bitcoin to thb again

steve2112

hi, i've read a few posts but they seem out of date or loaded with spammers.

someone wants to pay me for something in bitcoin. how would i take that and get baht? (i'm in thailand now, UK passport or thai passport ok too)

i assume i need to open a bitcoin account at something like bitkub, have them send the btc there, then i withdraw to a thai bank act. is that right? are there any rules on fees, taxes, limits i should know about.

please don't reply and tell me to hold onto it, i'm asking for an answer on this question only. thanks

• Like 1

First you would need a wallet to hold it in.  Also realize that every transaction has a fee so you will lose some of the money.  Like Bitcoin ATMs take about 10%.

There is a broker in Australia I use,  Caleb & Brown.  They can buy and sell for you from/to fiat currency.  

Edited by rwill

F*k KYC, f*k AML, f*k uploading scans of your passport to random websites. Contact traders directly on localbitcoins.com without registration

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184983-coinbase-bitcoin-to-thailand-how/?tab=comments#comment-15867527

thanks to Krungsri and Kasikorn it is possible to get cash from the ATM without having any card - the buyer will tell you the number and password in Whatsapp/Line/whatever. Example: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/1212210/cash-out-your-bitcoins-cash-at-atm

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pingpongplayer said:

4. Send your BTC deposit address to the person that is paying you.

Hi, I recently open my bitkub account & I can't seem to find BTC deposit address to allow the person that is paying me? Appreciate for further explanation.  

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 10:50 AM, fdsa said:

F*k KYC, f*k AML, f*k uploading scans of your passport to random websites. Contact traders directly on localbitcoins.com without registration

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184983-coinbase-bitcoin-to-thailand-how/?tab=comments#comment-15867527

thanks to Krungsri and Kasikorn it is possible to get cash from the ATM without having any card - the buyer will tell you the number and password in Whatsapp/Line/whatever. Example: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/1212210/cash-out-your-bitcoins-cash-at-atm

I agree completely with the sentiment, but if you are cutting out localbitcoins and contacting the traders directly, how are you confident of receiving your fiat after sending the bitcoin? This is not a sarcastic or rhetorical question; I would really like to know.

23 hours ago, tyler28 said:

I agree completely with the sentiment, but if you are cutting out localbitcoins and contacting the traders directly, how are you confident of receiving your fiat after sending the bitcoin? This is not a sarcastic or rhetorical question; I would really like to know.

Ive used localbitcoins before in the uk few years back and the tx's went fine, i brought btc and ltc and there was a reputation system so you can buy from people whom have traded before so this offers some form of confidence , use the escrow system so that payment isnt released untill the btc are sent. You also pay slightly higher rate on localbitcoins than that the actual mid market rate at the time.

avoid any suggested methods outside of the escrow and avoid a meet up unless you are extremely confident.

Cant say for Thailand exchanges but your better off just setting up on a reputable exchange, connect to your bank account so you can easily cash out when you need to.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, tyler28 said:

I was trading on localbitcoins with a few reputable traders before localbitcoins made mandatory account verification, then I just moved to Whatsapp and never was scammed since. 

Just look for a trader with thousands of positive reviews and ask them for contact details.

That hasn't been my experience at all. I was scammed by a user called "CryptoCashThailand" who has 10,000+ trades across various such platforms. Fortunately, I didn't risk a very large amount, since I knew it would be dangerous. I'd advise sticking to Paxful, Localbitcoins, etc. and NOT dealing with traders (even major ones) on Telegram, etc. Take away the escrow and the feedback system, and they have NO reason to deliver on their end of the trade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tyler28 said:

That hasn't been my experience at all. I was scammed by a user called "CryptoCashThailand" who has 10,000+ trades across various such platforms. Fortunately, I didn't risk a very large amount, since I knew it would be dangerous. I'd advise sticking to Paxful, Localbitcoins, etc. and NOT dealing with traders (even major ones) on Telegram, etc. Take away the escrow and the feedback system, and they have NO reason to deliver on their end of the trade.

Please share more information - screenshots or chat logs.

a note from my localbitcoins account:

People you trust
BTCX (1000+; 100%)
dgon1990 (3000+; 100%)
Fahsky (1000+; 100%)
Goonerdan (3000+; 100%)
Pattayaguy (1000+; 100%)
rdaria (1000+; 100%)
redonion (3000+; 100%)

People that trust you
Goonerdan (3000+; 100%)
rdaria (1000+; 100%)
redonion (3000+; 100%)

- had no problems with these ppl and traded with some of them privately (not on localbitcoins/localethereum).

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Have traded with the mentioned 'scammer' without any issues.... but like all transactions, there is the chance that people change or IMO the off chance that the trader dies or has an accident in the middle of a transaction and you never hear from them again.   

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 7:44 PM, Neeranam said:

Join Binance and do P2P to get the money sent to your Thai bank account. 

This is the best way IMO, and once you've done it a few dozen times, you'll understand why they can never really enforce any kind of crypto ban.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heng said:

This is the best way IMO, and once you've done it a few dozen times, you'll understand why they can never really enforce any kind of crypto ban.   

just force the banks question every person-to-person transaction over 10k THB and voila, crypto is dead.

4 hours ago, fdsa said:

just force the banks question every person-to-person transaction over 10k THB and voila, crypto is dead.

It would cost the banks a LOT of money to even try to do that and why would banks care about crypto ??   

20 hours ago, fdsa said:

And voila they'll also end all prostitution and narcotics trafficking at the same time.   You have my vote for PM.   

But just for anyone wondering... if/when the bank calls, just say it's for socks and spices.    Make up a new answer every time.    Sorted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1