Video: Want to visit Thailand? Here is how to apply for a Special Tourist Visa

webfact

56 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

Morons! No one is able or willing to answer questions like:

- how much will the charter flights cost?

- what if the flight is on a Sunday/Monday? Would be impossible to to get a negative covid test + visit the Thai embassy within 72hrs before the departure in most European countries.

- are international covid insurances allowed or just overpriced Thai ones?

- how long they will "track" you after the ASQ? (tracking after the ASQ is a big NOGO for me)

- what happens in the hospital, if you are positive, but just asymptotic? Are you there forever??

- what are the financial requirements/bank account balance I read in the news?

Those are just a few questions that came immediately to my mind. The more complex, the more questions...and that's typical Thailand. They spend money and man-power for a ridiculous plan with ridiculous hurdles. No embassy/ agency will be able to answer me those questions. It will be rather "just apply and see".

Honestly, all this BS has just been done to "save their faces". The reality that anyone with close ties to TH knows is, that this process will take MONTHS in the worst case! The video however suggest it's super easy and will be done within 1-2 weeks.

By the time its up and running the virus will have killed all us snowbirds off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, my friend you said:

So if I test positive (PCR test I guess, or else which test do they use?) I will be forced into hospital and "receive treatment"? Even if no symptoms? What kind of treatment?

PCR test is a joke. Unreliable, lots of false positive results. Illegal to use for diagnostic purposes according to the producer himself.

Then go to hospital against my will?

If I refuse I will be taken to North Korea or what?

Questions over questions.

Yes, you will be forced to stay in hospital until you test negative, which could be weeks...

• Sad 1

Some more posts using copyrighted content from Bangkok Post have been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Some troll posts have been removed. 

4 hours ago, aussienam said:

I am sorry, but so much promotion by the TAT and government for the new STV, when it caters for an extremely small percentage of people = 1200 per month.  Also, not yet revealed are the costs in the agent booked ASQ facilities?  Plus chartered and private plane arrivals.  The target market are the very rich it seems.

As the vast majority of tourists are working to middle class income earners, this does not seem for them.  

Forget Thailand for 2020, 2021 and probably 2022.  New waves of COVID19 will return, political unrest, and a many months of delays in rollout, price, distribution and administration if a vaccine is given full approval by next year - are inevitable.  Think red tape, vaccination certification and immunity delays as well.  

It's going to much get worse sorry.  As time goes on this will snowball.  

As the vast majority of tourists are working to middle class income earners, this does not seem for them.

you can forget about 'working' people, as anyone with a job will not be coming on an extended holiday to thailand, neither will anyone with a family... i'm not sure what their target market is; the wealthy pre-retired unemployed? the wealthy retired?

and suggesting to the tourist sector in thailand that these individuals are going to spend, on average one million baht per month is ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zzzzz said:

this is NOT for the working middle class.

its for the many many (there easily 2,000 that holiday3-4months in Phuket every winter that own condos,villas etc)

and those for whatever reason ( those on retirement extensions)that have not been able to get back

I bet it will work an i HOPE that after a few months thailand will start to get back to visa exempts an regular tourist visas with ONLY a covid free test.

You might be right. The part about having an agent is the tip off. The agents are delivering these application packets with a little extra stuffed inside and that's what you are paying for. Most of the people who want this are not dealing with the bureaucracy, they are paying someone else to do it for them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, farang51 said:

I was fooled by the subject to think that we could find that information here.

We need a list of where to apply. As far as I know, Thailand Longstay Company is one of the places (if not the only one) to apply; however, there is absolutely no information on their website: http://www.thailongstay.co.th

I send them an e-mail yesterday, no reply yet.

Some well planned PR.  . Thai long stay and  Farang short time

5 hours ago, aussienam said:

Forget Thailand for 2020, 2021 and probably 2022.  New waves of COVID19 will return, political unrest, and a many months of delays in rollout, price, distribution and administration if a vaccine is given full approval by next year - are inevitable.  Think red tape, vaccination certification and immunity delays as well.  

It's going to much get worse sorry.  As time goes on this will snowball.  

"As time goes on this will snowball." 

What is most likely to "snowball" (it's already starting in the UK) is the acceptance that the cure is worse than the illness.

