Thai PM wants all tourists to wear wristbands - we're not opening the floodgates

webfact

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

The cloud cuckoo land kid strikes again.????

So Prayut says any tourist must wear a GPS wrist band, ha, ha ,ha, dream on pal.

Wrong ! only those ones : " That means all foreign tourists allowed in under the special tourist visa must wear GPS wristbands so that their movements can be closely tracked. "

we who are all the time inside Thailand  are the "untagged" free ones ????

Edited by david555
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Uh oh, sounds like Nazi Germany to me.  Just wear the markings people, it is for your own good and so we know your not one of us.  You might as well just put ankle monitors on them or better yet a GPS Chip inserted under the skin.

It is utterly ridiculous, yes even offensive, to compare measures to control the health of the population, to Nazi practices. As somebody whose parents were affected by the practices you are referring to (I am a son of holocaust survivors) I am offended by your words. May I remind you that other countries, including Israel, are following, or trying to follow, this practice, referred to by the Prime Minister.

• Sad 6

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

As an expat living here I would not wear one. Never. Jail me. I will put up such a stink online, they would end up attempting to arrest me, like the American who complained about the Koh Chang hotel.

Inane nonsense. An administration run amok. 

Yes the Wi-Fi in jail's pretty good.

Err, so I hear.

35 minutes ago, aboctok said:

If I make my own "GPS" wristband and wear it during thunderstorms, no local will come within 50 metres. How comfortable.

Fly a kite with a wire and a key at the same time as Benjamin Franklin did to charge the gps signal up.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

The cloud cuckoo land kid strikes again.????

So Prayut says any tourist must wear a GPS wrist band, ha, ha ,ha, dream on pal.

The guy lives on a planet where the sky is pink.

He actually said:"People who didn't want the country opened were not those suffering in the decimated tourist industry."

A more stupid thing I have not heard in my life!!!

Edited by Strongheart
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Strongheart said:

The guy lives on a planet where the sky is pink.

He actually said:"People who didn't want the country opened were not those suffering in the decimated tourist industry."

A more stupid thing I have not heard in my life!!!

Oh I don't know give him 5 minutes....

Edited by mark131v
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Beanfarmer05 said:

Look at the photo of that health minister again holding the pule of free masks that the dirty fangs as he says refused to wear. None of those masks were sealed!he was holding the front and the rear of the masks with both of his hands. So put this mask on, that hes had his greasy mitts all over, that before hand were stored in the boot of somchais car and passed from flunky 1 to flunky 2 to flunky 3 to hiso minister to hand out??! "What you no want to wear?! Dirty farang!!"

Pathetic excuse - as I say learn from the Thai people, gratefully accept walk around the corner and .....really you guys are not very savvy, better you stay away from Thailand if you cannot understand how things work or are not smart enough to learn

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2