Trump deflects debate question about whether he condemns white supremacists

webfact

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not that I wish Biden any ill, but I was thinking if he had a heart attack, and Harris stepped in for the second presidential debate, Trump would be all at sea on what to do. If he attacked her the same way he did Biden, he could say goodbye to the women's vote. And I'm willing to bet she could give much better than she got.

Not a problem.

First, she can still be labeled 'nasty', and then 'doubt' can be cast about her legitimacy as she's not the first name on the ticket. I know it doesn't have anything to do with anything, just saying these are two probable venues of 'attack'.

Wow, with the President showing such a bad example of how to behave during a debate, I am surprised that anybody even wants to hear another debate. What an embarrassing event that train crash was. I hope that a lot of his supporters have a change of their feelings and change their votes to the 3rd choice.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, candide said:

There may not be another Trump-Biden debate. They will impose rules such as "don't interrupt your opponent", etc... (as in any normal debate). Trump will either refuse such a debate, or walk out after being cut, claiming he is censored by the deep state or whatever B.S.

trump has already rejected any changes to debate rules. Personally, I believe the 'debate' will continue.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

How can his supporters condone that, particularly in the light of the fact that Antifa have played little or no part in the current unrest.

That is not my take on the situation. I noticed Antifa played a huge part in the unrest, from setting up the disastrous CHAZ, to their constant presence at the scenes of violence, looting and burning that have been a hallmark of democrat run states in the last 3 months or so.

Worth mentioning the ProudBoys are led by a Latino and have no ideology of white supremacy, not exactly ticking the "white supremacist" box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Worth mentioning the ProudBoys are led by a Latino and have no ideology of white supremacy, not exactly ticking the "white supremacist" box. 

You have to do some explaining as to why Jason Kessler member of the Proud Boys helped organized the violent Charlottesville rally. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You have to do some explaining as to why Jason Kessler member of the Proud Boys helped organized the violent Charlottesville rally. 

Easy - Antifa made him do it. Or something.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

This thread is rife with left-wing lies and really poorly-considered opinions about this, including the highly-biased propaganda of the OP itself.

Kayleigh McEnany, the current White House spokeswoman, addressed this very issue in a recent press conference and pointed out several instances in the past by date where Donald Trump had condemned so-called "white supremacy". After that the press continued to press her about it. It was a disgusting display of PTSD by the press, like many on this thread have displayed. I have personally heard a montage of sound bites where he had condemned "white supremacy" many times and long before the debateWallace's question was disgustingly out of place and some kind of stupid, partisan transparent attempt to manipulate the debate.

Speaking of lies...

• Like 2

Gavin McInnes, founder of "Proud Boys", is suing CNN and Biden for Mis-characterizations. The publicly-available article includes a video with Mr. McInnes stating his view of the statements made.

IMHO, Wallace should also be sued for associating "Proud Boys" with such violent/hate groups as BLM, the KKK and Antifa (which is only an "idea" according to Biden's statement during the debate"), IMHO.

IMHO, Trump should be FRAPPED for accepting Wallace's "Proud Boys" submission as an example of a "white supremacy" group (whatever that is). Neither of them knew what or whom they were talking about, IMHO.

PM me for the link to the McInnes law suit article.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

, founder of "Proud Boys", is suing CNN and Biden for Mis-characterizations. The publicly-available article includes a video with Mr. McInnes stating his view of the statements made.

IMHO, Wallace should also be sued for associating "Proud Boys" with such violent/hate groups as BLM, the KKK and Antifa (which is only an "idea" according to Biden's statement during the debate"), IMHO.

IMHO, Trump should be FRAPPED for accepting Wallace's "Proud Boys" submission as an example of a "white supremacy" group (whatever that is). Neither of them knew what or whom they were talking about, IMHO.

PM me for the link to the McInnes law suit article.

Maybe he should sue Wikipedia too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys

"The Proud Boys are a far-right, neo-fascist and male-only organization that promotes and engages in political violence."

Even stranger, considering the lawsuit, is that McInnes has disassociated himself from the group.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/proud-boys-founder-gavin-mcinnes-quits-far-right-group

Edited by polpott
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, polpott said:

Maybe he should sue Wikipedia too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys

"The Proud Boys are a far-right, neo-fascist and male-only organization that promotes and engages in political violence."

Even stranger, considering the lawsuit, is that McInnes has disassociated himself from the group.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/proud-boys-founder-gavin-mcinnes-quits-far-right-group

IMHO, I thought the issue of using Wiki as a serious reference for political definitions (and many other categories AFIC) was handled quite well by RoadWarrior371 and stevenl HERE, IMHO.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

IMHO, I thought the issue of using Wiki as a serious reference for political definitions (and many other categories AFIC) was handled quite well by stevenl HERE, IMHO.

Read back through the thread. He was replying to someone who had dissed my post which contained exactly the same Wikipedia quote. He was backing my use of the quote. Comprehension not your strong point? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, polpott said:

Read back through the thread. He was replying to someone who had dissed my post which contained exactly the same Wikipedia quote. He was backing my use of the quote. Comprehension not your strong point? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

IMHO, Sure, sure (recognize this?). Are cute, childish emoticons and ad hominem attacks your strong points? My comprehension may have checked out for the day due its being Sunday and due to other factors but I'll have my staff check it out. Anyway, pursuit of this discussion is off-topic so I'm (as usual) terminating it NOW IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaxYakov said:

IMHO, Sure, sure (recognize this?). Are cute, childish emoticons and ad hominem attacks your strong points? My comprehension may have checked out for the day due its being Sunday and due to other factors but I'll have my staff check it out. Anyway, pursuit of this discussion is off-topic so I'm (as usual) terminating it NOW IMHO.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: