Video: Want to visit Thailand? Here is how to apply for a Special Tourist Visa

webfact

13 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

Morons! No one is able or willing to answer questions like:

- how much will the charter flights cost?

- what if the flight is on a Sunday/Monday? Would be impossible to to get a negative covid test + visit the Thai embassy within 72hrs before the departure in most European countries.

- are international covid insurances allowed or just overpriced Thai ones?

- how long they will "track" you after the ASQ? (tracking after the ASQ is a big NOGO for me)

- what happens in the hospital, if you are positive, but just asymptotic? Are you there forever??

- what are the financial requirements/bank account balance I read in the news?

Those are just a few questions that came immediately to my mind. The more complex, the more questions...and that's typical Thailand. They spend money and man-power for a ridiculous plan with ridiculous hurdles. No embassy/ agency will be able to answer me those questions. It will be rather "just apply and see".

Honestly, all this BS has just been done to "save their faces". The reality that anyone with close ties to TH knows is, that this process will take MONTHS in the worst case! The video however suggest it's super easy and will be done within 1-2 weeks.

Sir hard questions like these are not welcome.....

What's really important is that everyone gets giddy with joy that tourist can come back, big smiles, group hugs, photo ops, and big face for government officials is what's important....Only squeaky party pooper wheels ask hard questions.... 

Thank you for contacting Tourism Authority of thailand, Toronto office.

Please kindly have an information regarding to STV below:

Application Procedure for Special Tourist Visa (STV)

1. A foreign applicant must e-mail Thailand Longstay Company ([email protected]) to submit his/her intention to apply for the Special Tourist Visa (STV). In the e-mail, please provide the following information of all the applicants:

- Photo of the passport that the applicant will use for entry into Thailand

- Current Location/Residence (City & Country)

- Nearest Thai Embassy/Consulate to the Applicant

2. The company will send the photo of the passport to the Thai Immigration Bureau to check the applicant’s criminal record

3. After receiving approval from the Thai Immigration Bureau, the company will send the applicant the STV Visa application form and the company will correspond with the applicant regarding:

- the 15 days ASQ/ALSQ quarantine accommodation options

- accommodation options and requirements after the 15 days quarantine (minimum stay of 15 days) [Total minimum stay of 30 days including the 15 day quarantine]

- Options for chartered flights

- Medical and Travel Insurance options with minimum coverage for medical expense of 100,000USD including Covid-19 medical treatment.

Once all payments have been made for all the above items and the applicant must send all of the documents to [email protected]

4. The company will submit on behalf of the applicant, the STV visa application from and all required documents to the Department of Consular Affairs, Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to apply for the CoE (Certificate of Entry) and the STV Visa

5. Once the Department of Consular Affairs has approved the applicant’s application, the company will inform the applicant to get the CoE and the STV Visa at the nearest applicable Thai Embassy/Consulate. The applicant must bring, his/her passport, all the required documents and a Fit to Fly Medical Certificate https:/…general02.pdf. The Fit to Fly Medical Certificate must states that the applicant does not have covid-19 and must be issued at least 72 hours before the flight departure.

6. Once arrived in Thailand, every STV visa holder must follow the public health and safety measure set by the Thai Ministry of Public Health. If the STV visa holder has been tested positive for covid-19 at the airport, the STV visa holder will immediately be sent to the approved hospital. If the STV visa holder has been negative for covid-19 at the airport, the STV visa holder will pass through immigration.

7. STV visa holder will then go under the 15 day quarantine at his/her paid ASQ/ALSQ accommodation. If the STV visa holder is tested negative for covid-19 after the 15 day quarantine, the STV visa holder will be allowed to leave and go stay at his or her chosen accommodation

29 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Thanks for providing the email.

So we have to pay a thai agent for 30 days hotel, flight and covid insurance before they even submit the STV application.

No thanks, I'm out before even considering the 15 day quarantine

Edited by aussiexpat

4 hours ago, farang51 said:

Isn't that only if based on marriage or family in Thailand and/or with a lot of money in a Thai bank? If so, it is hardly relevant for most snowbirds.

Correct, I could possibly be included in the 'money in the bank' as you stated, but this means nothing yet. My snow shovels are dusted off and ready.... 

8 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I phoned a friend to call in their office in Bangkok (next to Fuji Supermarket opposite emporium) and they did not know anything about it there. 

The website shows this address, is there more than one Emporium opposite a Fuji?

T. P.&T Tower
1 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd, Khwaeng Chatuchak, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900

31 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

My Embassy here said they are not involved with the STV and gave me the Long Stay Company email address as you mentioned, waiting email reply from STV.  

6 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

Qatar flies into LOS almost daily....I can book now.
The Gov needs to open up to these airlines.

Non O would get me in and could extend OR get credited the STV free in lieu of the Non O 

Book it but you won't get a boarding pass with a Non O....  

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

What's really important is that everyone gets giddy with joy that tourist can come back, big smiles, group hugs, photo ops, and big face for government officials is what's important....Only squeaky party pooper wheels ask hard questions.... 

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

There is no thought process, be calm, be kind, be patient, and smile.......

• Haha 2

Wow! It looks amazing on the screen but does this really work — especially during the pandemic? Also I’m not sure even after the pandemic; it looks like scam too me. The only thing they are missing is the track-band, which can track the tourists after quarantine stage. Definitely they will look like criminals.
I am also eager to see those first 100 deep-pocketed tourists who will arrive here.All these will benefit for those HiSo and not for the LoSo.
Also, I feel so sad for those tourists who are already here. They are still contributing to the country, virus-free but struggling to get legal states to stay, as they have to get out of the country by 26 Sept. Good luck!

9 hours ago, lkv said:

It's an excellent idea as a matter of fact.

The honored guest will have to wear the wristband/ have the app installed, once quarantine is over, for the whole duration of his stay, of up to 9 months.

Well, 3 months that is. One of the conditions for further extensions will be to make sure the covid insurance is still active, and the app is still running, plus 2,000 baht.

Beats North Korea, I tell you. No more need for a permanent tour guide.

It's amazing. I love it.

It's a two week jail sentence followed by parole. They should include geofencing, i.e. only allowed (while obviously every move is monitored) to roam within a set perimeter, or to the monkey house it is. And of course wearing a colored bracelet, so locals can stay well clear of the jailbird.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's a two week jail sentence followed by parole. They should include geofencing, i.e. only allowed (while obviously every move is monitored) to roam within a set perimeter, or to the monkey house it is. And of course wearing a colored bracelet, so locals can stay well clear of the jailbird.

It's ok. A large proportion of foreign tourists will be happy to go through the process. After all, what doesn't one do, for the once in a lifetime chance to taste green curry pizza.

• Haha 1

I just got an answer from Thailand Longstay Company. In addition to the part zzzzz quoted, I have information on the price to the agent, see below; however no info on the price for the flight or the hotels. They say they are updating their website soon.

Application Service Fee and Payment Terms & Conditions:

- 10,000 THB excluding 7% VAT per applicant

- This includes the service fee and the applicant can access special promotion and packages from our partnered hotels, insurance providers and other businesses.

- This fee does not include the airplane ticket, 15 days ASQ/ALSQ quarantine accommodation nor accommodation after the 15 days quarantine, medical and travel Insurance.

- The applicant will also have to pay the 2,000 THB visa fee at the Embassy/Consulate

- This fee is non-refundable.

- Thailand Longstay Company is not the Department of Consular Affairs and the company is not liable for any decision made by the Department of Consular Affairs.   

I guess I will not apply until I am certain that Thailan allow people from Denmark and until I know more about the price for the flight and the hotels.

• Like 1

Far to vague for my liking.  My impression is that TAT have to give the appearance of wanting Tourists, hen in fact they do not.

So put forward a scheme like this, with impossible conditions that nobody will use, and then it is not their fault when no tourists come.  

In their minds, Thailand is open for visitors, and it is the Tourists' loss if they do not come.

Seems to me that somebody is hoping to make a lot of money from this, but is o far too stupid to work out how.

Now, if Thai Longstay was to offer a single fee service that delivered you to your selected address in Thailand, it might be worth thinking about....

-The royal Thai government has succeeded in controlling the spread of Covid-19- ????????????????????????

We all now how they'll react when there is a second wave, in complete panic. Probably there are better tourist destinations at the moment.. Unless tourists are up for the thrill getting stuck in lockdown.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, farang51 said:

I just got an answer from Thailand Longstay Company. In addition to the part zzzzz quoted, I have information on the price to the agent, see below; however no info on the price for the flight or the hotels. They say they are updating their website soon.

I guess I will not apply until I am certain that Thailan allow people from Denmark and until I know more about the price for the flight and the hotels.

Another 10k for fee.  LOL Suprise suprise

13 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Another 10k for fee.  LOL Suprise suprise

Ok so let us summarize what I need for my extended 9 month holiday, no work allowed. So that I can come with 5 million and leave with zero million.