That's a result of understanding, because of more testing, that the ratio of serious illness/mortality to overall infections is small.

It's becoming seen as acceptably small.

The economic, social and political effects.........very large.

Governments are looking forward to the tipping point, when they can start to write off COVID deaths as comfortably as they do the multiple other causes of "premature" mortality, among the group that, overwhelmingly, it most seriously affects.........

image.png.002e0109c137c9ee535a5413d84c5752.png

"Premature" to what........an eternity of wrinkly leisure?

This post was presented to you by a 65 year old.

Edited by Enoon

18 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I wonder if this mobile phone tracking application will be a thing of the future for visitors? 

The usurpers have always had a hard-on for ankle bracelets and real time tracking. Easier to snatch out of of a quiet corner for some re-education at a friendly CCP gulag.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Sounds easy on the film clip but anyone with a little background knowledge will understand it better and realise what it really entails, even obtaining a flight is going to be problematic unless of course some business person has already designs on chartering flights at an exorbitant price of course. Also I hope the Thai travel company enlighten people as to the expenses they will incur for the isolation, before shopping online .............LOL

Does not mention you have to show adequate funds in the bank and prove that you haven't been in large crowds for the last 6 weeks. 

The first flight has awaiting list of 750 Chinese wanting hospital treatments and another 1500 from Japan and Arab countries all wanting medical services 

So the first huge success story is a flight from China to Bumingrad, then a trip to Pattaya to drop buts on the beach, while recovering 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, uncle_tom said:

Can one reliably get a Covid test within a 72 hour window in the UK?

- If the Covid test then throws up a positive result, do you lose the money you paid for the air fare?

- Where are these quarantine hotels in Thailand, and how much will they cost? I could tolerate sitting in a decent three or four star room for a fortnight, but not a one star windowless hovel..

some of your questions are covered in the threads on returning to Thailand, including one specifically from UK.

-private UK clinics offer pre flight Covid tests timed for departure flight

-travel insurance can be bought to cover cancellation in case of positive test

-lists of ASQ hotels with prices are available online (though mostly in Bkk as far as I can see). Considering the associated medical support, prices are reasonable imo

13 minutes ago, Thaiophil said:

Numbers allowed will hardly fill even one charter flight even if the lucky few all come from the same city.

Various previous announcements referred to STVs only being issued in countries with almost no Covid, but this time no mention of which countries. Why does it matter anyway given requirement for pre flight test, 2 weeks confinement, then phone app surveillance?

Exactly, the STV will fail. But lets see how its looking in November for Thailand. If the STV arrivals are 98 % CV19 negative through quarantine, will they open to more or all countries ? They will need many MORE countries..... 

27 minutes ago, Thaiophil said:

-lists of ASQ hotels with prices are available online (though mostly in Bkk as far as I can see). Considering the associated medical support, prices are reasonable imo

http://hsscovid.com/ Click the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) button for hotels in Bangkok. Click the Alternative Local Quarantine button for hotels in other places. They will add more hotels later.

I agree regarding the prices. All the hotels in Phuket so far are five-star hotels in the absolutely top. The cheapest is 99000 baht for the quarantine period which include three meals a day and as far as I can tell the covid tests as well. If you like five-star hotels and fine dining that is a great offer. Personally, I am fine with two or three-star hotels and I prefer fried rice and chicken instead of fine dining; thus, that offer is not for me.

3 minutes ago, farang51 said:

http://hsscovid.com/ Click the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) button for hotels in Bangkok. Click the Alternative Local Quarantine button for hotels in other places. They will add more hotels later.

I agree regarding the prices. All the hotels in Phuket so far are five-star hotels in the absolutely top. The cheapest is 99000 baht for the quarantine period which include three meals a day and as far as I can tell the covid tests as well. If you like five-star hotels and fine dining that is a great offer. Personally, I am fine with two or three-star hotels and I prefer fried rice and chicken instead of fine dining; thus, that offer is not for me.

well they've got to get the estimated one million baht per person per month somehow...

Honest to God the only reason I'm still in Thailand is because I'm under some grand delusion feeling privileged to be here while the rest of the world has to go through this crapola. 

It's like trying to visit North Korea. Something to tell your kids... If I had any. 

• Like 1