Prime Minister sued by former immigration chief 'Big Joke' over transfer to PM’s Office

webfact

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The whole country has a right to accuse this person of "abuse of power".

From his initial, illegal act in 2014, his abuse has continued, purely for the benefit of himself and his cronies.

Indeed and every single foreign Embassy and Ambassador vindicated this illegal act. Most recently at the 4th of July celebration where despite the pandemic no masks were worn or social distancing carried out. At least not in the photos on Twitter. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

This doesn't seem to be as big a deal as some of our local pundits claim.

Surachate just needs a bit of publicity; he seems to thrive on that, and maybe he wants some sort of decision.

All the PM has to do is move the investigation forward. That might not be the best thing for Surachate?

The PM already got rid of Verachai, who was in league with Surachate.

He does hold some cards, but not sure he wants to ultimately play them. His "faction" within the RTP is not the strongest.

And it never ceases to amaze me that some here think he is some paragon of virtue. I guess PR works, for some.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

I doubt anything will come out of it. Khun Prayut will have all his ducks in a row on this.

Yet it would be a double standard with the last Prime minister and cabinet accused of sidelining another RTP top official, and being convicted of it.  Double standards are not allowed in this corrupt country where back hander envelopes assure promotions and transfers, and irritating just one person can end your career with a move to in inactive post without cause.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut Chan O Cha won't be bothered about this, imo ... as mentioned he will have all his cards in order and this will end up being a waste of time.  

By cards in order you mean cards stacked against anyone because he has everyone in his back pocket?

• Like 1

you could get away with this in North Korea and China but Thai PM is on a slippery surface at the moment and big protests against him are gaining momentum, there will be a lot of high fliers watching their backs and not wanting to please the PM 100%

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The whole country has a right to accuse this person of "abuse of power".

From his initial, illegal act in 2014, his abuse has continued, purely for the benefit of himself and his cronies.

Maybe the trigger for a coup?

• Like 1

I think Big Joke must have perceived that Prayut is weakened somewhere, and given the position of Big Joke who necessarily has relationships given his former position, it is necessarily based on something, because not everything in the media transpires about what happens in the spheres of power. If it were otherwise, it is not certain that he would have taken this risk, because it is a risk, an indication will be if they talk about it a lot or very little on the TV channels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miamiman123 said:

Big Joke was out of Thailand during that time .....where was he and who was he visiting? Does the initial TC mean anything to you. It’s not Take Care! 

TC - That's my brother Tommy Clark's intitials - Big Joke was visiting my brother?? Tommy never mentioned that!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I am willing to agree with you on the point where nothing is going to come out of this. However, it´s hard to agree with your comment that he would have all his ducks in a row on this. Assuming that the accusation is right, and none of the authorities mentioned was assigned to investigate before or after he was removed from his duties. Is that not against lawful procedures? It might even be breaking both the law and the constitution as well as a big part of the Thai Labour Laws.

Would you please elaborate on that. I know that it´s going to be like dust hidden under the carpet, when they have come up with another excuse after another for the next two years. However, explain to me how you can be so sure that nothing has been done wrongfully in this case?

I was going to make the same argument, but you said it in a much more thoughtful way. The issue HERE is not whether Big Joke engaged in some kind of corruption but that he was moved to an inactive post well over a year ago without any formal investigation to validate/justify that transfer. It's quite black and white (and it's different from whether corruption took place, where you could have some evidence but not enough to prosecute). Then, as others point out, the next interesting question is 'why choose this time to take action'. Big Joke might smell blood in the water and he be finding more support in the back rooms than he had before. Time to buy some popcorn... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Assuming that the accusation is right, and none of the authorities mentioned was assigned to investigate before or after he was removed from his duties. Is that not against lawful procedures? It might even be breaking both the law and the constitution as well as a big part of the Thai Labour Laws.

Since when has a coup been part of the lawful procedure? The PM will sail through this. He can change any law for his advantage, just like other PM's have done before.

be careful what you wish for.