10K + 6K = 16K

ASQ 50K

Overpriced covid insurance from "partner agencies"

The app to install on the phone or the wristband that will monitor me for the 9 months once I have finished my quarantine, that one is free of charge? Or does it require a monthly Google Play subscription? Someone please confirm this aspect, it is important.

And then, after I had my quarantine fun, eating green curry pizza, which I must admit, I have not tried before, but it does sound like fun, I can continue to eat green curry pizza at my chosen accomodation by online delivery, cos I surely cannot visit temples, they won't be letting foreigners in, and most restaurants would have gone bust by then.

This is the one holiday I always dreamt of.

• Like 1

Forcing tourists to pay a mandatory agent a 10,000 baht + 7% non-refundable fee just to have the pleasure of applying for a visa and booking flights, accommodation and insurance through that agent, which will also have their hidden mark up fees.

I'd heard that Thailand was supposedly corrupt behind the scenes, but to openly prove it to the World is beyond belief. Amazing Thailand for sure ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

Lol **** them with their 10k baht fee! GL to them, but I knew that! That plus no details about the extra cost, makes it a huge NO GO for me.

Moreover I wouldn’t be surprised if they charge a special STV price for the ASQ Hotels or even worse just include the upper scale ones for STV applicants. 

It’s not about being able to afford that or not,  but the fact that it’s the typical “let’s milk them to the maximum” Thai-scam. Wish no one would even consider to apply for that scam, so that they would lose their face and reconsider it. Sadly there will be enough desperate guys, who would even walk handcuffed and with a “I am a dirty Covid farang “Tshirt trough Bangkok, in order to be allowed back!

• Like 2

A post using copyrighted content from Bangkok Post and the replies have been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum. S

2 hours ago, khunkarl said:

-The royal Thai government has succeeded in controlling the spread of Covid-19- ????????????????????????

We all now how they'll react when there is a second wave, in complete panic. Probably there are better tourist destinations at the moment.. Unless tourists are up for the thrill getting stuck in lockdown.

They never had a first wave......

32 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

makes it a huge NO GO for me.

The quarantine idea by itself makes it a no go for 99.99% of the population of this planet, that has no solid ties to Thailand.

Myself included, no house, no car, no wife, no kids, just some good memories of fun in the past.

But yeah, they already know it, so why not milk that small category an extra 10K plus markups on hotels and insurances.

3 hours ago, farang51 said:

I've read they have allowed people from India to return, you would think Denmark should be a green light, but nothing makes any sense anyway....

9 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I've read they have allowed people from India to return, you would think Denmark should be a green light, but nothing makes any sense anyway....

I don't think they will allow people from India, haven't seen that anywhere.

Regarding Denmark, when they mentioned allowing Scandinavian countries, they did not include Denmark. Actually, it does make sense; we have had rising numbers of infections in the last couple of weeks. However, new restrictions should bring the numbers back down in a few weeks, so, they may include us in the allowed countries sometime in October.

10 minutes ago, farang51 said:

From this very site

The patients included a family of three – 7-month-old child, 30-year-old mother and 36-year-old father – who tested positive on Saturday. They had arrived from India on September 16 and gone into alternative state quarantine in Bangkok.

The fourth was a 62-year-old Indian businessman who arrived in Bangkok on September 16 and went into alternative state quarantine.

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Forcing tourists to pay a mandatory agent a 10,000 baht + 7% non-refundable fee just to have the pleasure of applying for a visa and booking flights, accommodation and insurance through that agent, which will also have their hidden mark up fees.

I'd heard that Thailand was supposedly corrupt behind the scenes, but to openly prove it to the World is beyond belief. Amazing Thailand for sure ????

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

How about a Destination Thailand Global Boycott by ALL tourist ( 30-40 million ) for 2-3 years. Would we see very simple entry requirements drafted up rapidly for ALL ? 

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

From this very site

The patients included a family of three – 7-month-old child, 30-year-old mother and 36-year-old father – who tested positive on Saturday. They had arrived from India on September 16 and gone into alternative state quarantine in Bangkok.

The fourth was a 62-year-old Indian businessman who arrived in Bangkok on September 16 and went into alternative state quarantine.

But that is not under the new scheme where only people from certain countries are allowed.

27 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Regarding Denmark, when they mentioned allowing Scandinavian countries, they did not include Denmark. Actually, it does make sense; we have had rising numbers of infections in the last couple of weeks. However, new restrictions should bring the numbers back down in a few weeks, so, they may include us in the allowed countries sometime in October.

I doubt Canada will be approved unfortunately, even though my Province - population 5 million, 61 hospitalized, 22 ICU, fairly good numbers I would think.