? and if we go for second extension next month, again 2 visits to immigration a month.

23 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

EDIT:  This is the only thing I can find on the Immigration website about Counter J, and it makes it sound like J and K are the same thing.....

Here on the opening announcement. https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/07/03/ประชาสัมพันธ์ย้ายเคาน์/

It appears the appointment site says something different. I think any appointment gets you inside the door.

18 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

tr.60 option is ONLY if you purchased a Thai visa stamp for 60 days from a Thai embassy/consulate abroad. option above that (Counter K) is for all other individuals, including citizens from visa-on-arrival and visa-exempt countries, as you're applying for a 'new' short-term visa using the letter.

due to the choice of wording used however I'm certain nearly everyone, regardless of whether they're VOA/VE/TR.60 used the TR.60 option, hence the appointments filling up far quicker than they should have. I'd wager most people who still remain in Thailand are from VOA/VE countries, very few who actually purchased a Thai visa (TR.60) before travel unless their passport required it.

Thanks for the clarification.

All I can say is... uh... wow.

Can things be any more confusing for people?

So for the few people who DID have actual visas, they should sign up using the counter J (now full) to get the regular non-Covid 30 day extension without an embassy letter (assuming they never got it before).  And if they signed up to counter K?  Will they be able to get the regular 30 day?  I'd guess the answer is no, having seen how messed up things are.

And how many people showing up at J (who should be going to K) will be serviced at J using the embassy letter extension?

This could be the source of all conflicting reports by people - some who have gotten regular 30 day extensions, some who have only gotten with the embassy letter (or have gotten under consideration stamps).

When people report their experiences this week, I hope they report:

Method of Entry to Thailand (ex: TR-60, Visa Exempt....)

If they previously applied for a normal 30 day extension

Which office and counter they applied at this time

What the status of their application is.

The counter may be the missing piece to part of the puzzle.

• Haha 1