Ex-convict goes on stabbing spree at Bangkok mall when told to wear mask

webfact

4 minutes ago, DaLa said:

I find it useful wearing a mask now in Thailand. Together with shades they can't tell I'm a farang so I now pay Thai prices instead of inflated farang prices.

Even the fact I'm a foot taller than most Thais and have white hair still fools them.

I hate to disabuse you, but it will not fool anyone.  I have been quite surprised that even in mask, hat and shades,  my friends can always still recognize me and me them. I can always pick out a lovely lady, even in a mask and I never make the mistake of thinking a Farang is a Thai, you can tell them a mile off, don't ask me how, you just can.   Evidently, covering up the mouth and nose does not disguise anyone much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This guy has issues but one of them is that for a good part of his adult life he has lived in a system that rightfully tells him when to do anything.  Then he gets freedom but although it is a reasonable request he takes out the frustration of listening to the guards on this poor guy.  Simple solution is that you put him back in jail but before letting people out explain that rent a cops are not. Police.

Still believe this is the best country in the world to ride out the pandemic (stabbings aside - but London is much worse for that).  Forgot my mask one day, pleasant girl in 7-11 does a cute 'put your mask on' mime, and after saying "sorry, I'd forgotten it" in Thai, she directs me to the selection of masks by the door, I put one on and pay for it later using the empty bag.

Even the common practice of drinking, eating and wearing stuff in shops and paying on the way out with empty bottles, wrappers etc is a no-no in many other countries.  Never tried it with a condom, but I digress. 

And in most malls here, there's a small booth selling masks just after security for forgetful types like me. 

Edited by Kinnock
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I haven't seen or used the word beserk for so long I had forgotten it existed!  As I said on farcebook "With some criminals they should be locked up and the key thrown away. "  What I forgot to add was some should be executed to save the taxpayers some money.

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, where many people refer to the ultra-liberal city of Berkeley as Berserkley. If you've ever been there, you would know why.

3 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

I know what berserk means, I've always known it to be a word you only say in conversation and never in a written professional form

I use the word from time to time and have seen it written in US papers. Kind of makes me think of the 3 Stooges and he went Curly.

3 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

I know what berserk means, I've always known it to be a word you only say in conversation and never in a written professional form

Well I'm glad we have a literary giant in our midst (smile). I'm sure the 3 individuals who were stabbed are glad that the misuse of the word "berserk" has been reported to the forign language poilice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Again Thai culture is  imbedded  into the minds of many  Thai

Saving face  seems a ridiculous  excuse for many  act of  violence  in Thailand 

Which is totally against   the Budhissed  culture  anyway

Sorry   spelling bad eys  

Good Luck Thailand 

Childish minds.

7 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

Is the author of the article thai or foreign?

I've never seen the word "beserk" used in a newspaper article

No, But the translator most probably is (Rooster) and is British !!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Once again a man child has a hissy fit and throws a tantrum when told that he can not do what he wants, and to wear a mask.  Sometimes, one has to believe that if parents would be held responsible as to the wrongs there offspring commit, even at a later age, because the parents did not kick there rear ends and teach them the difference between right and wrong and respect, but instead believed in this FACE issue to much, if that would change anything.  OK, with that being written now I will put the inside voice away and go slap myself because after reading what I wrote I know it would never occur and is laughable.

Yes it is sarcasm

I think it's a bit to easy to condemn all parents for the behavior of there children (not withstanding some really are !). The recent story about that teacher violently abusing kindergarten children should open your eyes.

Some Parents could be the best parents ever but there work in educating there child could be destroyed by such bad teachers !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sraisin said:

The use of the word bezerk made me stop and repeat it out loud to hear how it sounds. The mention of the HIV patient card has still got me wondering. 

In some countries it would be illegal to publish private medical information

6 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

You didn't see "beserk" used in this OP either, what does it mean?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

Is the author of the article thai or foreign?

Are you foreign? The word is "berserk" (not "beserk") and quite a common word used to describe someone who "loses it" and behaves in an irrational and dangerous manner - here's the official definition:-

ber·serk
  1. out of control with anger or excitement; wild or frenzied.

Which I think adequately describes a person who stabs a number of people because he is asked to wera a face mask!!!
Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

Got it confused with 'jerk'?

Edited by onebir