Former Thai PM Thaksin was infected with COVID-19 but has recovered

rooster59

59 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

It was not illegal just immoral maybe. Best PM Thailand ever had and I know of no Thai who does not say the same. Elected not like these clowns who give 200 of their loyal mates jobs to subvert democracy. Thaksin was no angel but he was a super PM loved by Thais.

Just because you don’t know anyone in Thailand who didn’t like him doesn’t mean that that’s universally true for all the Thais. Cough * yellow shirts * cough! Plus, it’s a well know fact that he bought votes, so I wouldn’t put too much weight on his “popularity”! 

How is not paying sales tax legal? The company was registered in Thailand, its headquarters were in Thailand, therefore sales tax is due! 

Anyone who is corrupt and screws over his own country is NOT suited to run a country - period! In any other country in the world he would’ve had to step down immediately and there wouldn’t have been a single person on the street in protest of him having been ousted! But I guess money talks, right?!

• Sad 3

15 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Just because you don’t know anyone in Thailand who didn’t like him doesn’t mean that that’s universally true for all the Thais. Cough * yellow shirts * cough! Plus, it’s a well know fact that he bought votes, so I wouldn’t put too much weight on his “popularity”! 

How is not paying sales tax legal? The company was registered in Thailand, its headquarters were in Thailand, therefore sales tax is due! 

Anyone who is corrupt and screws over his own country is NOT suited to run a country - period! In any other country in the world he would’ve had to step down immediately and there wouldn’t have been a single person on the street in protest of him having been ousted! But I guess money talks, right?!

You don't think others bought votes?  you mean he gave a stipend of around 500 baht to go vote?  there has been research that it changed nothing and even the yellows admitted they did the same. It was cultural to give a small sum so workers could take the time off to travel to vote - not a great system but they all did it. I'm afraid you are totally wrong on this one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Looks like you have fallen hook, line and sinker for the disgraced criminal lunatic Sondhi's Yellow Shirt propaganda.

There were about a dozen Yellow Shirts out at the last protest I saw from them a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like the wheels have finally fallen off and everyone has realised what a nonsense it all was. I mean, just look at the muddled conspiracy nonsense Sondhi is coming out with these days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BobBKK said:

You don't think others bought votes?  you mean he gave a stipend of around 500 baht to go vote?  there has been research that it changed nothing and even the yellows admitted they did the same. It was cultural to give a small sum so workers could take the time off to travel to vote - not a great system but they all did it. I'm afraid you are totally wrong on this one.

I’m not disputing that others did the same, but this isn’t about what others did, it’s about Thaksin! He’s corrupt and not fit to rule a nation! You can twist and turn that for as long as you want, doesn’t change the fact! 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Looks like you have fallen hook, line and sinker for the disgraced criminal lunatic Sondhi's Yellow Shirt propaganda.

There were about a dozen Yellow Shirts out at the last protest I saw from them a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like the wheels have finally fallen off and everyone has realised what a nonsense it all was. I mean, just look at the muddled conspiracy nonsense Sondhi is coming out with these days.

Thaksin is a criminal and not suitable to run a nation and you can twist and turn that for as long as you want, doesn’t change the fact! 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Thaksin is a criminal and not suitable to run a nation and you can twist and turn that for as long as you want, doesn’t change the fact! 

Well .....What you think of him does not change the fact that if an honest election were held & his name was on the ballot he would again be the PM in Thailand by a landslide & you of course would not be allowed to vote on the subject

That aside "not suitable to run a nation" ???? Gawd try to find any existing head of any nation & make the claim "oh that one is suitable"

Politicians are all not so different & as for Thailand.....sheesh ????

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, meechai said:

Well .....What you think of him does not change the fact that if an honest election were held & his name was on the ballot he would again be the PM in Thailand by a landslide & you of course would not be allowed to vote on the subject

That aside "not suitable to run a nation" ???? Gawd try to find any existing head of any nation & make the claim "oh that one is suitable"

Politicians are all not so different & as for Thailand.....sheesh ????

Whether he would win a vote with a landslide is pure speculation on your part, and if you’re alright with a criminal running a country then you seriously need to take off your fanboy blinders! 

Also, he won’t be coming back because he’s a criminal on the run and if he ever gets back he’ll go to trial, be sentenced and go to prison. 

You know what the best thing about it is? If he had just stayed away for a few years and would’ve kept his megalomaniacal mouth shut and his ego in check and accepted his fate, they most likely would’ve allowed him to come back on the quiet without going to trial, but he just had to open his big mouth and incite riots and because of that he will have to stay in exile for the rest of his life like the cowardly pussy that he is!

Edited by pacovl46