STV Visa application precidure sounds like a scam

6 hours ago, thaitero said:

You pay after receiving approval, I read

What are the points 1 and 2 ?

Application Procedure for Special Tourist Visa (STV)

1.      A foreign applicant must e-mail Thailand Longstay Company ([email protected]) to submit his/her intention to apply for the Special Tourist Visa (STV). In the e-mail, please provide the following information of all the applicants:

Photo of the passport that the applicant will use for entry into Thailand

Current Location/Residence (City & Country)

Nearest Thai Embassy/Consulate to the Applicant

2.      The company will send the photo of the passport to the Thai Immigration Bureau to check the applicant’s criminal record

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

STV sets new standard of stupidity.

First up the travel bubbles.

Then Phuket having Au and few other countries fly in. Bit funny at same time Au had serious issues covid wise. 

Now this rubbish STV. Absolute rubbish.

Yet many fools asking how to register.

The travel bubbles are what could be a game changer. Unfortunately, there are few countries that would currently qualify for safe, quarantine free entry. China would qualify (if the Chinese were also trusting of Thailand) but the Chinese are not overly popular as many blame them for Covid-19.

I think an even more fundamental question for the OP is what role ThaiLongStay, the company plays and how much of the listed procedure is driven by them and how much is actually required by Thai Immigration.

And are there any alternatives, like dealing direct with the Thai consulate or embassy?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ernests said:

Application Procedure for Special Tourist Visa (STV)

1.      A foreign applicant must e-mail Thailand Longstay Company ([email protected]) to submit his/her intention to apply for the Special Tourist Visa (STV). In the e-mail, please provide the following information of all the applicants:

Photo of the passport that the applicant will use for entry into Thailand

Current Location/Residence (City & Country)

Nearest Thai Embassy/Consulate to the Applicant

2.      The company will send the photo of the passport to the Thai Immigration Bureau to check the applicant’s criminal record

What's the source of this? anything official?

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I think an even more fundamental question for the OP is what role ThaiLongStay, the company plays and how much of the listed procedure is driven by them and how much is actually required by Thai Immigration.

And are there any alternatives, like dealing direct with the Thai consulate or embassy?

As I understand ThaiLongStay has taken the task to organize this. Imagine doing this yourself.. I feel that it would be a big pain in the ass.

I am just one of many, but they still bothered to answer my concerns..????‍♂️

I could be wrong. It happens..

5 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

It's simple... they want you ALL in before they spend the time processing your entry. And to be fair, you can imagine the amount of Flakey people that would start or initiate this process and then just back out. This will be a very crazy process... and those "travel agencies" that are being tasked to facilitate this have there work cut out for them. This is seriously not going to be a good option for anyone other than individuals or couples and certainly not families. This is primarily going to be for others that are desperate to get back into Thailand for one reason or another. 

STV Process.jpg

Draft or Daft?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, ehgnyc said:

If any rich tourist really does take part in this, they are going to be very disappointed. They will not be arriving in the happy fun Thailand they're imagining. I'm on Samui. It's a ghost town.

Actually, I think this has improved samui.  At least its is more peaceful and the beaches aren't crowded.  I think most rich tourist would agree with me.  They are mostly older and looking for peace and quiet.  They will be glad all the backpackers and associated "fun" are gone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I posted a reply to this topic in another thread a few minutes ago.  Please read it carefully.  Your 10,700 baht application fee is ONLY after a police check - NOT after any other approval.

2.      The company will send the photo of the passport to the Thai Immigration Bureau to check the applicant’s criminal record

3.      After receiving approval from the Thai Immigration Bureau, the applicant will have to pay the application fee and the company will send the applicant the STV Visa application form and the company will correspond with the applicant regarding:

Analyzing the wording very carefully from a 'legal' standpoint I would like to point out that item 3 on the OP's list actually interprets as after approval from Thai Immigration Bureau ONLY on the applicants criminal record.   It does NOT indicate any other approval.

In other words - once you have been 'police' cleared you can go ahead with an application and this company require you at that point to pay up the money.  That is BEFORE your application is processed in any way.  That is a real gamble,  Caveat Emptor.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cjinchiangrai said:

What I want to know is where is Emirates getting their COEs and ASQ bookings.

Individuals get these from their local embassy and direct from the ASQ hotel respectively.  The airlines play no part in obtaining them, only verifying them at check-in I believe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

A new company set up by the Government with brand new untrained staff would be incapable of understanding the complicated rules that the TAT has put in place. It's bound to be a money making machine for those in charge of it.

They are a long established company who have facilitated retirement visas for many years, but yes, they'll hope to make money out it at 10,000 baht + per pop.

• Like 1